PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 01-10-2020, 01:40 PM #43
Jonathan UK Refs

has been a member for 10 years
Obviously, Bear going to AC Dallas stands head & shoulders above everything else. Despite that, they had a pretty good year.
Jonathan UK Refs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2020, 02:14 PM #44
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

Annual Supporting Member
BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos00 View Post

Worst trend- Ninja and their BS. All of it. From the lawsuits to the BS that is the 'new' HK regs. We've been through the frivolous patent wars before, and I feel no need to go back. The powerhouse regs are not remotely similar internally or externally, and yet they keep suing away. And then, just to cap it off, they use reg bodies identical to powerhouse's for the HK tanks in what sure as [email protected]!# looks like an attempt to confuse buyers. They lost me as a customer for good this year.
I think the funniest thing is that all of a sudden Ninja is considered garbage. When in reality most people wouldn't notice a difference between a standard basic nonadjustable reg and a PH other than looks.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:52 PM #45
cfos00

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJoker View Post
I think the funniest thing is that all of a sudden Ninja is considered garbage. When in reality most people wouldn't notice a difference between a standard basic nonadjustable reg and a PH other than looks.
To me, that's not the point. It's the behavior behind it of trying to bury a competitor via lawsuit instead of via products, even though the regs, again, are nothing alike internally. Don't like that they're cutting into your market share? Get better. Stop trying to make lawyers do the work.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 04:26 PM #46
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

Annual Supporting Member
BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
To me, that's not the point. It's the behavior behind it of trying to bury a competitor via lawsuit instead of via products, even though the regs, again, are nothing alike internally. Don't like that they're cutting into your market share? Get better. Stop trying to make lawyers do the work.
I think if there wasn't some validity to their claim, then PH would not have changed their design. But I know for some reason in paintball we like to dump on anyone protecting their IP.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:51 PM #47
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJoker View Post
So if you owned a company that size you’d be more than willing to hand your money to your competitors? That’s business
Not saying it’s right from a moral stance, but that’s how everything works
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:08 PM #48
cfos00

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J.Strom View Post
So if you owned a company that size you’d be more than willing to hand your money to your competitors? That’s business
Not saying it’s right from a moral stance, but that’s how everything works
I run my own regional office in another field, working against some of the best competition in my field and working with companies that you would absolutely know, and we don't sue to get ahead. Prior to that, I ran one of my prior companies while my boss was out of country and contact for extended periods of time. We didn't try and sue our ways out of competition when we ran into it.
We tried to outperform them. Suing competition is absolute not how everyone or everything works. And if I pick who I'm giving money to, it sure won't be to someone who is trying to sue their competition out of business.

And they changed one seal location. There is one lawsuit still ongoing, which is number 3. Again, crack open the regs. It's not difficult to see the differences.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:29 PM #49
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to imply everybody is doing it, more that it’s at the very least more common than most think, and it’s ugly, even uglier when it effects something you care about and are invested in. I have the utmost respect for companies that are able to not only survive, but thrive in such an environment. But I also know if I had everything invested in ip, I’d fight to the bone for it

Last edited by J.J.Strom : 01-10-2020 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:43 PM #50
Deadpoolski
Deadpool with Axe

Deadpoolski owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Deadpoolski owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
Deadpoolski owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Deadpoolski owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I would say
MG100 and Bunkerkings CMD mask
ICC
Russian Legion
De Luxe Empire Sniper
Deadpoolski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:02 PM #51
f8al
POWERHOUSE REGS

f8al works for a Paintball manufacturer
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al posts videos on PbNation
I would say the resurgence of the Adrenaline markers in their Shockers and CVO's in addition to all the fantastic mechanical markers that got introduced as potential offerings for players. The mechanical movement is alive and well and the old school events have been an absolute blast to watch!
Old 01-14-2020, 11:44 PM #52
PROPERGANDA

PROPERGANDA owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BEST FIELD IN SOCAL: victory paintball park

BEST EVENT: Did not attend ICC./ World Cup FLORIDA but my team Destiny California made it to 4th place in (open ) division Mounds, first time playing together
BEST PRODUCT: Jt pro flex comeback / CMD / emek / HK paint not soft goods " buy hk..rip the next play" is my slogan!

AC Dallas /diesel looked real good this season
PROPERGANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:05 AM #53
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
I would say the resurgence of the Adrenaline markers in their Shockers and CVO's in addition to all the fantastic mechanical markers that got introduced as potential offerings for players. The mechanical movement is alive and well and the old school events have been an absolute blast to watch!
Facts. Can’t wait to get my cvo+xls
Old 01-18-2020, 06:42 PM #54
ndcody

ndcody is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdude?! View Post
me not playing
A net positive for your wallet and your love life.

I'm the opposite of most people here, I think the best part of paintball in 2019 is that the industry hasn't 'broken out' into the mainstream. The more this hobby struggles the more pressure will be applied to adapt or die.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:29 AM #55
Tophersux

CS2 Pro is so sick to me.
Tophersux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:10 AM #56
AlWoods
In your 30

AlWoods works for a Paintball manufacturer
 owns a Planet Eclipse CS Impact
AlWoods owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Does George Fava count?

He should.

Kills it.

If you love FREE paintball videos then head over here > > >Planet Eclipse YouTube Channel < < < and SUBSCRIBE

Just call me Mr. 100mil.
AlWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:12 PM #57
Scougar
SoftwareDev/Tinkerer

Scougar owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Product for me... MG100..exploded on the magfed scene.... Half of every field is using one. Nothing even comes close in quality, performance, reliabilty and efficiency in one package, whilst being so modular you can make it whatever the heck you want to. (I have bias being involved in the project though, but I stand by every word).
Old 02-03-2020, 01:45 PM #58
NightCrawlerBRC

NightCrawlerBRC owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Best Team - Russian Legion. I absolutely loved watching them play this year (and previous years ofc) and it's such a shame that a few key players didn't suit up for one of the tournaments. It really sucked to see them lose World Cup AND the season title, even though they did so well this year.

Best Product - Adrenaline Shockers. Sure they have that "ripper" style milling, but their attention to detail is so cool to see throughout their development phases.

Looking Forward to in 2020 - Paintball F8MOUS Book!!! I am sooooo incredibly excited to see all the great pictures and articles they're going to include. I miss having my subscription to Action Pursuit Games and other paintball magazines.... i can't wait for this book.
NightCrawlerBRC is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.