Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJoker View Post
larger field won't matter, larger bunkers won't matter....Semi may help but there was no such thing once the electronic switch was coupled with a force fed hopper.
I'd be intrigued to see the current format coupled with mechanical guns. Wonder if that would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I’d pay $20 to watch him arm wrestle Spesh.
I'd throw $20 into that.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2020, 10:19 PM #23
Gnasty619

Gnasty619 plays in the USPL
Gnasty619 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Gnasty619 plays in the APPA D3 division
I would love to see BShort come back. Dynasty could probably be more enjoyable to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4sT_ReSOrT View Post
I don't know if this format will ever return but if 10-man mech has proved anything it's that players love the classics.
It's cheaper and the competition isn't the same. When the game isn't taken as serious, the game is more loved. Paintball is always better with your friends.

Paintball's history are told at fields, there's nothing that keeps record of old stories and past champions. Paintball is unlike other sports.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:45 PM #24
lasoyatimmy22

lasoyatimmy22 plays in the PSP
lasoyatimmy22 supports Empire
Glad to see him back on the field!
Old 02-05-2020, 10:51 PM #25
BlcK-

Cant wait to see how he performs
BlcK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:02 PM #26
fishballer06
ShockerRepair

fishballer06 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
fishballer06 supports Shocker RSX
Geeze, Scott really let himself go in retirement. Didn't he used to have like a 10 pack?
Old 02-06-2020, 02:31 PM #27
r45vt

r45vt owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
r45vt owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
r45vt owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
We played against him a couple weeks ago when he was on the HK 10 man team the Hollywood Hawks.

Last edited by r45vt : 02-07-2020 at 02:14 AM.
r45vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:46 PM #28
ArchAngelIon
I run a field now

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon helped look for balloons
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
The Dynasty scouting report says Skemp has not lost a step. Expect him to contribute big in the rotation.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:23 PM #29
DYElite05
Get down! Shut up!

plays in the NXL
DYElite05 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
I think Mike Urena will be getting a lot more playing time. All these 10 and 15 year pros need to retire and go enjoy something else in life. So many kids are capable of playing pro but the roughly 200 slots are taken up by these old fools.
DYElite05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:22 AM #30
BIGCAN-RULES
#UNDR #ACPB #HK

BIGCAN-RULES supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYElite05 View Post
I think Mike Urena will be getting a lot more playing time. All these 10 and 15 year pros need to retire and go enjoy something else in life. So many kids are capable of playing pro but the roughly 200 slots are taken up by these old fools.
Old fools which consistently place top four and or Sunday while this “new” blood shouldn’t even be in the pro division . If they were capable they’d be picked up.

#dafuqman
Old 02-07-2020, 07:21 AM #31
Jack Wood

Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYElite05 View Post
lol, funny!!

You want it? Go take it! Or maybe they should go tell daddy that it's not fair that the big boys wont let them play.....
Jack Wood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:07 AM #32
twinings
Cereal Eater

twinings plays in the PSP
twinings plays in the APPA D4 division
Oh snap

Serious, tho, with 20 pro teams, there are plenty of opportunities for the next generation to take down the veterans.
twinings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:12 AM #33
BIGCAN-RULES
#UNDR #ACPB #HK

BIGCAN-RULES supports DLX Technology
My issue with this is role....we lost a huge center piece with AROD gone and we have blake, marcello and from what i understand Mike fillingl the attacking D roll. Our back line is solid and im wondering is SK gonna fill that AROD gut role?
Old 02-07-2020, 09:16 AM #34
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinings View Post
Oh snap

Serious, tho, with 20 pro teams, there are plenty of opportunities for the next generation to take down the veterans.
And they don’t. That’s the problem. These guys in their early to late 30s have been completely ****ting on everyone for 10-15+ years! Where is all this new young talent at? Alex Goldman when he was 20-21, was already one of the most feared guys in the sport! Same with Marcelo, Oliver, Nicky Cuba, Federov. I know ac Dallas has a young star or two, same with legion, but where is everyone else? Where are all the young stars?
Old 02-07-2020, 09:30 AM #35
dubv187
Inglewood

dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
The Dynasty scouting report says Skemp has not lost a step. Expect him to contribute big in the rotation.
Not taking anything away from SKemp as he's a good player. I just don't see this pickup shifting the balance of power or even moving the needle really. His skill set does not fill a position. I don't think this is going to get them any closer to the level of RL, Heat, or Xfactor.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:34 AM #36
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubv187 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
Not taking anything away from SKemp as he's a good player. I just don't see this pickup shifting the balance of power or even moving the needle really. His skill set does not fill a position. I don't think this is going to get them any closer to the level of RL, Heat, or Xfactor.
Pretty sure they beat heat two out of the three times they played them last year, but I do agree, that it’s not necessarily going to be much of a change in their teams overall performance. Neither urena or skemp make up for the loss of Arod.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:30 AM #37
Kazer

Kazer is playing at Living Legends VIII
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Kids these days are soft, that's why.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:44 AM #38
L4sT_ReSOrT

Most modern athletes seem to hit their prime early 30s so it makes sense that the pro scene is saturated with that demographic.

Also with paintball's decline following the recession we're not seeing the younger generation playing. From what I can anecdotally discern paintball growth has been stagnant for the past 10 years.

Hopefully with the economy finally turning around, Millenials working and having kids we can see paintball return to some of its former glory.
L4sT_ReSOrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:37 AM #39
dubv187
Inglewood

dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Pretty sure they beat heat two out of the three times they played them last year, but I do agree, that it’s not necessarily going to be much of a change in their teams overall performance. Neither urena or skemp make up for the loss of Arod.
Dynasty didn't even make the finals at an event last year tho. Really just trying to make the point they are a really good team but not an elite team and I don't think this move will do anything to get them into the elite level.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:21 PM #40
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Dynasty didn't even make the finals at an event last year tho. Really just trying to make the point they are a really good team but not an elite team and I don't think this move will do anything to get them into the elite level.
They’re the new 2016-2018 X factor. Always beats good teams, breezes through the prelims, then collapses on Sunday mornings. Occasionally they’ll collapse around noon, but it’s typically between 8-9:30 am
Old 02-07-2020, 01:34 PM #41
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
I talked to Scott and obviously he's excited:

"After 13 years of competing in professional paintball, I hung up the cleats in 2018 with the LA Ironmen. Not from a lack of passion or skill for the sport. But just focusing on building my career as a 30-year-old young adult. It felt it was time to “grow up.” In my 2 years of retirement, not a day went by where I didn’t think about it and miss it. Plus when half my friends still compete, it’s always popping up in my life. I didn’t really have intentions of coming back this year till about a month ago when I knocked the dust off and played paintball for the first time in 2 seasons. I am right me right back and it was like I never left! Man, the feeling of playing paintball is like nothing else in life! Only paintball people know what I’m talking about.

So after some practices with Dynasty and proving that I can still ball, I had to offer to join the squad for 2020! I’ve always been a Dynasty fan but the stars never aligned to play with them. Alex Fragie has been asking me for about 5 years to join the squad! And when I texted Rusty inviting myself to tryout last weekend. He replied, “I’ve been waiting 2 years for this text.” So here I’m, hungry as hell looking to take the podium with my boys in blue. Because life moves fast, and this opportunity won’t be around forever so I better take it now and give it my all."

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:39 PM #42
Gnasty619

Gnasty619 plays in the USPL
Gnasty619 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Gnasty619 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
ACDallas isn't as balanced of a team with the loss Brad McCurly. Dynasty might finally be able to beat them if they're to meet this season. I could see Tyler Harmon being their primary center player in place of Arod.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.