Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 09:10 PM #85
patrickusaf08

patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
patrickusaf08 supports DLX Technology
James is there any idea when we might see the full details.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2015, 09:28 PM #86
ProMod
Gun Tech

has been a member for 10 years
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
Why is there an ANS logo on these pictures? Shouldn't they be barred from everything MacDev?
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:32 PM #87
Meekrobe

Meekrobe is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod View Post
Why is there an ANS logo on these pictures? Shouldn't they be barred from everything MacDev?
Photo credit maybe? ANS is at the event.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:34 PM #88
Pakistani
VCU Rams

Pakistani is a Paintball photographer
 plays in the NXL
Pakistani owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Pakistani is an NCPA player
Quote:
seems like ANS/PBN are working together on PBE coverage.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:00 PM #89
cockerman1417
Blind kids hate you too

plays in the NXL
cockerman1417 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cockerman1417 supports DLX Technology
Have there really been 5 gens of the clone?
Old 02-24-2015, 10:02 PM #90
Funk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by James@MacDev View Post
BTW these are not available at ANS.

All edges have been rounded off the frame.

Its "SHIFT" barrel not a shaft please!!!!

To the guy who says its not enough change......when you make a gun please let me critique first...please!!

This is a total new body, yes the cuts are similar as that style is very popular for us. Much more to come once we spill the beans totally.
Here Here, can you give us a full release date if possible. Up here in TO Canada its colder than a MoFo but the itchin' to get a new gat for spring and summer!
Guerilla 70CI 4500
Dye Rotor
Empire Z2
Old 02-24-2015, 10:21 PM #91
RUSSOR

RUSSOR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RUSSOR plays in the APPA D4 division
Anyone with a C6...does the stock trigger have side to side play like the clone gts?
Old 02-24-2015, 10:27 PM #92
C@mM!

C@mM! supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSOR View Post
Anyone with a C6...does the stock trigger have side to side play like the clone gts?
No, the C6 trigger has been updated and has no side to side.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:28 PM #93
C@mM!

C@mM! supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerman1417 View Post
Have there really been 5 gens of the clone?
Droid, Clone, Clone VX, Clone GT, Clone 5
Old 02-24-2015, 10:32 PM #94
pmcontra305
Paintball Madness

is playing at Living Legends XI
pmcontra305 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pmcontra305 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pmcontra305 is for the Gunfight
Ok ok by no means do I think this is a bad design, I actually think its great! As for the cuts on this is what I meant, as most of you who quoted me pointed out it looks like the clone gt series. I am now aware of the frame changes with the c6 frame. Which is fine I just put my opinion that the 2015 gti name wouldn't sound so bad. By clone 5 although this is definitely acceptable I think most of us were expecting a whole different look.

Been a Macdev supporter/customer possibly before a few you guys (since the 07 borg), since I guess I did sound like a douche.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:41 PM #95
taulce1
Juston Taul Photography

This thread is exactly why I have little faith in the human race.

Making blanket statements about things that are either unknown or completely wrong. Not taking the time to actually read.

Examples being the rounded frame comment. They pulled a Dye comment. Asking about the trigger (least offensive) comment. I could go on.

So much about this gun has changed and been improved upon. There isn't a single gun out there that comes close from a technological standpoint. You might not like the looks or ergonomics perhaps, but you can't argue the rest.

You haven't seen the internals yet. Neither have I. I'm just saying that MacDev doesn't do anything half ***. There will be improvements to the drive. You will be impressed when it's all over. Those of you that know... know. The rest of you should try it for yourself and for gods sake read something instead of spatting off nonsense.

I haven't been this impressed by a marker refresh in a long time. James and his team did a phenomenal job this year.

The Drone 2 was a huge game changer in the mid end market. They raised the bar. This Clone 5 is just icing on the cake in my opinion.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:53 PM #96
RUSSOR

Well if i HAVE to pic something apart on this gun it would be...of ALL the places to put two screws why would you put them on the back of the fore grip right where your thumb is going to go...it looks like its going to be a thumbgrader...and i wish the grip wrapped around up and underneath the drivetrain like an lv1/geo...other than that they fixed every issue with the clone and added a soft tip bolt, its not like they couldve made it shoot any better, im sold... BIG Macdev fan right here

Last edited by RUSSOR : 02-24-2015 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:02 PM #97
tim2thousand4

tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
thank you for the soft tips you gave Bob today. Very helpful!!
Old 02-24-2015, 11:32 PM #98
CaptainKay
Rebel Scum

CaptainKay has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CaptainKay supports Empire
If I can play devils advocate for a second, I can see why some people are not blown away by this at first glance.

It does looks similiar to the GTi, sure. It is an all black gun, which on the speedball field and on PbN often isn't that exciting to many folks.

I also think MacDev did themselves a disservice by not unveiling it fully, with a range of crazy colors (you know there's gonna be a sweet apple green Clone 5 with cyan grips on HK's feed sometime soon) and detailing all the innovations to stop any unneccesary speculation and false information.

For people that follow MD closely and are familiar with the Cyborg 6 you know that these changes, that might appear minor in some peoples eyes, are really big. The C6 frame with no wires or subplates, new smooth trigger, rubber grips and improved ergonomics.

They improved every aspect that was issues for people with the GTi. Really looking forward to see these in action.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:56 PM #99
taulce1
Juston Taul Photography

I can't argue.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:23 AM #100
meest123

meest123 is playing at Living Legends VIII
meest123 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Trigger was the only complaint I ever had about my gti, and I would go as far as saying that the c6 trigger is one of the BEST feeling triggers available. It's phenomenal. This marker is going to be the benchmark for spools. Gti is smoother than any marker out, period, but I dont think it's exactly the quietest.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:59 AM #101
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakistani View Post
seems like ANS/PBN are working together on PBE coverage.
I think that's a poor life choice, but I'm going to keep my head low on this one.
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:03 AM #102
CaptainKay
Rebel Scum

CaptainKay has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CaptainKay supports Empire
Quote:
I think that's a poor life choice, but I'm going to keep my head low on this one.
Mhmm.. Money talks I guess.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:54 AM #103
RUSSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by meest123 View Post
Trigger was the only complaint I ever had about my gti, and I would go as far as saying that the c6 trigger is one of the BEST feeling triggers available. It's phenomenal. This marker is going to be the benchmark for spools. Gti is smoother than any marker out, period, but I dont think it's exactly the quietest.
absolutely, the majority of clones out there have after market triggers installed, myself included, i have rubber tape on my trigger frame, before..id come home after practice and my finger would be swelled and blistered, exalt grip on the foregrip, otherwise once paint started spraying my hands would twist and slide, and sometimes i need a wrench to get my shift inserts unscrewed....throw a soft bolt tip in there and they nailed it, they actually listened to the customers unlike some other companies
Old 02-25-2015, 07:58 AM #104
Evil Rocky

Evil Rocky supports Ninja Paintball
I really wonder what and how different bolt is. Macdev always makes top notch products.
Max Gerhard #1 fan!!!
Old 02-25-2015, 08:57 AM #105
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
I really like this gun, and if I had the money I would certainly upgrade from my GT (which is a 'gti' now). The hpr in the frame is very welcome and comforting because I dont like how the air is channeled in the GT. I didnt thin I would like the rubber everywhere but on the Clone 5 it looks very nice when combined with the cyborg parts. Also, the wireless frame is a KILLER idea and took way too long for someone to bring to the table. The GT is difficult to remove the frame because of all the electronics. With a wireless frame, moving and cleaning that area will be a breeze.

Interested in this new bolt. Doubt it brings any real performance increase but the softshot tip might be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomette View Post
hopefully the were smart enough to smooth out the trigger guard from how sharp it was before, and improved the engine issues with oring tolerances
I agree with the first part of your statement. The second part, not so much. I screw with my drive way too much with orings and fitment. Never have I found that factory spec orings (buna 70) that didnt work right or perform well. The only time I get issues is if I go off the beaten path and try fancy things like Polly and Xrings in places that I should not.
Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.