Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-16-2020, 03:30 PM #1
DEADEYE365

Dug my A5 out of storage after 6 years...

Hi All,

I used to play all the time, but its been about 6 years now. I'm planning to go again in a few weeks and grabbed the A5 out of storage. I've put a lot of after market parts on it over the years, and the last time I was out I remember it was chopping BAD. I mean like every other shot was a broken ball. So I was hoping someone could help me pinpoint the issue.

I think it could definitely use new O rings, which I've already purchased and plan to install. Other than that, I remember the most recent parts I had put on it were a gauge on the stabilizer, a macro line instead of steel braided hose along with new elbows, and I apparently replaced some parts inside the cyclone feed, because I have a new bottom plate on it but I can't to remember what it was I installed.

The old plate just says "PAT. # 5,722,383" and just an "A" close to where the piston connects.

The new one says "PAT. # 5,722,383 # 6,739,323" and "A1" where the piston connects.

Does anyone know the difference between the 2?
I don't have air at the moment but I also remember hearing an air leak and idk if it was coming from the newly installed gauge or the new macro line. I know it's hard to troubleshoot everything when you can't see it but any advice is much appreciated! I've attached some pictures for reference.

My current plans are to:
1. Disassemble the marker and clean everything
2. Put new O rings on
3. Oil everything up
4. adjust stabilizer output to 850 psi (is this a good idea? whats good for an a5?)
5. Use teflon tape to seal up any air leaks I head coming from gauge or elbow joints.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0998.JPEG (1.27 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1001.JPG (1.30 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1002.JPG (1.25 MB, 7 views)
DEADEYE365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2020, 05:18 PM #2
MacAttack76

I think your plan to take everything apart, put new O-rings, Oil, and Teflon tape is perfect to get it all back to its prime.

As for the bottom plate I’m pretty sure theirs no difference other than Tippmann Acquired more patents.

Before you do anything with the Cyclone feed I would fix everything else and test shoot it with quality paintballs. (Maybe the last time you shot it you had brittle paint) if it’s still a chop fest here a link to a video I found.

https://youtu.be/M13BcX19stc
MacAttack76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:20 PM #3
DEADEYE365

Thanks for the response and affirming I'm taking the right steps! What are your thoughts on the A5's operating psi output? I've seen 850psi around the web but wanted to be sure.

It's possible I was using bad paint before. What paint would you recommend?
DEADEYE365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:18 AM #4
MacAttack76

Yeah the operating pressure is right around 800 if I’m not mistaken.

As for the paintballs most any paintball should be fine.. they just get brittle if they’re stored improperly or simply old paintballs.
MacAttack76 is offline   Reply With Quote