Old 12-19-2019, 04:31 PM #1
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
John owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Lightbulb Planet Eclipse Christmas Giveaway: UPDATED with winner!

Final Update 2/9/2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhianonmat View Post
Sorry for the delay in posting about being chosen as the recipient of the Jack Wood's personal custom anodized 1 off Gtek 160R, Virtue Spire 3, and the Powerhouse Competition Reg with an Aerolite HKArmy tank as well. I wanted to wait until everything came in at once so that I could include the proper thanks and photos of all this greatness you guys blessed me with. Thank you to the folks at Planet Eclipse and Jack Wood for being so generous and giving away this awesome 1 of 1 Gtek. I have always been a fan of Planet Eclipse products but now it’s not just because of their awesome guns but because of how they go above and beyond for the paintball community. Thank you to the great people at Virtue for jumping in adding in a Virtue Spire 3 to make sure I would have a reliable way to throw mass amounts of paint down range. A very personal thank you has to go out to Powerhouse. The week I received the news that I was chosen I got a call from them asking me what size tank I would like with the regulator as well. Who knew that it turns out I was playing in some of the same events with my new friend way back in 2000. This week the tank comes in and again my phones caller ID lights up “Powerhouse” and now I have a personal one on one walking me thru how to adjust everything on the reg to my personal set up. In this day and age what company goes that far for someone that didn’t even purchase the item from them? Powerhouse is who that’s who. Last but certainly not the least because without them none of this would have been possible I want to thank PBNation for helping put all of this together. PBNation has shown commitment and support to the game of paintball, the teams, the leagues, the companies, and to the players year after year. Year after year PBNation has brought us together to help those in need. They were there when Chris lasoya was hospitalized from a fire. PBnations was there when Colt Roberts house burned down. When the community needed a beacon to guide it to where help has been needed PBNation has been there to be that beacon. This year they shined the light on me and gave me something worth more than just great gear and a way to return to the game. They helped to give me back that feeling deep down inside of brotherhood, family, and that feeling of a shared bond for love of the game. Thank you to all and I will wave to you as I send you to the dead box.

Jason Matthews
virtuepb.com
planeteclipse.com
powerhouseregs.com

Update for 12/26/19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtuePaintballMike View Post
This is awesome guys! I'm happy to donate a new Spire III to whoever ends up getting the gun. Pay it Forward!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
These kinds of things are what makes the paintball community a great thing to be a part of!

We spoke with the crew at Planet Eclipse and all of us at Powerhouse would like to donate a tank (size to be determined later by recipient) and a brand new HAYMKR 500 or 500L to the winner.

Best of luck to all those vying for this great campaign!
WOW! Thanks to Planet Eclipse, Virtue and Powerhouse it looks like we have an awesome setup to give away?

I think we should leave it open until the end of 2019 and choose a winner to start the new year off right?

Now who deserves it?

END UPDATE - Original Post below:

Planet Eclipse wants to bring some Christmas cheer to someone who could use it. The problem is, Planet needs your help to find them!

Do you know of a deserving soul who doesn't currently have a Paintball marker and would actually use one? Please take a minute to post here about them! Let us know what makes them great or why they have found themselves gunless.

Jack Wood's personal custom anodized 1 off Gtek 160R is currently sitting unused at Planet Eclipse HQ and they want it to go to a good home. Do you know a baller that is down on his luck, had his marker destroyed in a house fire, lost in a tornado, run over by a tank, stolen by aliens or otherwise lost in an unlikely, unfortunate event? Someone who is a great guy (or gal) who legitimately deserves some surprise Christmas cheer?

Jack will clean it before shipping!

The only rule (that we obviously can’t enforce, but we would hope the winner does the right thing) is that when they get back on their feet again the winner then passes on the marker to another deserving soul in the Paintball community to give them a leg up.

Additionally, if you see somone in the thread whom you personally want to help, feel free to message the person who posted. But mostly we want to find a good home for a unique gun and this is your chance to spread some Christmas cheers to one deserving player. Let us know if you know someone who would love it. There are no real rules or guidelines to this. Planet Eclipse just wanted to do something nice and figured the amazing PBNation community could help crowdsource a new, worthy, home for this special one-off Planet Eclipse Custom GTEK 160R.

Let us know the stories of that special person that is down on their luck and let's make their Christmas a special one.

Fun fact, this was one of the guns used in this video:

Last edited by John : 02-09-2020 at 09:15 PM.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2019, 04:58 PM #2
Kazer

has been a member for 10 years
Kazer is playing at Living Legends VIII
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Trevor_the_great needs it!
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:36 PM #3
The-Mangler
The man with a plan.

Brent Basker is a guy who works for me and through the ringer and once played a whole scenario on a broken leg, please upgrade his tippmann!
The-Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:45 PM #4
hailstormjman

hailstormjman plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
hailstormjman plays in the APPA D3 division
My teammate is very down on his luck and would love to have him play for my team next season, but is facing very expensive surgery for his pup. He just had to sell his pb gear and if he won, it would be enormously helpful to get him back on the field. More on it here: https://www.facebook.com/chas.lessig...56637141311551

We're also running a go fund me to help him fund the surgery and it's almost at goal! If anyone is feeling generous and wants to help a good human and his poor pup you can find the go fund me here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-for-charisma
hailstormjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:26 PM #5
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
This is awesome! What an opportunity for a deserving person!

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:05 PM #6
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazer View Post
Trevor_the_great needs it!
dude just need a big hug, really.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:35 PM #7
Casey Baria

My buddy Kamrin loves paintball, and currently got his Shocker Rsx Stolen at a scenario game, and we weren't able to figure out who it was, Kam was heartbroken over the whole situation, he isn't able to afford another gun because he is currently unemployed trying to make some money for college and the rsx was a gift from last year to him. Team tryouts for Team Hostility are coming up soon and I would love to get my boy back on the field, with a gun he can tryout with! Kam is also such a giving person, he misses the field and at one scenario game he won a raffel for a new Tipmann Chronus and gave it to a little kid that didnt have his own gun, long story short, the kid was out there the next weekend having a blast!
I think this is so cool that you guys are doing this!! Thanks Planet

Last edited by Casey Baria : 12-19-2019 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Wanted to add in more about Kamrin
Casey Baria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:37 PM #8
[email protected]

I’ve never seen a more deserving soul then my buddy Tyler who doesn’t have any form of social media. He was left at a young age by his parents and has had a rough life. He tries to afford paintball every weekend and I end up usually having to pay for him but his efforts and appreciation is like nothing I’ve ever seen before. He currently uses a sling shot and a nerf sword in woods and uses my mini gs backup for speed ball. He would put this marker to serious use every weekend, and would hand it down to lower players just to be able to use his sling shot and sword for a round. Most amazing and heart felt player and guy I know! No one else deserves more then him!
sdellisola@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:40 PM #9
Twaltz628
n00b for 8 yrs & counting

Twaltz628 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 supports Ninja Paintball
Twaltz628 supports Empire
We have a guy at our local field, Wolf Davis. This is an awesome dude. For years, he always shown the new guys the ropes and will often give them a gun to play for the day and teach them. Even more amazing, every other month or so, Wolf will simply buy a gun off the wall of the shop and give it away to the youngest player that doesn't have their own gear. He's probably 60 or so and has a bum knee, but is still out at the field at least once a month because of his love of the sport and desire to grow it thg o the next generation of players. Unfortunately, Wolf announced about 2 months ago he has Cancer. This last weekend is the first big game I can remember not seeing him out at the field, as he's not doing well.
The thing is, if Wolf were to get a free gun, I think he is more likely to give it to a new player, just to see them smile.

Anyway, Thanks for listening Planet.

Last edited by Twaltz628 : 12-19-2019 at 09:48 PM.
Twaltz628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:47 PM #10
MorganRandich

My high school sweetheart Robert and I have been together 8 years and are going on 4 years of being married and just welcomed our new baby boy, Hudson in August, my husband sold his paintball gear to help pay for our medical bills, I wasnt able to work for a while due to complications with my delivery and with going back to nursing school in January he will be the sole provider for a while. He has the biggest heart of anyone I know and hes the best husband and father to our baby. Paintball is his passion and I know he would play everyday if he could. But hes giving up something hes so passionate in order to help his family, he is so selfless and always puts others first. He is the most deserving person, and I know if he were to win he would be able to get back into something he loves and something that makes him, him. Please consider us! ❤️
MorganRandich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 04:18 AM #11
margauxu

Hi! After reading this post, there's no one better than to nominate than my best of friends (& now boyfriend) - He truly demonstrates his passion for paintball on and off the field, especially when he used to play with paintball revolution. He's played for years but as we grew older, we've been balancing college and work but paintball has never left his mind (especially when his last marker got stolen from a trusted teammate). It's been months since he's been back playing, but the last time I was able to watch him teach his love for PB to his nephews and brothers; this was able to show me his influence on them and how much of an impact this sport has had throughout his life. He has a the most genuine soul and I'm sure he would appreciate a new marker this xmas! I've never seen him happier playing or talking about PB & I'd love to watch him play back on the field with his little ones!

After all the memories and experiences, I know that he can, too, share the love of PB to someone to that truly deserves it. Please grant us this opportunity!

Last edited by margauxu : 12-20-2019 at 11:57 AM.
margauxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:17 AM #12
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
This is awesome! What an opportunity for a deserving person!
You may have played a small part in getting our butts into gear and doing this... Thank you for YOUR generosity to the community, Papa
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:20 AM #13
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
You may have played a small part in getting our butts into gear and doing this... Thank you for YOUR generosity to the community, Papa
Thanks Jack. Thant means a lot, thank you, Sir.

There are some real good entries above, Im excited to see whats next.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:18 AM #14
linal1ty

linal1ty owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
linal1ty owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I would like to take the time to tell you about my friend.

He volunteers as the daily manager at the local paintball field and has been for years now. He spends a lot of time down there alone, because people love to play but don't want to spend there time making it possible. Since he doesn't have a car he will walk for 45minutes each way multiple times a week. He shows up for every rental, and every open field and always try to help the new kids out. Every time someone shows interest inn paintball he spends his time trying to get them good deal on equipment or let them borrow his. Since the field wants to give the most amount of people the ability to play by keeping the prices down the field isn't always doing so good so he often end up taking some out of pocket expenses to keep it aflote. Since he is a volunteer he doesn't get paid yet I have never heard him complain about it.

He also works with the other fields in the region to arrange local tournaments to give more people the opportunity to play tournaments. Since the national ones are quite far away and can be to expensive for many.

Sadly he is in a bit of a difficulty financial situation after a major accident that has left him with disabilitys. This has left him with out a marker. And he has been without for quite a while, yet he still shows up every weekend to make it possible for everyone else to play even tho he can't. He has never played paintball to be the best but to have funn and for the community. I would love to see him being able to get back out on the field he has worked so hard to keep afloat for so may years.

Last edited by linal1ty : 12-20-2019 at 09:37 AM.
linal1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:37 AM #15
WarpedGreg
Watch. Learn. Win.

Annual Supporting Member
WarpedGreg is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
WarpedGreg posts videos on PbNation
WarpedGreg has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Such a cool thing to do!

Florida Atlantic University Alumni
WarpedGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:59 AM #16
exportA

exportA owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
exportA owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
exportA supports Ninja Paintball
Really cool idea, just hope it goes to the right person and not some fabricated story, " my friend has no social media no way of proving he's a person but he deserves it" type thing
exportA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 11:51 AM #17
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Me!

I lost all of mine when I felled on the Ocean.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:59 AM #18
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
John owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
So you know what this reminds me of?

Does anyone else remember the Christmas Ego?
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:41 PM #19
Kazer

Kazer is playing at Living Legends VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post

Paging MarkParris
Also Nicky T
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:48 PM #20
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

oldmanian is a Supporting Member
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
oldmanian supports Bob Gurnsey
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post

I certainly do.

This is a great thing that should go to a great and deserving person. Fortunately, all of the folks I know are squared away on their gear (or just know me and borrow as needed.)

Good luck to those trying to get their hands on this thing. Always loved the looks of this anno.
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."
"Originally posted by aarospoon13: Dodgy gauntlets are OP."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 01:09 PM #21
Lovetherush09

New Dad down on his luck

I know the perfect hands for this!
This man just had his first son this year and is an AMAZING FATHER! His birthday falls on Christmas and being a new dad, gifts for himself arent likely happening. I would LOVE for him to receive this!! He works hard every single day and comes home to us, asking him to do more. Id love for him to be able to get back on the field again, where he can feel at home again. He lost a lot of his things in a storage unit that become less prioritized when his son was born. He truly needs a break! Please consider him for this awesome gift!! 💜💜💜
Thanks for reading!
H.
Lovetherush09 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.