PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-16-2017, 03:01 PM #1408
Jacobinius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelay View Post
Getting ready to dive into paintball, just bought my first setup.

Dangerous Power E1 - $130
V Force Grill - $60
Ninja Aluminum Flat Bottom Air Tank w/ Adjustable Regulator - $60
Valken V-Max A-5 Paintball Loader - $15

Came out to about $265 American, but since I'm in Canada and our dollar sucks so much it cost me about $350 for everything.

Is the E1 a good marker? It's my first one, been using the clunky rental Tippmann 98 Customs at the place I go to usually, so hopefully this is a nice upgrade.
Hey are you sure you bought an A5 vmax loader? If you did it won't fit on an E1 feedneck only tippmann cyclone hopper systems.
Jacobinius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2017, 03:24 PM #1409
RubyR0b0t
HOWNOWBROWNCOW

RubyR0b0t has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
RubyR0b0t supports Ninja Paintball
Maybe it was a typo ^
Red 32* Vision Impulse
Green 32* NDZ'd vision Impulse
Blue Base WAS'd + NDZ'd Impulse
Dust Black Rat Jr WAS'd + NDZ'd Impulse
https://soundcloud.com/reuben-douros
RubyR0b0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:49 AM #1410
Goove
Rope Thrower

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
Goove owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Goove plays in the APPA D4 division
Just bought my first marker since 2000, when my parents bought me one when I was in 7th grade. The set up is in my signature! Im pumped to get into some Airball!
M2 - Murder
LUXE X - Blue and Black
Goove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:38 AM #1411
MatBurnsRed

Should i buy a used tank and hopper or brand new?
MatBurnsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:51 PM #1412
CaptainOverkill

Ion Marker with Firebolt, Blackheart Board, CP Regulator, Drop Forward, CP ASA, Custom Chrome Body, Upgraded Double Trigger (Not sure on brand but not stock)

Longbow Barrel Set, CP Barrel, Rotor Hopper, 68/4500 Ninja SL Tank, Gorilla Tank Cover

No Leaks all in good shape and runs great.... $350 or did I overpay?
CaptainOverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:47 PM #1413
Doski

Purchasing Axe Pro

Red Axe Pro for $300 - Is this a good deal?
Doski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:58 AM #1414
Hung Jury
I get shot a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doski View Post
Red Axe Pro for $300 - Is this a good deal?
Depending on the condition, yeah. Brand new regular Axes are on sale for 324 at ANS. Used Axe Pros on trademygun.com are closer to 400.
Hung Jury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:51 PM #1415
jbmuller

hello everyone

i'm trying to get back into paintball. i played for the first time in about 15 years and had a blast. i don't think i want to invest more than ~$150 on gear to get back to playing, though, since i don't really know how often i'll actually get to play.

i have a spyder shutter that i just rebuilt and seems to be working just fine as far as i can tell.

i have a short list of things i need:

mask
hopper (maybe) - i have the old peanut "shake it every 10 shots" view loader.
air/co2 tank - mine is right about 15 years old so it's definitely not safe to pressurize, even if it passed hydro it's just time to go.
barrel bag (probably don't need a lot of recommendations for this one)

are the i4 and vio masks generally considered good? i think i can find them used for 60ish in relatively good condition.

are there any air tanks that deserve special consideration? i haven't looked into them very much

is it worth getting a barrel kit? when i was using a rental marker it was extremely frustrating to see my paint curving every ****ing direction. i don't think the stock shutter barrel is that great, either. if it has the same threading as modern markers, and if it makes a good difference for accuracy, i think it could be a worthwhile purchase.

thanks for your help
jbmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:24 PM #1416
Lilarchie2000

wanting to get into the sport more and buying my own gear now, I've already bought a prophecy z2, proto switch fs and a valken 4+3 pod pack (used, everything for 50 bucks) but still need to buy a tank and gun, what I've decided to buy is a Gog eNMey, CP .685 14 inch barrel, and a ninja 68/4500 standard reg any thoughts or will this set up get me playing and having fun?
The only thing I really want to upgrade is the mask and get a vio contour or ascend.
Lilarchie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:35 PM #1417
deadly0ne

OK, I’m not exactly sure where to post this since I’m new here, but here goes.

I am looking to get into paintball. I’ve had a lot of fun playing at my local field, mostly (what I believe is called) recball – just scenario maps, not much speed ball. One of the guys that I played with let me use his Gtek and (what I believe) was an Etha 2, but with a mechanical frame. Several people have suggested I should pick up a new Etha 2, however from reading the stickies on the forum and asking around, others suggest that I should get a poppet for my first gun and target a used LV1, due to depreciation, ease of maintenance, and the “quality” of the gun. Which gun would easier to maintain and stay reliable/relevant? The initial setup I am contemplating is as follows; I would appreciate any feedback.

Mask: Empire EVS, Virtue Vio Ascend
Gun: Etha 2/LV1, Gtek
Loader: G.I. Sportz LVL or Spire IR/III
Tank: Ninja SL 50/4500
deadly0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:01 AM #1418
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

has been a member for 10 years
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
DriverJ is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly0ne View Post

I am looking to get into paintball. I’ve had a lot of fun playing at my local field, mostly (what I believe is called) recball – just scenario maps, not much speed ball. One of the guys that I played with let me use his Gtek and (what I believe) was an Etha 2, but with a mechanical frame. Several people have suggested I should pick up a new Etha 2, however from reading the stickies on the forum and asking around, others suggest that I should get a poppet for my first gun and target a used LV1, due to depreciation, ease of maintenance, and the “quality” of the gun. Which gun would easier to maintain and stay reliable/relevant? The initial setup I am contemplating is as follows; I would appreciate any feedback.

Both masks are good. I still run an E-Flex, Grillz or Vio Any of these masks are great, but if you have a local store try them on and get the one that is most comfortable. Plan to spend ~$100 on a quality mask with a good lens, if go with Grillz get the dual pane lens it's worth the extra cost.

I generally wouldn't encourage a mid range electric marker as your first marker. I would encourage a Tipmann, or other inexpensive mechanical. Reason being is you learn to take care of it and learn basic maintenance and care.

I would look at the Empire Prophecy (Z2 or otherwise), Halo too, or Spire all great loaders.

Tank this is another one you'll want to get a feel for how the size fits on your marker of choice. I run a 77 or 68 depending which of my markers I'm using. Ninja makes a great Reg and they cover the tanks well under warranty
Old 12-20-2018, 12:10 PM #1419
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Team_ILLNatured is a founding member
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Boss
Team_ILLNatured supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly0ne View Post

a SL50/45 is going to be kinda small. it may feel nice at first, but after a long day of contorting yourself to hold it to your shoulder, you may not be happy. I'd suggest a SL68 or SL77
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:18 AM #1420
Hidden_Sparrow

New Player Setup

I am new to the game and I am thinking about getting this setup any advice would be appreciated.

Gun: Etek5
Loader: Virtue Spire III loader with crown
Tank: Ninja 68ci 4500 psi HPA Tank - Pro V2 Regulator
Mask: VForce Grill
Hidden_Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:27 AM #1421
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Team_ILLNatured is a founding member
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Boss
Team_ILLNatured supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden_Sparrow View Post
I am new to the game and I am thinking about getting this setup any advice would be appreciated.

Gun: Etek5
Loader: Virtue Spire III loader with crown
Tank: Ninja 68ci 4500 psi HPA Tank - Pro V2 Regulator
Mask: VForce Grill
Sounds like a solid setup
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:40 PM #1422
alex52e

Just bought these markers and need some info/assistance

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I just joined and there are SOO many threads it's hard to know.

Anyway, I picked up 2 markers today at a garage sale. Both are Spyder - one is a Rodeo and the other is an TL. Got them for $20 each. I figured it was a good price but not sure. They both appear to be in very good condition but again, I am NEW to PB so this is where your info and assistance comes into play.

First, was this a good deal assuming they both work?

Second, the Rodeo is not labeled as to caliber. Did they make them in both .50 and .68? If so, how can I tell which it is? The TL is labeled on it as a .68 so I'm ok there.

Second, is there anything I can check before I try to shoot them to make sure they will work? I can't even try to fire them right now since I have no hoppers or tanks.

Anything else that I should know that I don't even know to ask?
alex52e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:41 AM #1423
zshafman

I played woodsball for the second time recently and im pumped to try it again with my own marker because i would have dominated but my marker had a crazy spread at just about 30 ft so i wound up wasting a bunch of paint. I was so annoyed when i came back home that i started browsing markers. I came across the Project Salvo. I really like the look and customize-ability of it. I just have a couple questions:

- should i do a cyclone feed or qloader? which is better? i know one is above the marker and the other would go below but are there performance pros and cons?
-im most likely going to do an e-grip. will the qloader give me the same fps as a cyclone feed system and does it chop the balls?
- whats the best barrel to improve accuracy and is there a way to change the bore according to the weather/temperature like the freak kits do?
- is a rifled barrel better than the freak kits or vice versa?
zshafman is offline   Reply With Quote