Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 01-10-2020, 07:36 PM #43
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALVARITO View Post
Well, they should design a cheaper gun. I don't know how many guns they sold last year, but the problem is when your main/only product costs $1500.
We have been over this before. Starting on the low/mid end does not give you the margins you need to get your company off the ground.

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2020, 06:23 AM #44
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by allout2 View Post
Because when they bought Bobís company they had to put in a lot of money to get the company going into the right direction. Buying materials, bringing in extra help, Californiaís ridiculous taxes, that **** adds up.

He is saying (and correct me if Iím wrong) when a majority of your teamís money goes into buying a business you canít pay people what they probably deserve. If they had kept PE they could have saved a ton more money than what they got now and offered better pay for people to stay and build a younger roster to carry on after the older ones left.

Dynasty has basically never operated on the policy of paying large sums to players. They havent really ever done that, and owning Field One now doesn't really change that.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:54 AM #45
allout2
unsung zero

allout2 is playing at Living Legends VII
allout2 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
allout2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
allout2 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Quote:
Because when they bought Bob’s company they had to put in a lot of money to get the company going into the right direction. Buying materials, bringing in extra help, California’s ridiculous taxes, that **** adds up.

He is saying (and correct me if I’m wrong) when a majority of your team’s money goes into buying a business you can’t pay people what they probably deserve. If they had kept PE they could have saved a ton more money than what they got now and offered better pay for people to stay and build a younger roster to carry on after the older ones left.

Dynasty has basically never operated on the policy of paying large sums to players. They havent really ever done that, and owning Field One now doesn't really change that.
I know they’ve never done that. I’m just explaining why they are even more strapped for cash now compared to back then. They were able to pay a little money, but nothing extravagant and certainly more than probably now. All the dynasty guys have/had jobs outside of paintball. I know the OG players have stake in FO, but others still have to rely on their real jobs for a living. Anyone who thinks any players get a ton of money are very wrong.
allout2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:24 AM #46
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
I know theyíve never done that. Iím just explaining why they are even more strapped for cash now compared to back then. They were able to pay a little money, but nothing extravagant and certainly more than probably now. All the dynasty guys have/had jobs outside of paintball. I know the OG players have stake in FO, but others still have to rely on their real jobs for a living. Anyone who thinks any players get a ton of money are very wrong.
For sure. The allure of winning events always has seemed to be the driving factor that sends players to Dynasty. Thats why I question going forward how successful that ideal will be since they don't really win anything anymore.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:12 AM #47
BIGCAN-RULES
#UNDR #ACPB #HK

BIGCAN-RULES supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
For sure. The allure of winning events always has seemed to be the driving factor that sends players to Dynasty. Thats why I question going forward how successful that ideal will be since they don't really win anything anymore.
Agreed, they are like the Patriots of Paintball. Although they do need another victory or two to re-emphasize that allure to paintball world.

Players accept less to play with the best
Old 01-26-2020, 11:28 AM #48
Jens

A lot of unexpected moves, I‘m wondering what team will pick him up...maybe really Ironmen since Goulding will take a break this year (rumours)..
Jens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:48 PM #49
_tamer_

plays in the NXL
_tamer_ owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
_tamer_ plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens View Post
A lot of unexpected moves, IĎm wondering what team will pick him up...maybe really Ironmen since Goulding will take a break this year (rumours)..
he didn't leave Dynasty to go play with another team. he left to focus on his personal life/career... again
Im sure if/when he comes back, he'll be back in a dragon jersey.
_tamer_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:56 PM #50
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tamer_ View Post
Quote:
A lot of unexpected moves, I‘m wondering what team will pick him up...maybe really Ironmen since Goulding will take a break this year (rumours)..
he didn't leave Dynasty to go play with another team. he left to focus on his personal life/career... again [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pbnation.com/images/smilies/dodgy.gif[/IMG]
Im sure if/when he comes back, he'll be back in a dragon jersey.
I agree with your first part but not your second part. The only guys dynasty really lets leave and come back over and over again are Dalton and Oliver. I do agree though, that him playing pro in the states right now is kinda skeptical by looking at his music career.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:12 AM #51
Jens

Quote:
A lot of unexpected moves, IĎm wondering what team will pick him up...maybe really Ironmen since Goulding will take a break this year (rumours)..
I like to quote myself a bit
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=6006667
Jens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:06 AM #52
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
He’s on Ironmen now.

Got an email from Dye announcing it.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.