Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-06-2020, 02:43 PM #1
Maxxx16

XLS FPS Fluctuating

I just bought an XLS off ebay. Claimed to only be shot a few times and basically new. It looks clean enough to believe.

I've never owned a shocker before so I'm not too familiar with what to expect. I chrono'd it at my field the other day and the fps was +/- 20 constantly when I was chronoing. I haven't taken the reg apart yet, so I'm probably going to be doing that very soon.

The main question I have is, is this normal for when it's still being broken in?
Maxxx16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2020, 06:45 PM #2
cyberpyr8
walkthefield.com

has been a member for 10 years
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I have my son's xls with about 4-5 cases through it. It's more consistent than yours. I have one of the new punisher pb XLS' coming in tomorrow. I can let you know what a brand new one can do.

You probably need to rebuild the reg. Wouldn't hurt.
Clothes: Custom Carbon Zero More Coverage Mask | Carbon SC base layer | Jersey Clinics Jerseys | CK Hefe 2.5 Bandana Pants | Shulook Hiking Shoes
Field Gear: 37in. Husky Tool Box | PE Gun Bags | 10x10 Tent | Guru Gun Stands | USB Fans
Home Field: Hoppers, Savannah GA
Previous Gear
cyberpyr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:35 PM #3
Maxxx16

I just serviced the reg and it didn't look the prettiest inside, so I'm hoping that's all it was. Unfortunately it'll be a few weeks til I'm back at the field and can tell for sure.

If you wouldn't mind telling me your findings on your new xls I'd appreciate it!
Maxxx16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:58 AM #4
cyberpyr8
walkthefield.com

has been a member for 10 years
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I finally got a break in the rain and got to go shoot my new one. It is fluctuating like yours is. I am assuming I will need to break the reg in with some shots to get it more consistent. It is between 250 and 271 with the average shot being at around 269. That's a brand new gun and these were the first shots fired through it. I have my dwell down to 15 now and it is still shooting the same. The good news is that it doesn't seem to be spiking higher than 271. I will wait until it gets better and try getting to around 280 max.
Clothes: Custom Carbon Zero More Coverage Mask | Carbon SC base layer | Jersey Clinics Jerseys | CK Hefe 2.5 Bandana Pants | Shulook Hiking Shoes
Field Gear: 37in. Husky Tool Box | PE Gun Bags | 10x10 Tent | Guru Gun Stands | USB Fans
Home Field: Hoppers, Savannah GA
Previous Gear
cyberpyr8 is offline   Reply With Quote