PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-25-2008, 07:05 PM #22
TheAznInvazn
550 for Fighters

has been a member for 10 years
TheAznInvazn has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hopefully I'll be able to get a game in on Sunday and tell yall my personal feel on the EOS (even though I already love it )
Old 01-31-2008, 09:49 AM #23
baller1280

Shoulld i spend the money on a eos or should i just get and epiphany or dp fusion
baller1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:02 PM #24
MindBreakN

MindBreakN plays in the APPA beginner division
I would recommend the EOS. The BOB makes it a lot easier to maintain and super quick to clean, it comes with the locking feedneck and looks so much sweeter than the epiphany.
MindBreakN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:02 PM #25
TheAznInvazn
550 for Fighters

^
True to the above
Old 02-01-2008, 11:32 AM #26
FyrFytr
EMT-B

FyrFytr is a Supporting Member
well here's my quasi review on it, I have so far played two days w/ it and this is what I have concluded:

For what it's worth it's not a bad marker at all. The speed it can go in regular semi is very nice, I hooked my reloader B2 on it and emptied the hopper in about 4-5 seconds(no stopwatch or nothing just my best rough guesstimate.) I have only had 2 occasions where I broke paint, once was a barrel break and the other was from the hopper's stacking pressure. Both times I continued to fire and the Freak Jr. barrel it came with pretty much shot out the majority of the paint that was in the barrel with no problems. It was very easy to clean and re-lube after game play w/ the BOB feature. The Q-lock feedneck is wide enough to NOT have to shave down the width of the B-2 feedneck so that's always good. The chamber that S/P left in it after testing it at the factory(don't know which one it is) is very good. I have not had any problems with drop-off or anything like that, I have fired MULTIPLE strings of paint with out a problem(asides from the 2 breaks which I already discussed.) All in all a very nice marker, And one of the things I like best about it(well 2 of the things) are: 1- the nice and wide and spacey trigger guard area, for someone with fat fingers like myself it's a nice thing to have as compared to the shocker's trigger guard which is very small and tight.
2- the second thing I like alot is the solid plastic battery harness clip(the part that clips onto the battery itself) it's a phenomenal idea, I am very impressed with this marker, and for not being a large smart parts fan in the beginning of my playing(about 4 years ago) I am definately coming around to the new marker here.

FyrFytr's feedback
If we do meet again, we'll smile indeed; If not, 'tis true this parting was well made.
-William Shakespeare
German
Paintballer
For Life
FyrFytr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:19 PM #27
TheAznInvazn
550 for Fighters

Finally updated with performance in!!!

YAY FOR SMARTPARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 I love you guys <3
Old 04-09-2008, 07:23 PM #28
whispershadow
Player not Marker

whispershadow owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Great review, btw. I find it extremely helpful.
I read somewhere that there were issues with the liquid carbon paint, that it was rubbing off easily. Has yours been doing that?
also, I was confused by the smart parts sites. The main site has liquid carbon or black + another color, but their store has platinum + another color. any light that you can shed on what they ACTUALLY offer?
And your color scheme. what is that? if its blk/red the red is MUCH darker than it looks on the site. whats up w/ that?

(basically, im sold on the marker, just not the color scheme)

Last edited by whispershadow : 04-09-2008 at 07:30 PM.
whispershadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:10 PM #29
TheAznInvazn
550 for Fighters

The liquid carbon problem is only with the older modle EOS's.
My personal EOS is Black and Red, no liquid carbon on mine, so I can't say.
The only colors are black and something and liquid carbon and something, no three color EOS's, unless you want to drop some extra cash for some aftermarket parts, anno, or powder coating.
With mine, well, it is black and red, so I'm not so sure whats up with whats on the SP website. They do have the option above the tip of the barrel to preview the other colors that they offer.

Hope this helps
Old 04-10-2008, 10:08 PM #30
713 Pinoy_PBaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAznInvazn View Post
Ordering
So I placed in a special order for my EOS with my local field, Krossfire, and they were able to get me a deal on it. The regular price is about $389.99 at most internet sites, so that’s going to probably be how much you’re going to pay for it. I waited for about three days, and they said that it would be ready by the weekend (for a total of five days). Sure enough, they got me my EOS, and I was very happy with their services and I will gladly do business with them again!

$389.99?
i bargained mine for $300 at an army surplus even though they were selling it to me for $320
713 Pinoy_PBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:13 AM #31
whispershadow
Player not Marker

whispershadow owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAznInvazn View Post
The liquid carbon problem is only with the older modle EOS's.
My personal EOS is Black and Red, no liquid carbon on mine, so I can't say.
The only colors are black and something and liquid carbon and something, no three color EOS's, unless you want to drop some extra cash for some aftermarket parts, anno, or powder coating.
With mine, well, it is black and red, so I'm not so sure whats up with whats on the SP website. They do have the option above the tip of the barrel to preview the other colors that they offer.

Hope this helps
sorta, its just that the sp website aren't real images. so its really hard to tell what's really what with colors.
whispershadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:50 PM #32
TheAznInvazn
550 for Fighters

01/18/09
Well, now that I've really gotten a feel for the EOS, I am very happy to say that I'm still extremely pleased with my purchase.

After getting some real play time and plently of team practices in with the EOS as my main, I'm quite happy what it keeps up with everything on the field. After purchasing a full FREAK insert kit, and some random mods and upgrades I've put in, the EOS shoots quite well.

The FREAK set help with accuracy and efficiency, getting a perfect paint/barrel match is no problem now
The MaxFlo reg has an amazingly long breakin period, about 8 to 10+ cases. Seeing as I really don't shoot that much, and school takes priorety over playing paintball, I've only gotten about 5 cases through my EOS, and i'm sitting around +/- 5 to +/- 7 fps per shot. I'm positive that this will improve once I get over 8 cases through my EOS, but even with the reg not completely consistant, I can still get paint where I want it

Everything works the way it should, no drop off, no major inconsistancy issues, no major problems with breaking paint, nothing that required major and frequent maintenance. I have no idea why people say that the Ion's and Epiphany's leak from hoses all the time either. I still have all the factory hoses on, and no leaks from them has ever happened.

It's into the New 2009 Year, and I'm still loving my EOS
My next marker is going to be a Bob Long Vice, and my EOS is going to make one amazing backup
Old 07-20-2010, 10:50 AM #33
munchkinman3

hey does anyone no if smartparts went out of business yet
munchkinman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:00 AM #34
jordan_payne09

I have heard that the virtue board for the ion will fit in the eos...does anyone know if this is this true? I have a pretty decked out ion but the eos seems to be like an ion with a bunch of the cons fixed. I love my ion to death but i really really wish it had a BOB. So im considering getting an eos and sticking my virtue board in it. Any suggestions???
jordan_payne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:15 PM #35
Shock18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_payne09 View Post
I have heard that the virtue board for the ion will fit in the eos...does anyone know if this is this true? I have a pretty decked out ion but the eos seems to be like an ion with a bunch of the cons fixed. I love my ion to death but i really really wish it had a BOB. So im considering getting an eos and sticking my virtue board in it. Any suggestions???
Yes the board will fit in a eos
Shock18 is offline   Reply With Quote