Mike199
Planet Eclipse

has been a member for 10 years
Mike199 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Mike199 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mike199 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I Fix Egos

Hi, I'm Mike, and I specialize in working on 05-09 Egos, including the SL66/74/8R/94.

I purchased (and still own) my first Ego in 2007 when I was 17, and I've been hooked ever since. I've been collecting, rebuilding, restoring, buying and selling Egos ever since. I have yet to encounter a problem I couldn't fix with an Ego.

My services include:

Restoring
Have a rare Ego with non-original parts that you'd like to put back to stock? I pride myself in being an amateur historian of Egos, and I'd be happy to help you bring your Ego back to factory condition.

Rebuilding
Have an old Ego laying around in your basement that you'd like to take to the field? Before you do, your gun could use a thorough cleaning, o-ring rebuild, and service to ensure reliable performance. It's also likely that your ball detents - and rammer bumper, if you have an 05/06 - have turned to mush.

Tech Services
Does your Ego have an issue that has you (or even the tech at your local field) stumped? I consider myself an expert on Egos, and I'll stop at nothing to ensure that your marker can get back on the field where it belongs.

I charge $25/hr plus the cost of parts and shipping to and from NJ. I pride myself in communication and provide regular updates along the way, and I always get permission before replacing a high-ticket item like a solenoid, that way you have no surprises. I also provide a shooting video over a chrono to ensure top performance before returning your Ego to you.

Here is my fairly new Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ROFAirsmithing

And here's some of the Egos I have teched and tuned for my awesome customers and fellow Ego enthusiasts:

06 Nexus Ego
This Nexus needed a thorough cleaning and complete o-ring rebuild top to bottom prior to sale. The new owner is thrilled to have this incredibly smooth Nexus.

XSV Ego9
This Ego required a full service and a rebuild of the HPR.

Ego8
Planet Eclipse markers don't require upgrading, as they are near perfect out of the box. That said, this grey/fern Ego8 received a full service in addition to a few tasteful upgrades. A POPs asa handles airing up and de-gassing the marker, while a set of Bump LPR/HPR pistons and a Zick rammer make this Ego shoot buttery smooth.

Ego7
The owner of this Ego7 was told to hang it up on the wall by a Certified PE Tech! I rebuilt the marker top to bottom and got it running perfectly.

05 Ego
This is my personal restoration project. I have always loved this fade and when I saw this shell for sale I knew I had to buy it and restore it back to its former glory. Making Egos whole again, rather than parting them out, is a passion project of mine.

Maniac Ego6
This Maniac required a full rebuild including a new rammer bumper and a new HPR piston.

06 XSV Ego
This marker required a full rebuild and the screws tightening the rail needed to be extracted.

Eclipse Pro Autococker
Though I specialize in early Egos, I am passionate about any Eclipse marker. This autococker needed a full rebuild in addition to a few tasteful upgrades - a Nexus Ram & LPR and an Eclipse rail and POPs asa make this collector piece as fun to shoot as it is to look at.

05 Ego Fade
This was my first Ego restoration back in 2008. I started with a 1/100 red/black fade 05 Ego body and in the end built a wonderful marker... So I've been doing this for a few years.

Last edited by Mike199 : 04-09-2021 at 11:43 PM.
Mike199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2020, 03:52 AM #2
jjrstr8killa
Josh Rice

plays in the NXL
jjrstr8killa plays in the APPA D3 division
jjrstr8killa is Legendary
sending you a pm on fb about a ego7
Old 10-21-2020, 03:38 PM #3
Mike199
Planet Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrstr8killa View Post
sending you a pm on fb about a ego7
Sounds good man!
Old 10-22-2020, 11:08 PM #4
Nathank123

Any chance you have any ego 07 parts around you would part with? im trying to find a set of eye covers, a reg, and an oops for my 07 to get it up and running
Nathank123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:42 PM #5
Mike199
Planet Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathank123 View Post
Any chance you have any ego 07 parts around you would part with? im trying to find a set of eye covers, a reg, and an oops for my 07 to get it up and running
I don’t have all of those parts but I do have some. I cannot PM you though, so would you mind sending me an email?
[email protected]

Last edited by Mike199 : 10-23-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:48 PM #6
Valagrotown

Do you have any spare ego parts?
Valagrotown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:07 AM #7
Mike199
Planet Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valagrotown View Post
Do you have any spare ego parts?
Yes I do. Shoot me an email with what youíre looking for:
[email protected]
Old 11-10-2020, 02:33 PM #8
Figueroale (Banned)

How much you charge?
Figueroale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:33 PM #9
Mike199
Planet Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figueroale View Post
How much you charge?
As I wrote in the post, I charge $25/hr for labor plus parts ans shipping to and from me in NJ.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:31 PM #10
Bakchoy1990

do you sell a parts kit ?
Bakchoy1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:14 AM #11
Mike199
Planet Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakchoy1990 View Post
do you sell a parts kit ?
Yes I do have parts. PM me
Old 01-19-2021, 08:34 AM #12
Mike199
Planet Eclipse

Post Update:

So it's been a little while since the last time I posted. I've been very busy with numerous projects and customer markers.

The Hot Water fade 05 Ego is now working and almost complete. I have a matching barrel on the way for it. All I still need is a matching silver ASA.

I acquired an Alien Interceptor from Planet Eclipse, they purchased it about 14-15 years ago for R&D purposes. Here's the marker when I received it:

And here is the marker now... I need a few more parts and it'll be ready for tuning:

I've also gotten my personal markers ready to go for the 2021 season. The Ego8 has been fully rebuilt. In addition, I've installed a Zick2 rammer, Bump LPR and HPR pistons, a POPS ASA, and a modified Violent deuce trigger. I need to get a thumb screw for the feedneck and she'll be ready to go. After months of tuning, this Ego8 is dialed in, and shoots smoother than an Ego11.
The Vicious Geo1 came in non working condition. After a full rebuild and servicing the solenoid I got the marker running beautifully. I then found an IV Core, rebuilt it, and installed it in the Geo. All thats left is to find a matching POPS ASA for the Geo and she'll be ready for the season.

Here is a midnight Maniac Ego6 that I serviced and it's about to go to a great home in a great collection of Egos:

Here's a Geo1 that I rebuilt, serviced the solenoid, and sold:

Enough of my markers... I have also been busy with customer markers since the fall. At some points, my work space has been overrun with Egos:

Here's a customer Ego6 that I rebuilt. This was a fun one, and with some super trick parts it was a pleasure to tune. This Ego required a thorough cleaning, full o-ring rebuild, HPR repairs, a new rammer bumper, LP hose, and extensive tuning. As a result, the owner now has one incredible shooting classic Ego

And you can see a shooting video if the Ego here: https://youtu.be/u4qjBF-iILg

I rebuilt a few markers for an Ego collector. You're looking at a rare 06 XSV Ego, an 05 Nexus Ego, and and a LNIB Ego6.

The XSV was especially dirty throughout, and used a lot of materials and time to make it spotless again.

The Ego6 was absolutely flawless with less than 200 shots on it and zero flaws on the entire marker... Well, there was a tiny chip on the edge of the feedneck. Fortunately I had a flawless red feedneck which matched, so this Ego6 is once again perfect.

Last edited by Mike199 : 04-09-2021 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:36 AM #13
Mike199
Planet Eclipse

I got in another grey/fern Ego8 with an aurora CCU Kit installed, I had to take a photo with my Ego8.

This Ego was especially dirty inside and needed a lot of attention:

No part or o-ring is left behind, and I always install fresh LP hoses.

I always make sure the marker is completely clean before starting the reassembly process:

Overall, these Ego8s are amazing shooters and a great value!

I got another collection in from an Ego collector. Ultimately the solenoid in the Ego7 went to the SL8R, and the Ego8 solenoid was bad. The owner decided not to replace the solenoids in the Ego7 or Ego8 at this time, and with an SL74 and SL8R you can't really blame him.

Have you ever seen a completely disassembled SL74? Now you have!

And back together again... with a Violent deuce trigger!

Have you ever seen a completely disassembled SL8R? Now you have!

Swapped a good noid into the SL8R.

This SL8R is ready to rip!

Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the Ego9 and Ego11 during the rebuilds.

Last edited by Mike199 : 01-19-2021 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:23 AM #14
Mike199
Planet Eclipse

Update 1/19/2021:

I got another small collection of Egos in for rebuilds, this time an 05 XSV Ego and an XSV SL66 Ego.

I disassemble markers completely, then every o-ring and hose are removed. I thoroughly clean the marker and parts inside and out before installing fresh o-rings and hoses and reassembling.

Here are a few photos of the 05 XSV Ego during the rebuild process:

The body is clean and ready for reassembly.

Going through the trigger, you can see the top thread is still dirty but the bottom thread has been cleaned.

The frame was completely disassembled and cleaned, the trigger was disassembled and cleaned including the set screws. The ASA was also disassembled and cleaned. Then the screws holding in the board were cleaned, and the frame was reassembled.

The rammer housing was completely disassembled and cleaned. Both QEVs were rebuilt (the left QEV was already scuffed, but that won't affect performance). The QEVs are then installed and the whole piece is ready for reassembly.

The LPR was full of sand, and required an extra thorough cleaning... You should have seen inside the LPR body!

When I disassemble markers I clean every thread and every hole so that the marker is completely fresh when reassembled. For an additional cost, I can use brand new fasteners and screws for a rebuild. But most of the time cleaning the screw and fasteners will freshen them up like new. And even with new fasteners, the holes and threads still need to be clean, otherwise what good is it?

Even the ASA is disassembled and cleaned.

Here's the ASA ready for reassembly.

Before.

After.

As I finished up the silver SL66 this past weekend, another Troll SL66 LNIB came in along with an 06 PEVS Ego from a collector. I couldn't miss the opportunity to snap a photo of 4 XSV SL66s together!
The two on the bottom are my personal markers, while the two on top are customer markers.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:35 PM #15
Mike199
Planet Eclipse

Update: 1/30/21

Getting a bit backed up with markers for the 2021 season!

I currently have the following Egos in:

1 05 XSV Ego
4 XSV SL66s
1 06 PEVS Ego
2 06 Origin Egos
1 06 Maniac Ego
1 07 Origin Ego

I will post more pictures of the rebuilds as I complete them. I am shipping the 05 XSV and one of the SL66s back to their owner on Monday, I will post shooting videos here this week at some point.

I did take a picture of the customer SL66s along with my two... I have another Troll coming in tomorrow or Monday, when the silver 66 is going home, so there may be a slight overlap for me to snap a picture of all 6.

Aside from customer markers, I am nearly finished with my Alien Interceptor project, I'm just waiting on one solenoid screw.

I have also completed my 05 Superman Ego and am now looking for a good home for it. I have four other markers in my inventory which need rebuilds and service first:
- 1/25 Avalanche SL74
- 1/100 Blue/black fade 05 Ego
- 06 Maniac Ego (rebuilt, just need to test and tune)
- 2k2 mech autococker
Old 02-28-2021, 09:28 PM #16
geraldpeach1987

Would you happen to have a noid for an 08 in working condition. I'm attempting to build one in remembrance of a buddy I served in the marines with. I have located all the other parts.you can email [email protected] [email protected]
geraldpeach1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:32 PM #17
Mike199
Planet Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldpeach1987 View Post
Would you happen to have a noid for an 08 in working condition. I'm attempting to build one in remembrance of a buddy I served in the marines with. I have located all the other parts.you can email [email protected] [email protected]
Hey man sorry for the late reply on here... We spoke on Facebook a week or two ago regarding buying one done versus building one from scratch. Let me know when you're ready to snag that Midnight 08!
Old 04-10-2021, 02:23 AM #18
Mike199
Planet Eclipse

Update 4/10/21

It seems like a few more months have passed since my last post. In January of this year I became a full-time realtor, and though the year started off at a crawl business has really exploded the past two months. So I have been chugging through customer markers bit by bit.

I had 6 XSV SL66s in my posession at one point, two being mine and 4 being customer markers. 'Twas a sight to behold:

Here are my inventory markers which were in project phase at the time of this photo. The midnight Maniac and Superman 05 Ego are off to new homes. I have an 09 Pink Lady Ego now which will be for sale soon. The Avalanche SL74 I've found to be 1 of 25, and it will be for sale within the next week.

Here's the superman 05 Ego I rebuilt and sold.

The autococker I rebuilt to use for a mech tournament back in March. It's shooting super smooth and is a great budget marker, and it has allowed me to become even more comfortable building autocockers. I will most likely end up posting it for sale shortly to free up funds for other projects.

Here are the front pneumatics before.

Here are the front pneumatics after a full rebuild and polish. The Palmers LPR ended up needing a part that I couldn't get before the tournament, so I ended up rebuilding the stock WGP sledgehammer.

All-in-all, a very fun marker that I built on a budget. I used the CP reg and POPS asa from my 06 Ego project, when for sale this cocker will most likely come with a stock WGP reg.

I always have several personal projects in progress, here are my two sets of twins. I have finally gathered all of the parts to rebuild the Eclipse Impulse and Shocker (I have a CP asa for the Shocker). I also obtained a full stainless Freak kit, I just need a Freak back for the Shocker now.

The 06 Ego is my first Ego and I have installed my favorite parts on it:
There is an 06 Star frame, Violent delrin trigger, Virtue board, CP reg (it was on the autococker when I took this picture), Cure 4 bolt, Stinger grips, Function rammer and spring, and a Hybrid adjustable rammer cap.

I have been building a twin 05 Ego to match my 06 Ego. It has an 05 Star frame, CP reg, Violent delrin trigger, Virtue board, Cure 3 bolt, and a Violent rammer, which is my favorite 05/06 Ego rammer.

If I can find another Violent rammer, I would like to use it in the 06 Ego. I also obtained two sets of Kila magnetic detents. The detents are mainly for the 05 Ego as it's a pain to cut up new detents to fit. But for them to truly be twins, I am trying to use the same parts. I need to get a pair of matching Stinger grips for the 05 Ego too. And I will be sending both frames out for T-Slot milling for POPS ASAs, and both frames will be anodized afterwards.

Always on the hunt, I have also acquired some particularly rare Ego parts in the hopes of finding an Ego restoration project.

I finished up the PEV'S 06 Ego for my customer and began working on his Troll SL66 when he decided to sell the PEV'S. The collector who purchased his PEV'S also bought my Maniac Ego.

Then, while rebuilding the SL66 for my customer he purchased an 06 Maniac Ego from a local collector and an 06 Dark Ego from France. Both markers were shipped to me for rebuilds. Sadly I forgot to take meaningful pictures during the rebuilds of all 3 markers, but here are some videos:

Troll SL66 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz5uiT1pO1M
Maniac Ego - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL0bNO7xlgY&t=1s
Dark Ego - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OtT6gdfgGw&t=1s

Here's the Dark Ego as it arrived from France, it's one of the cleanest Dark Egos I've ever seen.

My customer was thrilled to have all of his Egos back together again, and he took a picture of them all together. They have all been rebuilt by me within the last 6 months, including the PEV'S that he sold.

Rebuilding this Dark inspired me to go through mine and rebuild it. They really are fantastic markers.

Here's a video of my Dark Ego - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNuY0uEjlEk

I have also rebuilt a customer's Origin 07 Ego and another customer's Troll SL66 Ego. Both markers will be tuned and ready to go back to their owners next week.

I also got in a Chronic Ego8 that I fully disassembled, cleaned, and rebuilt.

I'm just waiting on a new barb for the QEV manifold and this Ego8 will be ready for tuning.

I also have a big order of o-rings which should be here by Tuesday. I have another customer's Troll SL66 and 2 06 Origin Egos which are in the process of being rebuilt. I also have my Avalanche SL74 partially rebuilt. So next week will be a big week for testing and tuning.

Last edited by Mike199 : 04-10-2021 at 02:48 AM.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:49 AM #19
Mike199
Planet Eclipse

4/10/21 Update... Continued

Lastly, I have two special markers which are coming in within the next week. Both are part of my personal collection, but will need full restorations.

The first marker is an 05 XSV Ego. Fortunately I already acquired the missing parts for this a few months ago, so this restoration should be a pretty easy one.

The next marker in need of extensive, and considerably more expensive, restoration is this Turbulence Nexus Signature Series autococker.

I will keep this thread updated as I continue to work through customer markers, personal projects, and marker restorations.

Thanks for stopping by,
Mike
Old 04-24-2021, 12:17 AM #20
Ralo

Annual Supporting Member
Do you have any 05 stock grips?
Ralo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:19 AM #21
custar

New Jersey, you say? I have an '07 Ego lasered in honor of the Jersey Devils. It leaks. A tech at the last big game I attended said it needs a cup seal that he did not have. Do you have such a cup seal?

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

WTB Action Markers Diadem

Old feedback
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyGold Ups

Rules for Buy/Sell/Trade Forums
  1. Buy/Sell/Trade here on PbNation at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for any part of any transaction. Never send money or product before a deal is agreed to by both sides and full contact information is exchanged and verified. Do not rely on PM's. If the other party is unwilling to share contact information, then don't deal with them. Please read more B/S/T tips here.
  2. If you feel that you could offer a better deal, then make a new thread in the correct forum with your ad. Never post your item in another user's thread and ruin their chances at selling their gear. Do not post negative comments about someone else's item for sale even about their price.
  3. No flaming at all. Please be polite to both the seller and potential buyers. If you donít like something being sold or the price the seller is asking, go to another thread and simply donít post in theirs. Sellers also have an obligation to be polite to users who post in the thread. If it is a scam or violates our rules, report the post and specify in detail what is improper.
  4. We recommend you always check for new and old PbN feedback as well as the Theft Report Forum before considering any deal here.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins section. Please read and follow the complete Terms of Service and the complete B/S/T Rules as well. Most B/S/T questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ.