Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-19-2020, 10:29 PM #1
k5im5n5

Soft tip Cocker bolt

Anyone know of how or where to get one, buy one, make one I appreciate it. I haver a karnivor MQ1 with scifi board. Balls are too small and im sure my karni is having ball reading issues(along with the ball clipping). The bolt sits back farther than a poppit/hammer karni. With the balls being smaller I can see that with ball in breach the ball doesn't even cover the eye. Any suggestions?
k5im5n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2020, 11:40 PM #2
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
lengthen the center shaft of the bolt or have the bolt tip modded to accept the planet eclipse soft tips from the iv core. that will keep the ball from rolling in to the bolts center hole.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:45 PM #3
Dk-79
SCHWING!

has been a member for 10 years
Dk-79 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Shoot bigger paint would be the easy solution. The other would be to adjust the backstop on the cocking rod and try to keep the throw as small as possible.

If your paint is too small, your paint is too small. I wish there was a petition we could sign for paint manufacturers, because .68 is .68. They keep trying to shave a few thousandths at a time to save a few pennies, but my marker isn't changing.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:55 PM #4
k5im5n5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk-79 View Post
Shoot bigger paint would be the easy solution. The other would be to adjust the backstop on the cocking rod and try to keep the throw as small as possible.

If your paint is too small, your paint is too small. I wish there was a petition we could sign for paint manufacturers, because .68 is .68. They keep trying to shave a few thousandths at a time to save a few pennies, but my marker isn't changing.
lol true that on the shaving. But the karni has an MQ valve. So the cocking rod isn't connected to anything. I ended up extending the length like was suggested and used a saw blade to cut a groove at the tip to accept and extra soft tip I had. It makes up a lot of space nicely and the ball just drops straight down with no wobble in the breach.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:08 PM #5
cfos00

Ramp the tip of your bolt to stop the ball clipping. I make my own bolts, and ramp all of them. It works. Sand/file/dremel it.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:37 PM #6
k5im5n5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos00 View Post
Ramp the tip of your bolt to stop the ball clipping. I make my own bolts, and ramp all of them. It works. Sand/file/dremel it.
Ty sir for the input I will keep that in mind when I try out this bolt. But if I may add. The clipping it seems was from the next ball in the stack. With a ball in the breach and one in the stack. With the bolt pulled back and the barrel removed (no air tank ofcourse) I can see the next ball hanging down infront of the ball in the breach if that makes sense. Can I also ask where I may get or see a bolt of yours?
Old 05-22-2020, 09:01 PM #7
cfos00

The point of the ramp is so the front of the bolt tip is below the next ball if it's partially fed into the stack, stopping you from breaking that next ball. It's ramped so that it can push that ball that's partially fed back up the stack and keep it intact. The bolt actually moves the partial feed back in place to feed correctly. Cure bolts are cut in the front to do the exact same thing.

Skip to about the 6 minute mark. I make the annihilation kits, or R/T kits for cockers.
https://www.facebook.com/24526716626...11762229560295
Old 05-23-2020, 08:43 AM #8
k5im5n5

Quote:
The point of the ramp is so the front of the bolt tip is below the next ball if it's partially fed into the stack, stopping you from breaking that next ball. It's ramped so that it can push that ball that's partially fed back up the stack and keep it intact. The bolt actually moves the partial feed back in place to feed correctly. Cure bolts are cut in the front to do the exact same thing.

Skip to about the 6 minute mark. I make the annihilation kits, or R/T kits for cockers.
https://www.facebook.com/24526716626...11762229560295
Oh my...that r/t kit is awesome(more info plz. i dont have FB) i see what you did to the bolt to lengthen it which is what i was going for. not sure if i can ramp it though with the soft tip i put on it. but i will look at a few other bolts i have to try and DIY...Does the R/T go down to 10.5? have you tried to measure it and all? Yes more info on that plz.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:32 PM #9
cfos00

The R/T system uses a longer bolt to actually slow it down, and you can control the speed based on timing. You can have it down below 10.5 if you want to, and you can lock in the timing.

It's a lot like the BPS reflex kit, but updated. I've shot reflexes for about 5 years now, but thought that there were some things I could improve. I made my prototype a little first one about a year ago, and have used them at east coast scenarios like Fulda Gap and Bones and Ashes. I made about 20 kits, and have been sold out for a while now. In terms of speed, mine are set around 12 BPS, which is the speed limit at most of the games I've been playing. I was gunned several times at OXCC for Legends and Supergame last year and was at 12 consistently. I love em. They rip.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:19 PM #10
k5im5n5

Quote:
The R/T system uses a longer bolt to actually slow it down, and you can control the speed based on timing. You can have it down below 10.5 if you want to, and you can lock in the timing.

It's a lot like the BPS reflex kit, but updated. I've shot reflexes for about 5 years now, but thought that there were some things I could improve. I made my prototype a little first one about a year ago, and have used them at east coast scenarios like Fulda Gap and Bones and Ashes. I made about 20 kits, and have been sold out for a while now. In terms of speed, mine are set around 12 BPS, which is the speed limit at most of the games I've been playing. I was gunned several times at OXCC for Legends and Supergame last year and was at 12 consistently. I love em. They rip.
thats sick, wish i was around when they came out they sound fun...(note to self and others) lengthening a stock bolt was not good. i should have known itd move the bolt hole