Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-19-2021, 01:42 PM #1
drewkroeker

soldering microswitch

Just curious, is there someone on here you guys could recommend for soldering a microswitch? I am planning on building a DM3 with a homebrew box mag. I want to use a Virtue LED board and have it situated in the tupperware container that I'm using as the box mag, then have the microswitch mounted on a dummy board in the frame (either UL frame or regular DM3 frame). I have never soldered such small connections before and I'm worried that I might mess it up. Ideally it would have plugs for easier disassembly. The eye wires would need to be lengthened but I think I can handle that part.

If there's anyone on here who's really good at soldering tiny connections, let me know and we can set something up.

Thanks,

Drew
drewkroeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2021, 05:15 PM #2
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
search your local area for a old school electronics repair shop that does tv's and audio gear. they will be more than qualified to help you out. if you have a tech school near by and they have a electronics program go talk to an instructor and sometimes they may help you out.

most of the cell phone/computer repair shops dont solder unless your near new yorks rossman.

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 03:59 PM #3
drewkroeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
search your local area for a old school electronics repair shop that does tv's and audio gear. they will be more than qualified to help you out. if you have a tech school near by and they have a electronics program go talk to an instructor and sometimes they may help you out.

most of the cell phone/computer repair shops dont solder unless your near new yorks rossman.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try asking at the store where I plan to buy the soldering iron
drewkroeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:22 PM #4
jonotwist
Needs more Enthusiasm!

has been a member for 10 years
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewkroeker View Post
Just curious, is there someone on here you guys could recommend for soldering a microswitch? I am planning on building a DM3 with a homebrew box mag. I want to use a Virtue LED board and have it situated in the tupperware container that I'm using as the box mag, then have the microswitch mounted on a dummy board in the frame (either UL frame or regular DM3 frame). I have never soldered such small connections before and I'm worried that I might mess it up. Ideally it would have plugs for easier disassembly. The eye wires would need to be lengthened but I think I can handle that part.

If there's anyone on here who's really good at soldering tiny connections, let me know and we can set something up.

Thanks,

Drew
Its hard to discern exactly what you need done,
But soldering is quite easy, though it can be intimidating.
the trick is knowing to use the right tip, use flux, and monitor your temps.

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose.
Sometimes it's how many pages you can add to the rulebook."
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:45 PM #5
tbaggin
www.RaptureReady.com

tbaggin is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ive owned a repair shop for cell phones for 15 years, did micro soldering all the time. I could help you out