Old 02-05-2020, 07:26 PM #1
Jason(FK)
Professional Athlete

Annual Supporting Member
Jason(FK) is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jason(FK) is a Professional paintball player
🚨NEW PRODUCT ALERT🚨Bunkerkings ESC Pods Optimized For Strapless Packs

🚨NEW PRODUCT ALERT🚨 - ESC PODS Designed for Strapless Packs (and strapped packs too!)

The 140 round Bunkerkings ESC pod is perfect for strapless and strapped packs alike. The ESC pod fits securely into your pack, ejects smoothly when you pull it, and most importantly, prevent lids from accidentally opening. Each package includes eight ESC pods.

Don't waste money on expensive lock lids that fail over time, and stop losing costly paint and missed shot opportunities on the field because you trusted in a cheap budget pod.

First, a dirty little secret for all strapless pack users is even though pods rarely fall out (of Bunkerkings strapless packs that is, other brands drop pods like they're going out of style), the most critical failure point is not the pack, but the pod lid. On all other pods, except for the ESC pod, the flared neck and protruded lid tabs bump into each other. This inevitably causes paint to pour out your backside at all the wrong moments (awkward...). The older the pod (yes, we're talking about that 15-year old classic you've been carrying around) the weaker the snap on the lid.

Not so with the ESC Pod. The ESC lid and pod geometry eliminate the flared edges and most importantly recess the lid into a wide thumb groove that won't get opened accidentally from other pods, while diving, from branches, and so on.

Plus, the ESC pod features a tapered geometry to gently increases pack friction as you load it in. This tapered geometry holds securely place while helping "ramp" the pod out when you pull it during gameplay.

But what if you don't use strapless packs? Well, time to reconsider thanks to the ESC Pod; but even so, all these paint-saving features apply to pods used in the elastic loops as well. And they work just as smoothly in your strapped packs.

Each ESC also pod comes with a foam cushion on the lid that protects your paint and reduces rattling noise from loosely packed and settled paint. The pod body is semi-transparent and constructed from high-quality plastic that will withstand most abuse. But let's face it, it's a pod that you're just as likely to lose or get stolen before it breaks, so we kept the cost to a minimum and packaged them in an 8-pack.

FEATURES
  • Strapless Pack Optimized
  • No-Spill Lid
  • Wide, Recessed Thumb Grip
  • Paint Cushion, "Silent Running" Lid
  • Tapered Retention & Ejection Geometry
  • Fits all Packs, Strapped or Strapless
  • Dust Coated Texture Grip

Tampa Bay Damage #13

Bunkerkings Brand Manager
Bunkerkings USA / Bunkerkings Europe

Facebook Athlete Page
Jason "FK" Edwards #13

Last edited by Jason(FK) : 02-05-2020 at 07:32 PM.
Jason(FK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2020, 07:38 PM #2
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
John owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
That's a good name.

And agreed, I don't use a strapless pack all the time because I hate when my pod dumps paint.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 07:40 PM #3
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason(FK) View Post
...yes, we're talking about that 15-year old classic you've been carrying around...
It's like you've seen into my gear bag. I have three Syn Shock Pods (among other vintage pods) I've been running around with forever. Really like the pad on the lid on those, and I like seeing that little feature show up again on a pod. Might have to splurge on a pack of these pods, even though it violates Paintball Player Commandment #6, Thou shalt never buy new pods, that's for other people to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
That's a good name.
WOW... can't believe I didn't catch that. That's hilarious!!!

Last edited by Pump Scout : 02-05-2020 at 08:02 PM.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:03 PM #4
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Seems like a well designed Pod.

I like the Paint Pad in the lid, found some old Toxic Shock Pads for my Pods that I use but I’m sure this is way better lol.

Are any of the colors see through/transparent?
Old 02-05-2020, 11:52 PM #5
BlcK-

This podpack looks awesome, i’m definitely getting one. I am due for a new pack!😂
BlcK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:38 AM #6
Harrison57

Harrison57 owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
Harrison57 supports Team VICIOUS
Harrison57 supports Team VICIOUS
Harrison57 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Seems like a well designed Pod.

I like the Paint Pad in the lid, found some old Toxic Shock Pads for my Pods that I use but I’m sure this is way better lol.

Are any of the colors see through/transparent?
Looks like they are all semi-transparent.

Might convert to the strapless pack and pick up an 8-pack of these
Harrison57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:22 AM #7
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

dualimpact helped look for balloons
 is playing at Dead Legends
dualimpact owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
dualimpact supports DLX Technology
dualimpact supports Ninja Paintball
Looks interesting I like that it is textured and the foam, but a lot of bold claims.

I have angel pods from 15 years ago with a thumb groove. They don't bump in my non bk brand strapless pack that I have never had a pod fall out of.
dualimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:43 AM #8
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison57 View Post
Looks like they are all semi-transparent.

Might convert to the strapless pack and pick up an 8-pack of these
Yeah, I didn’t watch the video lol...

They are all semi-transparent, but not enough to see if there is broken Paint inside or anything.

The “Clear” or lightest Grey colored ones pictured above would probably be the most transparent.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:33 AM #9
Wokaloo

Wokaloo is a Supporting Member
This is def on my list now. I have two brand new strapless packs that I’ve been too cowardly to use for fear of dumping paint.

HeadCheckPaintball.com
My Feedback
"your heart rotts when you suck at something you love" - paul everett
Wokaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:58 PM #10
fishballer06
ShockerRepair

fishballer06 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
fishballer06 supports Shocker RSX
This look like they literally took the Base pods and changed the molding to BK branding.

That being said, the Base pods were marketed as the same thing. I've still got 3/4 of a case of them sitting here at the shop because they're so large that they're nearly impossible to pull out of any pod pack, including strapless one's like the BK and HK one's.
Old 02-06-2020, 04:27 PM #11
VPB-ChristianW
Virtue Paintball

VPB-ChristianW works for a Paintball manufacturer
VPB-ChristianW donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishballer06 View Post
This look like they literally took the Base pods and changed the molding to BK branding.

That being said, the Base pods were marketed as the same thing. I've still got 3/4 of a case of them sitting here at the shop because they're so large that they're nearly impossible to pull out of any pod pack, including strapless one's like the BK and HK one's.
Huh... The base pods were not marketed as the same thing. The base pods were marketed as a flat sided pod that holds more paint with the foamie lid. I don't ever recall marketing they were best for strapless packs, but certainly the lid was pretty decent on them so it was less likely to open.

On the ESC there's three things which no other pod as all together, two of which are entirely unique:

1st the neck is less flared on these than other pods (including the base pod). This is unique and huge. Even though it's a subtle change you might not even see. When you dive, move, squat, whatever your pack flexes around and those pods move more than the 1/4" it takes to get the lids to bump into each other. On every other pod, that puts the tabs rubbing into each other, rubbing into hinges, etc. and combine with the fact that the lid is usually not very grippy, it can pop open easy.

2nd - also unique, but a minor player in the overall benefit, is the tapered edge on both sides. Most pods are tapered (except PF pods), but this adds a thin amount of material to both sides of the pod that tapers out as you get to the bottom of the pod. This just holds in tighter in the holsters and the loops. That's a relatively minor benefit because you almost never see a pod fall out of a BK pod holster, but pods can fall out of loops everywhere, so this will help a little bit there. Still it does help grab in tighter and pull out easier.

3rd - and some pods have this to certain degrees, but not the same, and certainly not in combination with #1 above, which is crucial -- the recessed flip lid, without a tab sticking out. Those tabs again get caught easier on things and dump paint.

And the vast majority of pods we see people using in strapless packs have the tab. And they all have the flared neck. Nothing is perfect, and it's in the end just a pod, but the cost of a lost pod of paint is equal to the cost of one of these pods so from that perspective it makes sense alone. Let alone the actual benefit of losing the enjoyment/advantage/game you're really paying for of shooting that pod of paint that's now spilled on the ground.

Incidentally, if you want the base pods to fit in your pack, just leave them in there for a couple days. It's still a snug fit, not too hard to pull out. Also, since it has a flat edge, just rotate it so the edge is inline with your body if you want it to fit as loose as possible (but still won't fall out).

facebook.com/virtuepb.us

Last edited by VPB-ChristianW : 02-06-2020 at 04:32 PM.
VPB-ChristianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:42 PM #12
RFP Professor

Trademygun.com's cheap pods stay closed very well. They're a buck each, they might be good for strapless packs. I'm never going to find out though, strapless packs just haven't worked out well for me in aggressive scenario-game play.
RFP Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:01 PM #13
d33p

So basically a copy of the best pods ever made....Angel FAT BOY pods. Or the more recent DYE Alpha pods?
d33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:11 PM #14
d33p

$27 for 8 pods isnt a terrible price. For sure they are better than the cheapo $1 pods.

My FAT BOYS have lasted for 10 years and havent broken a single one or had one open up by accident. Good pods are worth the money unless you are losing em all the time.
d33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:19 PM #15
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
yeah... and that's why i don't buy strapless packs.
VETERAN MILITIA
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:24 PM #16
paintballcapt062
Dr. Logic

plays in the NXL
paintballcapt062 plays in the MiLP
paintballcapt062 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballcapt062 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FK, let me coach on reading from a script when talking in a video.

I love the product and the idea behind this and feel that BK and Virtue are heading in the right direction. Are these pods made out of the same plastic material as other pods or more like the virtue pods?
SUPPORTED BY: Nitro Paintball Virtue Paintball
#1 In the Timmy Propst Fan Club
paintballcapt062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:28 PM #17
VPB-ChristianW
Virtue Paintball

VPB-ChristianW works for a Paintball manufacturer
VPB-ChristianW donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballcapt062 View Post
FK, let me coach on reading from a script when talking in a video.
Are these pods made out of the same plastic material as other pods or more like the virtue pods?
Pay no attention to the script behind the curtain! Hah. This was the best out of... I think 10 takes...heh. I'm sure Jason wouldn't turn down a free coach though

I can't really speak what all the other pods are made out of. Some I've seen are down right junk. But this material not like the Virtue pods. The Virtue pod has more flex, and the ESC is more solid (but not brittle feeling).

facebook.com/virtuepb.us
VPB-ChristianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:34 PM #18
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

Annual Supporting Member
BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFP Professor View Post
Trademygun.com's cheap pods stay closed very well. They're a buck each, they might be good for strapless packs. I'm never going to find out though, strapless packs just haven't worked out well for me in aggressive scenario-game play.

As someone who bought a case of these things, let me tell you. They were bar none the worst pods I have ever used. They held paint real well because they were next to impossible to open. I had to dremmel the lips on the lid of every single pod to make them usable.

They were also brittle and would break often.

A year later they are all gone (not from theft, I pick my pods up).

I would never repeat that experience.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:27 PM #19
hth_1
Another Canadian

plays in the NXL
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
hth_1 supports Ninja Paintball
Definitely a solid price, doesn’t beat the dollar pods in price. On the other hand I’ve had quite the ordeal with some of those dollar pods, the lids wouldn’t stay shut kinda issue
-Phantoms
hth_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:52 PM #20
Clues

Clues owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'm just disappointed there isn't a purple option for my royal cake fly pack...
Clues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:21 PM #21
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever

Blackrain7557 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Blackrain7557 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJoker View Post
As someone who bought a case of these things, let me tell you. They were bar none the worst pods I have ever used. They held paint real well because they were next to impossible to open. I had to dremmel the lips on the lid of every single pod to make them usable.
Had the same experience with one, thought a teammate was joking when he said they couldn't be opened. Definitely out of spec or something like that.
Blackrain7557 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.