Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-02-2020, 01:21 AM #2437
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Lurker Paragon

Was just looking at the old thread and looking at the pics again. This gun needs to be made still. It has several of the design elements that I really admire in some current markers I use and really enjoy. The prototype body still looks hot and still looks like a home run in the ergos department too. Just saying.
-KC Crusaders [ woodsball and speedball ]

2020 Setup:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 3 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-Gtek M170R, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball ]
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2020, 02:08 PM #2438
i need a intimidator
R.I.P Jacob Espindola

has been a member for 10 years
I’m torn between getting a LV1.6 or Geo 4. I loved my 3.5 and the LV has been my fav poppit to shoot to date. I also can score a clean Vanquish GT from my local shop for cheap. I currently have an Ice and Sig Series Force both of which I love. The ice is my fav shooter, I just love that airy soft shot and the ergos are my fav. I think I’ll really love the Squish for the same shot characteristic as the ice. I really love that airy soft shot, which pretty much all spools don’t have nowadays. The Squish just look butt ugly ����.

-TRUST-
Italian Pride
In Loving Memory of Jacob Espindola
i need a intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:19 AM #2439
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Lengthy Update

I need a intimidator,
Hopefully you are okay with roughly the same amount of performance for all the $$ you would drop. The LV1.6 at the end of the day is going to be about the same experience with almost any other LV1, and same could be said for the Geo 4. Although the Geo 4 in itís new form is a big improvement in ergonomics. I wouldnít even bother with the Vanquish. If. Had to decide between the Geo 4 and LV1.6, Iíd probably pick the Geo 4.

What do I like in the Geo 4 over the 1.6?
-AA battery usage
-too-less grip removal
-ergonomics
Itís just an easier gun to live with imo.

What do I like in the 1.6 over the Geo 4?
-Ultra smooth and quiet shot
-itís a different experience I guess

Quick Update
Played a more leisurely day of speedball with some friends. What I brought to test and play with, and my latest impression:

-Prime XTS
Pretty amazing machine the XTS is. Lately Iíve overheard or was told directly from players around me, is that certain guns have different shots. Now we all know science proved that all of this paint flys the same when shot at the same speed, but we also sort of acknowledge that perception is hard to actually quantify but itís a legitimate experience as well. One player says he likes how the M2 shoots best because the paint on Planet Eclipse guns drop sooner for him- I straight up heard that last week. Another player who uses an LVR swears by the drop shot that helps him eliminate snake players- also heard that like two weekends ago.

The Prime XTS the way itís laid out, like the Clone 5, somehow works like magic in my hands. I guess where my paint will end up, aim, and the paint gets there. Some guns have that drop and makes guessing and then correcting harder; with the Primes itís just so easy and natural to hit your desired targets, especially from far away. This is just a case of finding something that really works well for you, not magic, but sometimes itís just easier to explain it that way. My buddy says ďnothing shoots like a MacdevĒ and Iíll have to agree with him on that.

Geo 4
I swapped the soft tip bolt back in, turned the SFR to 3 oíclock, and upped Dwell back to 27. Pretty much the exact opposite of what I had it on. I was just curious to see if I would like that extra soft shot better, that signature iv ďwhooshĒ, and I think Iíll shoot it like that for at least one more outing.

I was in snake corner and shooting down the wire at my mirror. We were both shooting field paint so consistency wasnít the greatest. I asked the guy after that point how close my paint was coming, and he said it was very close. Thatís such a hard shot to judge being so far away, but asking and getting that information will be useful for the next time. If I have to aim any higher and the gun will start feeling like Iím shooting a mortar cannon. Otherwise this is a pretty great gun, itís rep gives you confidence to run it a whole day or event.

Luxe X
Yes... my history with the X has been made known here. I wanted to give my gloss blue X a spin, itís been collecting a ton of dust. Still needs a Rotor to run properly. The highlight of the X was easily duplicated again, my lanes with it are exquisite, possibly second to none. I got two easy kills on the d side just dropping a water hose like lane. The consistency in these things are so nasty ( so good! )!!!

The only downfall is aiming and hitting anything close. As Iíve said before, it takes me like a day to get dialed in with the shot. I would not be confident at all gun battling close up. I had a hard time hitting any close targets before we started a point.

Thereís a possible ďquirk shotĒ once in a while too I think? One time in ramp I felt like I heard or felt the gun skip and have a misfire of sorts.

If playing an NXL style match, Iíd have a blast just hosing down a zone with this gun. Just dump near a case of paint per point and deny movement.

FLEmek w/DW hAIR valve
Very inconsistent over the chrono. Might be the hAIR valve needing to be broken in. Paint couldnít have contributed to the variation over the chrono that I saw. Iím using a Powerhouse Haymkr on all my tanks and all my guns chrono very consistent, except this one. Efficiency seemed to be worse too! I wasnít keeping an exact tab on it, but it seemed to be more thirsty then my M170R.

Highlight was snap shooting out on my left and nailing a player- so basically accuracy and ergonomics are a hit with this gun. The back cap didnít bother me like I thought it would, it didnít interfere with my aim. I was actually pretty accurate with this thing right of the bat. Needs a aftermarket trigger and tuning.

Down the pike
The 22nd and 23rd Diamond Hill Paintball is hosting a mech hyperball tournament. Corey Field is organizing and running the whole thing. Iím playing it and so Iíll be using a mech from here on out. Battling electros will help make playing a little easier I think. Wondering if my Freeflow Clutch or Adrenaline CVO will arrive before the event. Right now itís a toss up between the CVO and M170R.

Well thatís all I got for the moment. I will talk about those secret orings soon ( canít reveal what they are yet though ) and what guns I use them in. Also going to retry the Stanchy Soft tip bolt with these orings and see if that helps it.
-KC Crusaders [ woodsball and speedball ]

2020 Setup:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 3 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-Gtek M170R, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball ]
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM #2440
i need a intimidator
R.I.P Jacob Espindola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
I need a intimidator,
Hopefully you are okay with roughly the same amount of performance for all the $$ you would drop. The LV1.6 at the end of the day is going to be about the same experience with almost any other LV1, and same could be said for the Geo 4. Although the Geo 4 in itís new form is a big improvement in ergonomics. I wouldnít even bother with the Vanquish. If. Had to decide between the Geo 4 and LV1.6, Iíd probably pick the Geo 4.

What do I like in the Geo 4 over the 1.6?
-AA battery usage
-too-less grip removal
-ergonomics
Itís just an easier gun to live with imo.

What do I like in the 1.6 over the Geo 4?
-Ultra smooth and quiet shot
-itís a different experience I guess

Quick Update
Played a more leisurely day of speedball with some friends. What I brought to test and play with, and my latest impression:

-Prime XTS
Pretty amazing machine the XTS is. Lately Iíve overheard or was told directly from players around me, is that certain guns have different shots. Now we all know science proved that all of this paint flys the same when shot at the same speed, but we also sort of acknowledge that perception is hard to actually quantify but itís a legitimate experience as well. One player says he likes how the M2 shoots best because the paint on Planet Eclipse guns drop sooner for him- I straight up heard that last week. Another player who uses an LVR swears by the drop shot that helps him eliminate snake players- also heard that like two weekends ago.

The Prime XTS the way itís laid out, like the Clone 5, somehow works like magic in my hands. I guess where my paint will end up, aim, and the paint gets there. Some guns have that drop and makes guessing and then correcting harder; with the Primes itís just so easy and natural to hit your desired targets, especially from far away. This is just a case of finding something that really works well for you, not magic, but sometimes itís just easier to explain it that way. My buddy says ďnothing shoots like a MacdevĒ and Iíll have to agree with him on that.

Geo 4
I swapped the soft tip bolt back in, turned the SFR to 3 oíclock, and upped Dwell back to 27. Pretty much the exact opposite of what I had it on. I was just curious to see if I would like that extra soft shot better, that signature iv ďwhooshĒ, and I think Iíll shoot it like that for at least one more outing.

I was in snake corner and shooting down the wire at my mirror. We were both shooting field paint so consistency wasnít the greatest. I asked the guy after that point how close my paint was coming, and he said it was very close. Thatís such a hard shot to judge being so far away, but asking and getting that information will be useful for the next time. If I have to aim any higher and the gun will start feeling like Iím shooting a mortar cannon. Otherwise this is a pretty great gun, itís rep gives you confidence to run it a whole day or event.

Luxe X
Yes... my history with the X has been made known here. I wanted to give my gloss blue X a spin, itís been collecting a ton of dust. Still needs a Rotor to run properly. The highlight of the X was easily duplicated again, my lanes with it are exquisite, possibly second to none. I got two easy kills on the d side just dropping a water hose like lane. The consistency in these things are so nasty ( so good! )!!!

The only downfall is aiming and hitting anything close. As Iíve said before, it takes me like a day to get dialed in with the shot. I would not be confident at all gun battling close up. I had a hard time hitting any close targets before we started a point.

Thereís a possible ďquirk shotĒ once in a while too I think? One time in ramp I felt like I heard or felt the gun skip and have a misfire of sorts.

If playing an NXL style match, Iíd have a blast just hosing down a zone with this gun. Just dump near a case of paint per point and deny movement.

FLEmek w/DW hAIR valve
Very inconsistent over the chrono. Might be the hAIR valve needing to be broken in. Paint couldnít have contributed to the variation over the chrono that I saw. Iím using a Powerhouse Haymkr on all my tanks and all my guns chrono very consistent, except this one. Efficiency seemed to be worse too! I wasnít keeping an exact tab on it, but it seemed to be more thirsty then my M170R.

Highlight was snap shooting out on my left and nailing a player- so basically accuracy and ergonomics are a hit with this gun. The back cap didnít bother me like I thought it would, it didnít interfere with my aim. I was actually pretty accurate with this thing right of the bat. Needs a aftermarket trigger and tuning.

Down the pike
The 22nd and 23rd Diamond Hill Paintball is hosting a mech hyperball tournament. Corey Field is organizing and running the whole thing. Iím playing it and so Iíll be using a mech from here on out. Battling electros will help make playing a little easier I think. Wondering if my Freeflow Clutch or Adrenaline CVO will arrive before the event. Right now itís a toss up between the CVO and M170R.

Well thatís all I got for the moment. I will talk about those secret orings soon ( canít reveal what they are yet though ) and what guns I use them in. Also going to retry the Stanchy Soft tip bolt with these orings and see if that helps it.
Thanks Noa. Iíve been kinda tempted for a XTS. I personally know Ryan Podesta pretty well and his shop is local to me. Iíve just never owned a macdev. I shot a buddyís XTS and I didnít mind the shot, but the first thing I noticed was it had quite a bit of barrel rise. Iím not sure if it was because it was brand new or not.

-TRUST-
Italian Pride
In Loving Memory of Jacob Espindola
i need a intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM #2441
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by i need a intimidator View Post
Thanks Noa. Iíve been kinda tempted for a XTS. I personally know Ryan Podesta pretty well and his shop is local to me. Iíve just never owned a macdev. I shot a buddyís XTS and I didnít mind the shot, but the first thing I noticed was it had quite a bit of barrel rise. Iím not sure if it was because it was brand new or not.
I'm going to disagree on the barrel rise comment. There's very little moving mass, so the actual "recoil" is minimal. They just have a snappy sound due to the valve response, which I think folks end up comprehending as "kick" or something to that effect. If you just go by *feel*, it's a smooth shooter. It just doesn't have the whooshy shot sound that most associate with "smoothness."
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:31 AM #2442
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
Was just looking at the old thread and looking at the pics again. This gun needs to be made still. It has several of the design elements that I really admire in some current markers I use and really enjoy. The prototype body still looks hot and still looks like a home run in the ergos department too. Just saying.
I will take whatever flame penance is required, but here is my 2 cents on Lurker...

I gave up on Lurker a while ago after purchasing quite a few of his products. He seems to release products at random, with random quality, typically backed by a lot of hype (fan induced). He has made some really incredible products along with some well designed ones with shotty execution. Contacting him is hit or miss, but once contact is made, the customer experience is at least fairly good. I wish him the best of luck, but I would be uninterested in anything new he produces without a good season or two of thorough feedback.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:11 AM #2443
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
The Luxe X has surprisingly a good amount of barrel rise. Itís not a deal breaker but when I use my Primes, M3, Geo 4 and CS2, and then use the X, I do notice it. During the game you donít even notice it. Sunday when I did notice the first shot seeing the barrel jump up surprised me, but once the game started and the gun was working, it was never an issue.

The M3+ or s is the king in that category, the shot is very calm, almost zero barrel rise and all this continues when in ramp which makes it stand out. The Prime once broken in is very close to the M3 I think, itís really an underrated shot quality.

Iím not knowledgeable enough to comment on Lurker. Watching J4 roaring back into the sport gives me hope though.