Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 04-23-2019, 02:55 PM #22
PBSales

You have to start with dirt before you can get grass. If the field is permanent green stuff will eventually grow on it!
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2019, 02:58 PM #23
The Bermuda Triangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazer View Post
Sure but concept fields; "airball/speedball/xball" is a completely different style of paintball and that's what you have to do to play that style.

This is supposed to be classic, but are turning it basically into a concept field by just dumping fill dirt in a field.

If people wanted to play that, they would just goto an NXL event or local series that already does that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
By that argument, Hyperball fields also shouldn't be part of the Classic format.

UWL did just woods for years. Did you play those? How many "Classic" events have you played?
What is a concept field in your definition? I'd rather have a layout with less variations when playing a tournament(woods or airball), especially if you don't have the opportunity to play the layout before arriving to the field because it limits the ability for people who are more familiar with the field to find little exploits and tricks on certain sides that other, less familiar, players don't have the ability/time to learn and understand. If you are a team traveling a long distance to the event, there's a strong possibility that you guys haven't played at this field before. Having more variations within sedentary layouts could create a home field advantage for teams that are closely located to the event. If you are playing walk-ons at your local field, I could understand how having more variations might be more desirable/fun with frequency, but if we're talking tournament play I think less variations with the layout levels the playing field for everyone. Which is part of the reason airball became so popular with the tournament scene, because you don't have to travel to the actual event location to practice on the layout when inflatable/movable bunkers are being used.
The Bermuda Triangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:14 PM #24
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
I don't think hyperball should. None of the concept fields should be part of it.

I didn't play any UWL because I was busy traveling around to NPPL/PSP/NXL events with XSV. I came up through Oh Pawlak's Predator teams in the woods and then moved into concept field event/series like Pan Am and never went back into the woods. Not that any of that matters.

My point is if were going to do classic, then let's do classic and not classic light.
Concept fields came before semis and constant air, so I guess they should also be playing with pumps and 12 grams?

And you skipped the format that you want because you were too busy traveling with a team playing on concept fields? I mean, UWL did outlive XSV's pro team days.

Have you even played a Classic event? I am always amazed at people who want to have a negative opinion about something that is supposed to be fun but they haven't even tried it because it doesn't fit their narrowly defined preconceived notions.

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:01 AM #25
FoxyShazam

has been a member for 10 years
FoxyShazam owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FoxyShazam owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Ah so the NXL is looking to land another cash cow huh? I'll stick to ICC and the like. Anything NXL right now is not worth the time.
FoxyShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:21 AM #26
LowBudget
Joined Before John

plays in the NXL
LowBudget plays in the APPA D3 division
The field variety is a reason I play the classic events. I hope ICPL, ICC, and all other classic events continue to incorporate 3 different field types each tournament.

If I had a vote, one of the fields would always be a woods field, simply because they are the most complex to play (and my personal preference). I would argue that woods makes it feel a bit more "classic" for me, but that's my personal nostalgia.

Let's just make sure the event organizers have teams playing the same number of games on each field in the prelims.
LowBudget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:48 AM #27
custommatt

custommatt is a Professional paintball player
custommatt supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyShazam View Post
Ah so the NXL is looking to land another cash cow huh? I'll stick to ICC and the like. Anything NXL right now is not worth the time.
I don't know if you can call it a cash cow. Entries for the NXL Classic events are on par with other events like it. More sanctioned mech events that all the big name teams are showing up to, I think that is awesome. You even have the OG Ironmen out of retirement for things like this.

Matt Sossoman #85
Omaha VICIOUS

FARSIDE
GI SPORTZ
http://www.inceptiondesigns.com/
custommatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:58 AM #28
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Concept fields came before semis and constant air, so I guess they should also be playing with pumps and 12 grams?

And you skipped the format that you want because you were too busy traveling with a team playing on concept fields? I mean, UWL did outlive XSV's pro team days.

Have you even played a Classic event? I am always amazed at people who want to have a negative opinion about something that is supposed to be fun but they haven't even tried it because it doesn't fit their narrowly defined preconceived notions.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:34 AM #29
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:

If you want it to be classic it should be Nelspots and oil based paint. 20 on 20.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:03 AM #30
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Fox4paintball is a Moderator
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBudget View Post
Let's just make sure the event organizers have teams playing the same number of games on each field in the prelims.
Sometimes (most times) the schedule and team count doesn't allow this - but the goal, I believe, is to always make it as fair/close as possible.
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:02 AM #31
Kazer

Kazer is playing at Living Legends VIII
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Quote:

I don't know why you are taking this attitude. I have an opinion and I played these events when it was just called "a paintball tournament" and didn't need any modifiers like "classic" or "mechanical". If you don't agree that's fine, we won't agree on everything.
Let's relax and have a beverage instead.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:23 AM #32
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
I don't know why you are taking this attitude. I have an opinion and I played these events when it was just called "a paintball tournament" and didn't need any modifiers like "classic" or "mechanical". If you don't agree that's fine, we won't agree on everything.
Let's relax and have a beverage instead.
So play one before telling them they should do it differently or call it something different. Lots of us have really enjoyed seeing and using old guns, old players, old fields as well as the new guns, new fields and new players have a great time.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:44 AM #33
Kazer

Quote:
So play one before telling them they should do it differently or call it something different. Lots of us have really enjoyed seeing and using old guns, old players, old fields as well as the new guns, new fields and new players have a great time.
Okay, but how about that beverage?
Old 04-24-2019, 11:25 AM #34
cgallag

Quote:
I mean, UWL did outlive XSV's pro team days.
That belongs in /r/murderedbywords
cgallag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:58 AM #35
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Absolutely any time!

And Oh Pawlak was a really good dude. He invited me out to my very first pro team practice and even loaned me one of his legendary jerseys when he realized I didn't bring anything woodsball appropriate to play in. Let me know if you ever connect with him again. I'd love to tell him "thanks" once more for hooking me (a relative stranger) up.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:14 PM #36
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Quote:
Absolutely any time!

And Oh Pawlak was a really good dude. He invited me out to my very first pro team practice and even loaned me one of his legendary jerseys when he realized I didn't bring anything woodsball appropriate to play in. Let me know if you ever connect with him again. I'd love to tell him "thanks" once more for hooking me (a relative stranger) up.

Beer Summit 2.0?
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:26 PM #37
Kazer

Quote:
Absolutely any time!

Deal!

Last I heard Oh was here in the Central Valley managing a car dealership? But even that has been 10 years ago I heard that.
He is an awesome guy and has a TON of stories from some of the greatest teams.

My favorite was him trying to telling us how he invented the run-thru.
A claim I will let him have, but honestly doubt he was the very first one!
Old 04-24-2019, 11:04 PM #38
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgallag View Post
That belongs in /r/murderedbywords
Yea I made a face when I got to that line. I loved XSV, they were easily the second most handsome team behind the Raiders. But John typed a hole through that man's screen. I considered reporting his post so he could give himself an infraction.

WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:25 PM #39
Rob.Phifer

I’m still waiting for one of the classic events to give us a door field.

#neverforget
Rob.Phifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:23 AM #40
Mr. Charlie

I like those see-thru bunkers they had at Skyball lol.

#neverforget
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:15 AM #41
MattHorn

Was at badlandz yesterday some of the fields are semi built, still working out the bugs. Mix of local teams playing yesterday. Gonna be different woods fields from last year. Ren has some work left, but certainly has been busy. The ****ty long winter we have had in Chicago hasn’t helped.
MattHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:25 AM #42
custommatt

custommatt is a Professional paintball player
What does the mounds feild look like?

Matt Sossoman #85
Omaha VICIOUS

FARSIDE
GI SPORTZ
http://www.inceptiondesigns.com/
custommatt is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.