Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
John owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE818 View Post
Very true. I think sometimes it depends on how long the paints been sitting.
My experience has been that time is less of a factor than weather and storage conditions. Paint stored too cold or too hot doesn't work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leaf4life View Post
No one really is asking any questions, what definitive questions do you want answered? I'll say the one flaw we have as a company is communication. I had no idea that these new boxes were being released as well as the information on the DXS formulation.

Most of what happened in here is people complaining about how they've had bad experiences with GI paint and that's just no good. If I had a say, I would not of wanted the release of this ad on Pbn. I could of created a list of people, their Pbn names as least, of who would just come in here and <del>****</del> on the brand. The same usual suspects so to speak. Any who it is what it is.
Any of us that have played long enough, have had bad paint experiences. The nature of this product release owns up to that. Unfortunately, perception is the overall quality of paint across the industry has gone down. However, so has the price. Paint is cheaper than ever because that's what the customer demanded. However, I think the customer really wants paint that shoots straight and breaks. I am hoping this is a happy medium.

Nick - if you're going to do any kind of customer service job well, you can't write off detractors. The nature of the customer service beast is that you won't deal with happy people. But how you deal with them will determine how they feel about your company. You'll find that passionate people who are willing to give you feedback can be your best ally. Do research. Be an expert. Answer questions honestly and strive to win them over. It's a long game but one you can win.

Quote:
Have a question... ask away.
When is the new paint available? If it's in the new boxes, is it the new stuff? What's changed (in layman's terms)?
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2017, 12:27 PM #65
koolguysk8r14

has been a member for 10 years
koolguysk8r14 is a Professional paintball player
koolguysk8r14 plays in the PSP
I heard they've been testing the new formula (specifically on some new runs of marbs), that opie has been at the factory testing it, and it will definitely be at nxl vegas.
koolguysk8r14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:36 PM #66
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
I'll be shooting this in the tournament series my squad is playing this year so I hope it is improved. The 4 Star I shot last year for one event was pretty good IMO.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:36 PM #67
DanR
Stock Luxe 1.0

DanR plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
DanR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DanR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DanR is an NCPA player
DanR supports DLX Technology
Happy to see you guys using the draxxus formula, some of the best paint I've personally ever shot.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:54 PM #68
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

4leaf4life is a founding member
4leaf4life is a Professional paintball player
4leaf4life works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post

Nick - if you're going to do any kind of customer service job well, you can't write off detractors. The nature of the customer service beast is that you won't deal with happy people. But how you deal with them will determine how they feel about your company. You'll find that passionate people who are willing to give you feedback can be your best ally. Do research. Be an expert. Answer questions honestly and strive to win them over. It's a long game but one you can win.

When is the new paint available? If it's in the new boxes, is it the new stuff? What's changed (in layman's terms)?
I'm not writing anyone off. You're the passionate one I want to hear from

I realize that you cannot make everyone happy and will not. It's just the way it is. I'm not looking to win here, just be the voice on the other side of the coin.

I am currently waiting for confirmation on when the reformulated paint will hit the market. I have to believe that if you see the new cases, the new paint is inside. The change, I'm not 100% on this again waiting for an email, is when GI started they could not use the DXS formula to create paint. My guess is the GI and KEE formulas are out and the old, revamped, DXS formula is back.
4leaf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:06 PM #69
timebomb
the missing link

timebomb is a Supporting Member
timebomb is a founding member
timebomb works for a Paintball manufacturer
timebomb donated to help Peyton Trent
timebomb owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
"eco" means more water, probably.
paintball shells are water soluble. paintball fills are hygroscopic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJoker View Post
Hopefully we se a better ball at Super Game this year then. It's consistently been the worst paint I buy all year. And it's kind of a kick in the nuts when you pay a premium price for mid-grade paint, and every single ball is dimpled.
dimpling is aesthetic, not going to affect performance.

Last edited by timebomb : 03-10-2017 at 02:09 PM.
timebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:26 PM #70
Pan!c
Paintball Since 2006

Pan!c plays in the USPL
Pan!c owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Pan!c plays in the APPA beginner division
Pan!c supports DLX Technology
Pan!c supports Ninja Paintball
You guys should stop complaining and start crowdfunding for a competitive product. Ill buy your product if its reasonable. I miss the "RPS" .68 product lines that were almost $100 a case after taxes, just superior and consistent quality year-round. I do remember cheap'n out and buying "sports chalet" brand, sometimes labeled as "monsterballs" these things would scatter like drones after about 25ft out

Last edited by Pan!c : 03-10-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Pan!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:31 PM #71
JSmith1100

JSmith1100 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
JSmith1100 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
I wonder if this version of GI 5 Star will be available at Living Legends 10.
JSmith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:36 PM #72
jonotwist
Needs more Enthusiasm!

jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by timebomb View Post

...... ....... ......right.

well... on planet earth we have a fluid atmosphere of air that comes into play when projectiles are moving through it.

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose. Sometimes it's how many pages you add to the rulebook."

WTB Landshark Edition BL Victory & ANGEL THE GAT PM me no rly... PM ME
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:54 PM #73
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 is Legendary
Intern1 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:

Are you really saying that dimpled paintball will fly as straight as a non-dimpled round paintball?

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:28 PM #74
SilentSam

is playing at Dead Legends
SilentSam owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
SilentSam supports DLX Technology
SilentSam supports Ninja Paintball
Anxiously awaiting the video review and like I said, I hope all manufacturers strive to improve their product and put out the best product possible. Does anybody know of any manufacturer that includes a "Born on Date" for there paintballs? I would think that would help shops and fields in acquiring the best paint for their customers.
SilentSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:33 PM #75
Giruc

plays in the NXL
Giruc supports Team VICIOUS
Giruc supports Empire
Im guessing on the new paint will be available and be seen by the early summer. Im sure it will only start being introduced/circulated once the GI warehouses start going thru inventory of current stock. Once their reps place their orders for more paint for the warehouse is when this should start popping up in the current shipments from Canada.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:41 PM #76
Spyder Ftw
Kappa123

Annual Supporting Member
Spyder Ftw is a founding member
Spyder Ftw is an NCPA player
Spyder Ftw is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
I'll be shooting this in the tournament series my squad is playing this year so I hope it is improved. The 4 Star I shot last year for one event was pretty good IMO.
A bunch of 4 star is going to be shot April 1st/2nd .. Hopefully Mike gets this new stuff down there
I'm sure we'll all jump back in here to comment the good/bad/ugly if it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSam View Post
Anxiously awaiting the video review and like I said, I hope all manufacturers strive to improve their product and put out the best product possible. Does anybody know of any manufacturer that includes a "Born on Date" for there paintballs? I would think that would help shops and fields in acquiring the best paint for their customers.
Would be financial suicide IMO. Don't get me wrong GI is PROBABLY big enough that it wouldn't matter, but how would it be enforced? year old paint is discounted X%, 6 month old paint is discounted X%? Let's be real, for practice we don't care if it's GI field, or Imperial.. We're going to buy whatever's cheapest(to a certain extreme, of course)

Good info none the less, but as stated before, time may or may not matter. IMHO I'd choose 3-6 month old paint that was on a pallet in a 65 degree, dry warehouse, over 1 month old paint that was sitting in open bags in Florida.

What are fields supposed to do when they get a pallet of paint marked 4/1/15 on 10/1/16..? Send it back say I don't want this? GI isn't going to take back a $3000 skid because you said it was too old I wouldn't think.

To further complicate things, A LOT of paint is being brought in from Asia.. That takes weeks on its own just in shipping containers on ships.
I don't think I've shot Empire/GI that has come in from Asia, but I can't imagine it's very good at that point without silica packets.
Some of the best paint I've ever shot is Graffiti .. Made in Korea.. Sealed in tight bags with silica packs in each bag.
Spyder Ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:41 PM #77
Giruc

plays in the NXL
Giruc supports Empire
Quote:
I'm not writing anyone off. You're the passionate one I want to hear from

I realize that you cannot make everyone happy and will not. It's just the way it is. I'm not looking to win here, just be the voice on the other side of the coin.

I am currently waiting for confirmation on when the reformulated paint will hit the market. I have to believe that if you see the new cases, the new paint is inside. The change, I'm not 100% on this again waiting for an email, is when GI started they could not use the DXS formula to create paint. My guess is the GI and KEE formulas are out and the old, revamped, DXS formula is back.

If i remember correctly(and Im pretty sure memory serves me right) When GI did start it was a complete separate entity from DXS paintball. (speculation now) Im sure there was also a non compete provision in a contract with owners or executives between the two entities that had to be abided by that they could not use the DXS formulas well until at least the merger between Procaps and GI happend. Wouldnt surprise me though Exciting things happening up there
Old 03-10-2017, 04:47 PM #78
Giruc

plays in the NXL
Giruc supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSam View Post

To my knowladge there is no manufactures that include a born date on skids or shipments of paint. Its not that beneficial, you have paint like Valken thats made over in ASIA without it all they have is Gel packs. I believe their paint just comes over on shipping containers.

GI ships/ drives it from Canada in a temp controlled truck to the nearest GI warehouse to you/ your store or field. It all comes down to storage you can have paint thats 3 months old stored in a proper warehouse thats all climate controlled and will shoot fantastic. OR you can have 1 month old paint stored well wherever , in someones farm shed for example that will shoot like complete garbage. It comes down to the storage not the age.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:14 PM #79
no_rex4u
USNA #11 ALUM

no_rex4u plays in the MiLP
no_rex4u owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
no_rex4u plays in the APPA D5 division
no_rex4u has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm still waiting on that GI milsim .50 impulse (7 yrs later)

As a paintball player, you should be trying to grow the sport. If there is ever an opportunity to help your local field, you should try your best to help.
no_rex4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:59 PM #80
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

if you consider flight path then it will affect performance.
You'd have to 100% uniform dimpling (like a golf ball) to get better performance. Inconstant dimpling will most definitely affect performance (cause you won't hit anything)
VETERAN MILITIA
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:36 PM #81
hubertcumberdale08
My Paintball Life

Annual Supporting Member
hubertcumberdale08 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hubertcumberdale08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hubertcumberdale08 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
hubertcumberdale08 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
hubertcumberdale08 owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
I'm actually kind of excited to pick up some of this new GI paint. They know the last batches were not so good and they made the necessary changes to make it a better paintball.

Even though I had (we've all had) Some not so good experiences with it, I'm excited to give it another go! could be great!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMp...CVsVnLjm6tP5-w

PlanetPaintballLeague.com

For the SoCal players looking for an awesome Clinic!!
hubertcumberdale08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:37 PM #82
Giruc

plays in the NXL
Giruc supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubertcumberdale08 View Post
I'm actually kind of excited to pick up some of this new GI paint. They know the last batches were not so good and they made the necessary changes to make it a better paintball.

Even though I had (we've all had) Some not so good experiences with it, I'm excited to give it another go! could be great!

They also added 2 more machines in the Canada plant to help keep up with the demand. This will alleviate a lot of stress that was put on the old machines and allow more time for production.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:43 PM #83
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Hey Nick. So does this mean there is no longer a paint factory in Quebec Canada? I was under the impression that is where the 4 and 5 star was being made....

Ohh and also, is 1 through to 5 star all being made in the USA?