WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTran View Post
In my opinion, I think this is better as a stand alone event.

5 man only has 5 spots left before that's capped...

I think this event and events like this has been great because Tim made it great more than what the format is which is why it's more successful than the other around it.
It would appear that the team limit for 5-man has been raised from 32 to 48 teams due to how fast 5-man was filling up. Currently a total of 100 5-man and 10-man teams signed up so far for ICC.

I canít tell you the first thing about how to do it, but Iíd have to bet for 2021 Tim and Russell look at adding an extra day and opening the event to more teams. The prospect of an additional $20k in entry fees and vendors making another dayís worth of revenue should make up for the increased expenses, right?

WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:24 PM #24
Nor Cal Shocker
I really don't care....

Nor Cal Shocker is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
It would appear that the team limit for 5-man has been raised from 32 to 48 teams due to how fast 5-man was filling up. Currently a total of 100 5-man and 10-man teams signed up so far for ICC.

I canít tell you the first thing about how to do it, but Iíd have to bet for 2021 Tim and Russell look at adding an extra day and opening the event to more teams. The prospect of an additional $20k in entry fees and vendors making another dayís worth of revenue should make up for the increased expenses, right?
Missed it again! So disappointed...In that 4 minutes, I couldn't even get through and I tried. Guess it just isn't meant to be. 3rd year, third miss, 3rd time is not the charm...Congrats to those that got a spot.
Nor Cal Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:10 PM #25

Wish i could find a team for this.
2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:16 PM #26
f8al
POWERHOUSE REGS

f8al works for a Paintball manufacturer
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matte View Post
ICC started the movement. If I was planning a ten man event I would sure would have planned around the ICC as many plan around World CUp. Hard to compete against the biggest ten man event on the planet.
Ya, I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on that one

Fight Club 10 Man at Badlandz go this train goin again.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:09 AM #27
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post

Truth. Glad to see other following Fight Club / Badlandz lead.
skinnyfatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:10 PM #28
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
John owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post

Kevin Donaldson had a good response to this but he left off the PSP and then the NXL bringing back 10-man (mostly at World Cup).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Donaldson
If you want to educate Plebs, you need to give them facts! Fight Club as well as many are equally responsible for the mechanical movement!

The SPPL was the first to bring back a scenario 10 man Woodsball event, the UWL took over and ran 10 man events, although mostly scenario like, continued to produce the closest thing to OG Paintball for many years, The Woodsball World Cup run for the first time in 2009 and 3 times after was a true 10 man mechanical Woodsball tournament without the scenario rules, Fight Club ran a hyperball mechanical event and definitely created growth and interest, The ICC Put us on the map and the world took us seriously, The ICPL ,NXL gave us legitimacy and a true Professional Division with a national event series.
But you know who is truly responsible and deserves all the credit?

The Players! The guys and gals that had the foresight to buy into this idea, to bring back mechanical, Old Skool Paintball, the players that traveled around the country before Mech was fashionable or the new cool thing! This is no new idea, any individual or any groups baby to take credit for. It's just the game, the way we started 37 years ago!
I personally give Spencer and Fight Club a lot of credit too. I'd been playing Tom Cole's UWL events for years and absolutely loved it. However, it was hard to get my old tournament friends to play it for two reasons.

1. They saw the scenario style additional rules and thought those would change the game too much, even though I don't feel they did.

2. They wanted more variety in the fields played. It was hard to go to Badlandz and play 10-man and see the unused Hyperball fields just sitting there waiting to be played.

UWL also dropped the mech division because not enough teams played it. The Fight Club event solved both those issues and brought back mech, but it's hard to give an event that didn't even finish or crown a winner all the credit. I give Tim Montressor major credit for allowing electronic guns at ICC in such a way they could be competitive (Damage won Ricco's Gator event in 2019 with electronic guns) but they didn't have too much of an advantage.

TLDR: Saying one event did everything is silly - no matter what event you choose.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.