reiphil
longshotpaintball.club

reiphil owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
reiphil owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
reiphil has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
reiphil supports Ninja Paintball
Empire Sniper - Seeking Help/General Guidance

Hey guys,

I dove in to pump by getting an Empire Sniper... Wanted an MVP but did not want to spend the 800-1200 they're currently going for...

So. I got a sniper, the person I got it from had it tuned very well and it was FLAWLESS the first time I took it out.

Then me being me, I started tinkering... Inceptions Drift Pump Kit, Inceptions Main Hammer Spring set, and inception hammer.

So a few questions -

1) After I installed the pump kit, I'm not 100% sure the distance I should be setting the sled. Right now, I have it ALL the way on. I tested it at a few different distances but I've noticed without it all the way on, the pump stroke sometimes doesn't fully reset?

2) Which leads to question 2... I've noticed that with the pump stroke not fully seating the bolt on return, I can fire due to hammer lug not being in the "correct" place. I've changed that so that the bolt has to be fully past the breach now, but still have some issues with the pump stroke not returning the bolt fully? Are there slightly stronger pump handle springs I should look into getting to resolve this?

3) Is there a max I can tune the regulator to? I want to lighten the hammer spring but doing so, I could not turn the IVG high enough to have a high enough velocity. I didn't know if upping the output pressure on the reg would have any terrible effects. Since the block is different from the drift pump kit, I no longer have the gauge and then I didn't know if the gauge would even matter if I need to crank the regulator up?

4) Any videos anyone would recommend for different styles of holding/pumping? I've been using the hitman mod as a crutch but it allows me to tuck a lot better than having to extend my hand/wrist for the pump stroke.

Probably more questions to come... Any advice or starting place to look would be awesome. I've looked over the main FAQs here but couldn't find the answers... I'm really looking for some guide on this is how to maintain an empire sniper, these are the pitfalls you may have and how to avoid them or correct them, etc.
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2020, 07:48 PM #2
Kanto

Hey, I have basically the same set up and here are my notes.

1) Fiddle with it a bit, I also have the drift kit on mine and it's happiest with the sled a little off flush. The stock pump kit is a little hit or miss. I've shot guns that where super smooth, I've shot some that are nightmares. Mine was one of the later so I swapped.

2) I notice my gun is much happier if I firmly pump it forward. I don't use the hitman much so it's not a problem for me. A ccm return spring is slightly stronger than the inception one but not that much.

3) Here's where I can be more of a help. I'm running a stock valve, inception hammer, and CCM springs (very soft) in mine and you absolutely have to increase the pressure. Set the IVG to slightly more in than flush and bring the reg pressure up till where the gun doesn't leak after each shot and the velocity is increasing than slowly tweak it till you achieve your max velocity and then use the IVG to tune. This process is called sweat spotting and there's some really in depth guides here or on youtube. My reg ended up at pretty much max input pressure, something like 350-400PSI which is where ccm's run. One thing to note is softer springs will mean you need to cock the gun before airing it up or you'll get a slow leak down the barrel until it's cocked.

4) Holding the pump forward will give you better velocity but it's mostly personal preference. Do what you want.

For general advice, look at any cocker channel on youtube. Socrates Jones has a really helpful one on CCMs which is very applicable. Honestly pumps are pretty simple, put a bit of oil in the asa and keep it clean and it'll shoot well. Most of the difficulties comes from modifying it which is also part of the fun.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask more questions. I also made a guide on reddit on how to optimize the pump stroke which may be helpful. It's called something along the lines of "How to make your empire sniper shoot like a CCM"
Kanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 12:06 PM #3
reiphil
longshotpaintball.club

reiphil owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
reiphil owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
reiphil has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
reiphil supports Ninja Paintball
Thanks! I read that guide and actually just switched out some springs. Sweetspot the reg, and it's shooting super nice now. Not quite as smooth as a CCM but for half the price, can't be too upset.

I just need to play with it more

Sweetspotting the reg was the biggest thing and allows me to use the lighter springs with no issue.