JOESPUD27
Merc

has been a member for 10 years
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_eller View Post
"Optional" spring ramps? Come on, guys, I thought you'd figured it out with the Spire III, nobody wants to buy a high-end hopper and then have to fork out more for extra parts to make it work properly. I understand the IR not having them out of the box, it's a budget hopper, but not your new flagship model.

I'm tempted, but even at the introductory price, with all the upgrades and shipping I'm still looking at $250+, putting it in the same price as a Spire III + speedfeed bought locally.
Yep, hard pass.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2019, 09:55 PM #23
SpinE
AlcoholicBeverageHandler

plays in the NXL
SpinE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SpinE supports DLX Technology
SpinE supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I thought the CMD was cheapest through the pre-release?
$10 difference
SpinE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:00 PM #24
Jason(FK)
Professional Athlete

Annual Supporting Member
Jason(FK) is a Supporting Member
Jason(FK) is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainingbrass View Post
I wanna see a shooting video on a cvo with someone like Rios ripping on it before I commit. Otherwise I’ll rock my V1 rotor lol.
I used it in the Iron City Classic and ICPL in Florida. Not sure if I shoot as fast as Rios haha but I definitely Fan that trigger when needed. I’ll try to see if I have a video, if not I’ll make one for you.
Tampa Bay Damage #13

Bunkerkings Brand Manager
Bunkerkings USA / Bunkerkings Europe

Facebook Athlete Page
Jason "FK" Edwards #13
Jason(FK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:29 PM #25
SayLengJai

SayLengJai owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
SayLengJai owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
SayLengJai supports Ninja Paintball
no "high capacity"?
SayLengJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 12:34 AM #26
lawf

looks great, would definitely use one but there is nothing wrong with my Spire IR, does everything i could want a loader to do.
lawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 12:38 AM #27
Lazzrus

I got in on the CMD prerelease and am glad I did. Fantastic set of head gear. If what Jason says is true about it working well with a CVO then I am definitely on board.
Lazzrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 12:49 AM #28
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
The leveler is a neat idea if it works as advertised. I am a bit skeptical as there are a lot of factors to the equation of getting a proper angle at this distance (barrel length, velocity, paintball itself), but I will reserve judgement until I can check one out.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 02:10 AM #29
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
The leveler is a neat idea if it works as advertised. I am a bit skeptical as there are a lot of factors to the equation of getting a proper angle at this distance (barrel length, velocity, paintball itself), but I will reserve judgement until I can check one out.
the indicator seems to me to show "roll" or "bank". It doesn't see to indicate "pitch" or "up/down". I really don't understand what the angle indicator is showing.

If it is trying to show the pitch that all depends on where the back corner is, velocity of the paint, wind effects, barrel length.
VETERAN MILITIA

Last edited by soccerguy243 : 11-02-2019 at 02:12 AM.
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 02:26 AM #30
MoogLe
Life = Piece of cheese

MoogLe plays in the PSP
MoogLe owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
MoogLe plays in the APPA D4 division
MoogLe supports Ninja Paintball
So its a stripped down spire 3 with a gimmick added on. That tilting thing looks absolutely useless IMO

Other than the additional ramp in the tray which is optional, I'm really not seeing any real benefits over a spire 3, I wonder if the spire 3 price will drop after this is released

Last edited by MoogLe : 11-02-2019 at 01:58 PM.
MoogLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:46 AM #31
Mr.JimJims2.0
G.O.O.D

Mr.JimJims2.0 plays in the PSP
Mr.JimJims2.0 plays in the APPA D4 division
Was really hoping this would have been force fed

NCC!
Mr.JimJims2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:48 AM #32
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
No thanks I’ll pass...

Add all of the upgrades and it’s still not as good and more expensive than a TFX 2.

The “Range Guage” is kinda pointless, and it looks like you might have to set it up every time if you are playing different length fields or even different positions on the same field...

Since everyone complained that a loader with a Chrono would be too expensive, we instead get basically a smaller Spire with more gimmicks.

At least the Chrono would have been useful.

I suppose they could still release this with a Chrono and be ~$250, since they can sell Clocks for $100 on sale...
Old 11-02-2019, 06:09 AM #33
Vissa

That Angle nonsense put me off. I'll keep my Spire 3.

Ditch that angle indicator. No one is going to use that, just like a reload indicator on the R2/Spire, also pointless. Hopper has got to feed paint, be small, light, easy to use, no fancy gimmicks on it further.
Vissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:38 AM #34
Redsst

Redsst is a Supporting Member
Agree that the angle thing is useless, but I'll buy it due to the reduced size and weight. Smaller and - most importantly - lighter than any other top-of-the-line hopper.
Redsst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:22 AM #35
Dr Furtrix

is playing at Living Legends XI
I want more info on the meat and potatoes before making any decisions. How does the primary loading feature of the loader actually work? how many balls does it really hold? How fast will it feed?

Breakdown looks awesome, it's very lightweight, and the speedfeed looks interesting.

If it's a smaller, lighter spire 3 without bluetooth or a gyro, isn't it more comparable at that point to the IR? In that case for $50-$60 more you get one ramp, magnetic teardown, programming options, and upgrade opportunity. That's not a bad value proposotion.
Dr Furtrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 09:54 AM #36
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

Perfectly balanced? I don't know. I think the HK/Pinokio Speed is the only perfectly balanced loader out there. You can fill it with paint, and stand it upright on a table on it's feedneck, and it won't fall over.
Joshua 24:15
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

~PROUD member of the NRA~
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:05 AM #37
CAOL_98
Blessed by grace!

CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CAOL_98 supports Ninja Paintball
The angle indicator is supposed to be used as a practice tool from what I gather...kind of like dye breakout drills and virtue redefined board drills.
I do really like some of the added magnetic breakdown features! That ought to make servicing the loader a great! I also like the dual ramps...the smaller ramp at the stearn seems pretty handy. I am also very curious to see the balance...I loved that about my speed but I didnít like the size of my speed or the fact that after the second time I took it out my friction lid cracked and broke (pinokio quickly went me a new one...but it left a bad taste). People always thought it looked stupid but their expression changed when they held it in hand full of paint on a gun...such a great feel when your setup is balanced out. So if I can get the benefits of a spire 3 with that balance Iím pretty much all for this loader. Also want to try the speed-feed...I love my sf and if itís just as reactive with softer arms that are even more reliable...also count me in!
Good stuff again from Bunker Kings in my opinion!

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:12 AM #38
mkupchyk
I make my own future

mkupchyk is BST Legit
mkupchyk owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
mkupchyk supports Pev's Paintball
mkupchyk supports DLX Technology
mkupchyk supports Ninja Paintball
mkupchyk owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Most likely people will be selling them on the BST forum for 150 in a few months; may grab one then.
mkupchyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 12:43 PM #39
ReDzY
PRO.MODE

Speedfeed and Ramps should, without question, be standard on $200+ loaders. Nonsense that it isn't...

OLD SCHOOL FEEDBACK (28+/0-)
ReDzY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:46 PM #40
VPB-ChristianW
Virtue Paintball

VPB-ChristianW works for a Paintball manufacturer
VPB-ChristianW donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkupchyk View Post
Most likely people will be selling them on the BST forum for 150 in a few months; may grab one then.
Out of curiosity, I checked the BST and there's two used CMDs selling that are going on a year since the launch and one is selling for 25% over the Kickstarter price and another is selling for about twice that (with a used lens and used goggle case).

I double checked the BK crowd funding on the CTRL and it looks like you can get CTRLs for 125, 135, 150,160,etc depending on color, quantity etc. but brand new, so maybe I'm just missing it, but why wait assume you can buy a used one when you can buy a new one for the same or cheaper?

Definitely I've been thrilled with every prototype I've used the entire developing process with Jason and others. There hasn't ever been a loader used this much in so many professional games before being launched that I know of. No need to wait and see, but of course if you need to save up or have no need right now, I hear ya!

facebook.com/virtuepb.us
VPB-ChristianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:25 PM #41
Lazzrus

Christian or Jason. My biggest concern is that I see the same guts with the exception of a second ramp inside as the Spire. I have a Spire already that I like and works fine with my autococker. I would like to have a virtue loader to use with my CVO. However if the CTRL has the same guts as the Spire I don't see it working with a CVO any better than the Spire. I didn't hesitate at all to get the CMD and have been MORE than happy with that purchase. Until I see it perform with a CVO, I will hold off purchasing this one.
Lazzrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:42 PM #42
Jason(FK)
Professional Athlete

Annual Supporting Member
Jason(FK) is a Supporting Member
Jason(FK) is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Southern_Oracle View Post
I see CNQR on the kick start page for hopper whats that all about?
Guess you'll just have to wait and see what other awesome stuff we have in the works ;-)
Tampa Bay Damage #13

Bunkerkings Brand Manager
Bunkerkings USA / Bunkerkings Europe

Facebook Athlete Page
Jason "FK" Edwards #13
Jason(FK) is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.