ReplyNews Ups

Old 05-07-2021, 04:25 PM #43
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
If I remember correctly, Mike said the NXL asks paint vendors to pay a sum of money and then they can't sell paint for the first year that they sponsor the league so he didn't want to do that at that time.

Maybe now with him running Aftermath he'll reconsider.
GI/NXL doesn't really want any paint competition. People can lie and say they are not the same but nobody believes that nonsense.

Remember when Virtue tried to get into the paint game. GI basically used extortion tactics to push Virtue out of the paint game quickly.

It is easy to say "all" teams won with GI paint when they make it financially pointless for another company to be allowed to sell paint at their events.

I have shot enough sub par GI paint to be less than impressed. Let's be honest, the best paint today isn't as good as paint was 25 years ago. It is the only technology I can think of that has gone backwards.
“GI SPORTZ IS IN CONTROL NOW!” - Ryan Greenspan, nxl Great Lakes 2015
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2021, 04:33 PM #44
$balla
[b]anned

has been a member for 10 years
John: Literally makes a post trying to keep the site somewhat relevant.

Everyone: Stop talking about GI.
$balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 06:19 PM #45
$$AMONEY$$

$$AMONEY$$ is a Supporting Member
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Hellfire. That was a long time ago. Ultra Evil was the truth. Lots of paint shenanigans over the years for sure. I wonder what the event was or who the rep was.
Yeah, I'm from a long time ago lol. But I'm about 90% sure it was from here:

We used to buy paint from teams that were knocked out and had flown in, then drive it back to South Carolina and use it for practice. This was the re-introduction of Hellfire; not the 2,500 ball suitcases they used to come in. In this year they had those fancy gold paint coupons you would give to the truck driver to for your paint.

Last edited by $$AMONEY$$ : 05-07-2021 at 06:28 PM.
$$AMONEY$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 06:50 PM #46
Morgenstern

Quote:
Haha, I always find it funny when pro teams realize your paint is so much better than theirs and go to great lengths to score it. That dates back to my PMI days shooting Ultra Evil with teams like Dynasty in their heyday coming to our staging asking for some.
Always loved Evil and Ultra Evil.
Morgenstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:10 PM #47
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mason View Post
But seriously, as far as paint goes I am impressed that GI paint won every division. Outside of a single manufacturer providing event only paint I don't recall that happening.

Now that all said.. it would be cool to see APX allowed to provide paint at the events and see them stack up against each other.
But, but, but, some people don't think it is newsworthy even though no one can remember it happening before!

APX has 100% provided paint at NXL events before. I know. I've shot it. I like Mike and maybe he remembers how close he came to sweeping an event. I can't think of anything close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
i can assure you, it's not fun.
You settle down. In a decade and a half of playing here you've barely even heard me raise my voice.

Quote:
GI/NXL doesn't really want any paint competition. People can lie and say they are not the same but nobody believes that nonsense.

Remember when Virtue tried to get into the paint game. GI basically used extortion tactics to push Virtue out of the paint game quickly.

It is easy to say "all" teams won with GI paint when they make it financially pointless for another company to be allowed to sell paint at their events.
If you were right and GI wanted no competition and owned the NXL, then the NXL would be GI paint only. But it's not so you're obviously wrong.

Lots of misinformation and confusion here. Pretending the NXL and GI are the same when both the CEO and I personally have argued with the NXL this year is very easily demonstrably false.

GI is actually working with Virtue. We couldn't have swept the NXL without Virtue teams like the Hurricanes. Virtue came to me this year and we're doing almost everything they want. Don't be surprised if we work with them more. So apparently Virtue, who actually knows what happened, doesn't remember it the same way.

And two other paint companies DID provide paint. They just didn't win any of the Xball divisions. So you can't tell them it makes no sense since no one is coercing them into doing it. They did do it. They just didn't win doing it. This time.

And GI NEEDS other paint companies. We don't have the manufacturing capability to supply the whole world. Just like if GI went away tomorrow, most fields in the world would suffer because there wouldn't be near enough paint to go around.

If you meant GI wants to be the only paint provided at the national tournament level, that's also not true. If we did we'd launch our own and make it field paint only. And we're back to my first point, if GI owned the NXL and wanted no competition, it would be GI paint only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $balla View Post

Lol, hard not to talk about GI AND talk about teams that won this time. But it's OK. I realize the post I made was a little over the top. But honestly, sweeping the Xball divisions is beyond newsworthy. I didn't expect everyone to be happy about it. I wouldn't have been if I'd been the other paint companies (or sponsored by them) either.

I am not saying that GI will ever sweep an event like this again. Especially since no one can remember it ever happening before. But to pretend it's not borderline historic is silly. If another paint company ever does it, it will be equally amazing.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:04 PM #48
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:

You think selling out to GI is okay?
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:13 AM #49
$$AMONEY$$

$$AMONEY$$ is a Supporting Member
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the APPA D2 division

Last time I shot white shell/pink fill Ultra Evil was at a USXBL a few years back
Old 05-08-2021, 08:40 PM #50
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mason View Post
But seriously, as far as paint goes I am impressed that GI paint won every division. Outside of a single manufacturer providing event only paint I don't recall that happening.

Now that all said.. it would be cool to see APX allowed to provide paint at the events and see them stack up against each other.
But, but, but, some people don't think it is newsworthy even though no one can remember it happening before!

APX has 100% provided paint at NXL events before. I know. I've shot it. I like Mike and maybe he remembers how close he came to sweeping an event. I can't think of anything close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
i can assure you, it's not fun. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pbnation.com/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
You settle down. In a decade and a half of playing here you've barely even heard me raise my voice.

Quote:

If you were right and GI wanted no competition and owned the NXL, then the NXL would be GI paint only. But it's not so you're obviously wrong.

Lots of misinformation and confusion here. Pretending the NXL and GI are the same when both the CEO and I personally have argued with the NXL this year is very easily demonstrably false.

GI is actually working with Virtue. We couldn't have swept the NXL without Virtue teams like the Hurricanes. Virtue came to me this year and we're doing almost everything they want. Don't be surprised if we work with them more. So apparently Virtue, who actually knows what happened, doesn't remember it the same way.

And two other paint companies DID provide paint. They just didn't win any of the Xball divisions. So you can't tell them it makes no sense since no one is coercing them into doing it. They did do it. They just didn't win doing it. This time.

And GI NEEDS other paint companies. We don't have the manufacturing capability to supply the whole world. Just like if GI went away tomorrow, most fields in the world would suffer because there wouldn't be near enough paint to go around.

If you meant GI wants to be the only paint provided at the national tournament level, that's also not true. If we did we'd launch our own and make it field paint only. And we're back to my first point, if GI owned the NXL and wanted no competition, it would be GI paint only.

Quote:

Lol, hard not to talk about GI AND talk about teams that won this time. But it's OK. I realize the post I made was a little over the top. But honestly, sweeping the Xball divisions is beyond newsworthy. I didn't expect everyone to be happy about it. I wouldn't have been if I'd been the other paint companies (or sponsored by them) either.

I am not saying that GI will ever sweep an event like this again. Especially since no one can remember it ever happening before. But to pretend it's not borderline historic is silly. If another paint company ever does it, it will be equally amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Quote:

Monster Balls is the best paint John, get with the program.
Old 05-09-2021, 03:55 AM #51
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Well, it was the #1 selling paintball product of all time....
Old 05-09-2021, 12:17 PM #52
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Yeah, finding a job because your employer (this site) let you go is a total sell out move. What a shill to the machine.

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 02:23 PM #53
(dr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
Everyone was pumped for Matt's first pro win completely forgetting it was also Rob Valez's first pro win since becoming pro in 2012!
Dude had his pack off in the finals bro...there is a reason no one is saying his name.

As for all the haters in here; congrats, your ****ty toxic troll attitude is part of the reason we don't have a real sport. No one likes you or gives a **** what you say, as much as you try to live vicariously through tearing others down that are at least supporting something, you will never fill that hole in your sad, little heart.

Also, evil is still the best paint. They sell it at USXBL over 5 star and it did everything right. Didn't break in pods, broke on the corner runners. Yall can lament for the heydays but that **** is over and done with.

Last edited by (dr) : 05-09-2021 at 02:26 PM.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 02:25 PM #54
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by neweraballer76 View Post
Quote:
Yeah, finding a job because your employer (this site) let you go is a total sell out move. What a shill to the machine.
Im not familiar with what John did for a living, did he actually have a job as a pbn monitor Or did his employer happen to create this website? Ain’t nothing wrong with hopping on the gi bandwagon, they have cash. They’ve almost completely took over the industry. They’re basically the Chinese communist party of paintball!
Old 05-09-2021, 04:26 PM #55
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Im not familiar with what John did for a living, did he actually have a job as a pbn monitor Or did his employer happen to create this website? Ain’t nothing wrong with hopping on the gi bandwagon, they have cash. They’ve almost completely took over the industry. They’re basically the Chinese communist party of paintball!
From my outside looking in knowledge, he was a pro player, worked at PMI, then was one of the ground floor mods/admins here, to where he then got a full time position until VS bought it, and then he continued to work directly for VS for this site, then went to PBRetro, and is now with GI
Old 05-09-2021, 06:16 PM #56
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Quote:
From my outside looking in knowledge, he was a pro player, worked at PMI, then was one of the ground floor mods/admins here, to where he then got a full time position until VS bought it, and then he continued to work directly for VS for this site, then went to PBRetro, and is now with GI
PMI Pirahna was the greatest gun of all time
Old 05-09-2021, 07:16 PM #57
goosegooseduck

with all the crazy censorship going on in the world i find it awesome the admin hasn't banned anyone in the thread for questioning the narrative.

I do think it's cool that zap paintballs are only $28 for 2000 at walmart...made by gi paint I think...since the paintball doesn't have a patent anymore eventually we will see more companies.

is there anyone with a paintball machine besides hk and gi in the united states?
edit:nelson seems like they make their own but they are more for military and cops

Last edited by goosegooseduck : 05-09-2021 at 07:21 PM. Reason: adding info
goosegooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:51 PM #58
goosegooseduck

oops gi was imaking paintballs canada and now they are known as Kore Outdoor Inc.
fun fact the person who owned gi also owned remington firearms for a bit as well...
goosegooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:26 PM #59
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Im not familiar with what John did for a living, did he actually have a job as a pbn monitor Or did his employer happen to create this website?
Neither really. No one has ever been paid here to moderate or be an admin. However, I did work for the site doing other things like ad sales and developing their FB and YT. For a platform that was dated, I kept it profitable, relevant to the industry and grew the social media to ridiculous proportions with no budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Reasonably close with a lot of that but none of it is really completely correct.

Quote:
They aren't paying me nearly enough to sell out. However, I do work full time for Kore Outdoor and I haven't had to compromise anything to work with them either. Kore has about 250 employees making it far and away the largest employer in the paintball industry. I am getting the opportunity to influence them at the highest level and I can't say I agree with every little thing, I can overwhelmingly say they want paintball to grow and thrive and are working hard to do that.

I do find it funny when people want to villainize one corporation while promoting another that easily takes just as much heat. You have a DLX badge but Smart Parts is one of the most hated companies ever in paintball.

Quote:
I won several tournaments with a Piranha (you almost spelled it correctly). I was an Indiana State Champion shooting one of those against Intimidators and Matrixes. That was Evil Factory's first ever event. I used a Piranha for it and well into the first few practices.

Quote:
Lol. That terrible paint tried to ruin the good name of JT. I am amazed JT survived. One of the local fields still has a wooden sign up banning Monster Balls. That sign probably cost more to make than the paint. I don't think anyone from the Monsterball era works at Kore anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosegooseduck View Post
with all the crazy censorship going on in the world i find it awesome the admin hasn't banned anyone in the thread for questioning the narrative.

I do think it's cool that zap paintballs are only $28 for 2000 at walmart...made by gi paint I think...since the paintball doesn't have a patent anymore eventually we will see more companies.

is there anyone with a paintball machine besides hk and gi in the united states?
There is no patent nor has there been a patent enforced on paintballs.

Lol. And thanks. I think. I have only banned a handful of people ever on this site who weren't actively trying to get banned. And never for just being wrong. The trick in life is to learn something and not subject yourself to willful ignorance believing nonsense. I don't blame people who are wrong. But I am amazed at people who want to believe something so badly that they do even if it goes beyond reason.

HK does not own any paintball machines anywhere - and especially not in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosegooseduck View Post
oops gi was imaking paintballs canada and now they are known as Kore Outdoor Inc.
fun fact the person who owned gi also owned remington firearms for a bit as well...
Richmond used to own GI and now he is part of Roundhill Group which did indeed buy Remington. And the name change is pretty well documented on here and elsewhere.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:47 PM #60
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevota View Post

Congratz to Rob and Trevor as well, I believe it was there first Pro win as well.
I wasn't thinking about Trevor. He joined Impact and the Ironmen promptly won. Then with only two events last year, this was Trevor's first win with Impact. However, didn't he win Texas events with Infamous in 2015 and 2016?
Old 05-09-2021, 11:21 PM #61
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevota View Post

Congratz to Rob and Trevor as well, I believe it was there first Pro win as well.
I wasn't thinking about Trevor. He joined Impact and the Ironmen promptly won. Then with only two events last year, this was Trevor's first win with Impact. However, didn't he win Texas events with Infamous in 2015 and 2016?
Trevor won at least 2 events with infamous. Dallas 2015, and the second event (can’t remember the location) of 2016 against impact.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:26 AM #62
(dr)

Quote:
How is a private business with direct competition communist?

You've said a lot of dumb **** over the years, but now you don't even make sense. You're just a miserable troll. You're not even funny anymore.

Hurr durr GI bad.

Do you know how much paintball I've been able to play because of the deals GI cuts on their paint? Which, might I add, shoots pretty damn good all the way down to 2 star.

Do you even play paintball or is this the last semblance of relevance you have? Coming here to harass people anonymously like a child?

How about you just **** off for good? I listened to you ***** about Impact for years and surprise, surprise. They finally win again and you just can't shut the **** up about their paint sponsor.

It really makes me wonder what is wrong with you psychologically that you put this much energy into this. You're like Damian Ryan, only you don't even play and no one likes you so you don't really even have the platform you think you do.

Try being more sparse and clever like John Sherman.

Good day, sir.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:32 AM #63
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
I mean, they were beasts of a rental gun and so many fields seemed to have them for a long period of time.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.