ReplyNews Ups

Old 05-04-2021, 09:55 AM #64
paintballer3

has been a member for 10 years
paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Multiple long time pros, mixed with an experienced coach and long time pro owner in Jeff Stein makes me think they would be more competitive than:

Uprising
Kings
DMG

The MLKing are by far the biggest joke of the division. At this point they are basically just there to say they play pro. DMG I think is too far gone and I cant imagine they find more money or talent anytime soon. Uprising has almost no funding as well and any decent local talent is always going to go to Thunder over them.

Being that the Northeast has some of the best players in the country outside of TX, FL, and CA, there should absolutley be more pro teams up here, and there already are more pro ready rosters sitting in the wings.

Aftermath is a shining example of why there should be some sort of ownership financial committment required for the pro division. They get back a competant owner who can provide the resources needed for a pro team in Mike Hinman, and they go from a hot pile of **** to a promising underdog contender instantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinings View Post
ML Kings lost to what is on paper a divisional team. Why are they even in the pro division. Sorry for the hate but it is what it is.
I think that people forget that ML Kings started as a european team that came over to America so they can play pro in 2 leagues. Next the NXL changed the rules so you can't do that anymore.

Honestly I think that Uprising was an amazing divisional team that was exited to go pro. They got screwed up right away at the pro level. After realizing that it wasent going to be easy they just kinda gave up.

DMG is reabuilding. I dont think think they should be kicked out of the pro division.

Honestly I think the bigger issue is the over the top "buying and selling" of players. Ironmen just kinda shop around every season and fly in players from all over. Thay play in a few Sundays, lose a few people every off season, next just buy some random people, and then complain that they dont win.

I believe that the Ironmen would do much better if they just cut everyone (execpt Nick S and maybe Corey Hall) and just bringing up whole Hurricans team. That way you are taking a team that plays together already, have chemistry, a decent mix of pros to teach (Nick S, Cory, Benny C, Keith D, please bring back Thomas M), some decent funding for pratice, and I believe that they could win in a few years.

People **** on GP for just bringing up a whole D2 team, but I think that was by far the best move. I watched a game that they played and they did pretty well.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2021, 09:59 AM #65
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Little bit of sexist undetones there?

She has been coaching for quite a while and learned directly from Todd, and Shane Pestana over the year, so Im sure she has quite the knowledge base. Bill Belichick never played in the NFL does that mean he cant coach? You dont need to have played pro in a sport to be an effective coach.

She coached a roster that was overmatched at most time, pretty well, all things considered.
lmao at you trying to compare a major professional sports coach to someone who was helping in the pits for a couple years being bumped up.

its like having your assistant equipment manager start head coaching your pro team.

its fine ya'll can think how you want, but i'm one of the only willing to speak how it is instead of just trying to say the popular opinion to not cause backlash. **** going with the flow.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:30 AM #66
mDub TK

mDub TK is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL 2
mDub TK plays in the APPA D1 division
I'm not arguing for changing the format of promotion / relegation or arguing about which teams I think should be pro.

Update relegation rules to two teams. Make the bottom more stressful for consistently bad teams and allow more talent and younger players to make the move to pro.
mDub TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:33 AM #67
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I really think there needs to be a couple things that happen at the pro level. First and foremost instead of a salary/budget cap like a lot of pro leagues there needs to be a minimum budget for these teams. Impact and Heat are still obviously going to spend the money they spend but they aren't really the problem. It's teams like Uprising and MLKings that have basically zero budget from what I can tell. I'm sure they aren't the only ones but that's the first two that come to mind.

As for the relegation maybe you have a tournament at the end of the year, a super cup if you will. The bottom 5 pro teams and the top 5 semi-pro teams, let the top 5 have the the pro spots.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:51 AM #68
nichonitro
^ doesn't know anything

nichonitro is a Paintball photographer
nichonitro supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens View Post
This is the case in almost any other professional sports league....
No team really sucked, therefore also the lower teams can win against the top. Yes, surely not the event....
It is in soccer and motorsports

Paintball can't be compared to professional sports in the united states. It's nothing like it and never will be anything like it.
It's basically a cross between racing and euro club soccer.

In both of those sports if your team sucks and you lose funding the team dies.

In the us we like to do this thing called pay for someones else's party. How many awful sports team would be around if the public didn't subsidize them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_subsidy

Last edited by nichonitro : 05-05-2021 at 08:25 AM.
nichonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:25 PM #69
paintballer3

paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
lmao at you trying to compare a major professional sports coach to someone who was helping in the pits for a couple years being bumped up.

its like having your assistant equipment manager start head coaching your pro team.

its fine ya'll can think how you want, but i'm one of the only willing to speak how it is instead of just trying to say the popular opinion to not cause backlash. **** going with the flow.
I really don’t care that an assistant coach became the head coach. It is called a promotion and promotions like that happen all of the time. Nick S vouched for her, he knows her more then anyone else her does, so I have to trust Nick. So what her team did bad this event, hell I suck at anything I try doing the first time.

You are really the only person who is butt hurt about it. You think you are saying what is on everyone mind, but are too afraid to say. That isn’t the case. Your just being that angry guy in the corner that everyone hates. Just shut up and enjoy the paintball.

Last edited by paintballer3 : 05-04-2021 at 04:15 PM.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:39 AM #70
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post

lol. More like your closed off macho man brain cant take the idea that a woman is in a position of power somewhere.

How is she the "assistant equipment manager"? She learned directly under one of the best coaches of the last decade for years, and worked with numerous top level players, as well as Dave Youngblood, a 35 year industry veteran and a guy with a dozen plus World championships to his name and company.

How could you possibly know her experience or knowledge level? Are you in the Dye camp? Nothing makes you seem like more of an ******* than the guy that says "im just saying what you are all thinking" like....nah, your saying a closed minded statement that is completely unfounded.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:52 AM #71
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Intern1 is Boss
Quote:
Multiple long time pros, mixed with an experienced coach and long time pro owner in Jeff Stein makes me think they would be more competitive than:

Uprising
Kings
DMG

The MLKing are by far the biggest joke of the division. At this point they are basically just there to say they play pro. DMG I think is too far gone and I cant imagine they find more money or talent anytime soon. Uprising has almost no funding as well and any decent local talent is always going to go to Thunder over them.

Being that the Northeast has some of the best players in the country outside of TX, FL, and CA, there should absolutley be more pro teams up here, and there already are more pro ready rosters sitting in the wings.

Aftermath is a shining example of why there should be some sort of ownership financial committment required for the pro division. They get back a competant owner who can provide the resources needed for a pro team in Mike Hinman, and they go from a hot pile of **** to a promising underdog contender instantly.
I'm not saying it will happen this year but didn't aftermath make Sunday their first pro event and then do terrible the rest of the year? I think it's a little too early to say they are a shining example.

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:27 AM #72
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
I'm not saying it will happen this year but didn't aftermath make Sunday their first pro event and then do terrible the rest of the year? I think it's a little too early to say they are a shining example.
I think it can said with some degree of confidence, they will continue to perform decently well considering they have legitimate financial backing, unlimited paint to practice, and a smart owner/coach.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:16 AM #73
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
I think it can said with some degree of confidence, they will continue to perform decently well considering they have legitimate financial backing, unlimited paint to practice, and a smart owner/coach.
Now I'm not going to throw money down on Aftermath to win an event this year but with the amount of work they're putting in making Sunday wasn't a fluke. They're a great example in my mind of how a pro team should be operating since Hinman took control back.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:32 AM #74
coveIsuppose

I’m not giving Aftermath much credit for making Sunday. It used to be hard for pros to get out of prelims. Now, half the teams make it. Aftermath had a remarkably easy bracket, and still only managed to go 2-2. Their wins were a 1 point win against a hobbled Dynasty and LVL, easily the worst performing team at the tournament.

For the rest of the season, I’m skeptical of every team in that bracket, including Dynasty. 4 of 5 teams made it to Sunday, but none of them even made it to Semis. Thunder and Revo both got smoked in Quarters.
coveIsuppose is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.