PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-26-2021, 04:31 AM #1
Knorkator
Mini/Axe/Autococker

Enmey/Extcy Regulator for Autococker

I thought about using the Enmey/Extcy Regulator on my Autocockers. I have a few of them that otherwise are not usable for me.

The problem is the Reg has an integrated overpressure valve that starts purging at ~185-190 psi (this is made to protect the solenoid and 3way in extcy/envy/enmey from Co2 spikes).

This overpressure relieve uses a spring that presses against the output pressure. So if I somehow deactivate this overpressure valve or set the purging point higher with a stiffer spring, i could use it for markers that need 300-400 psi input.

My only concern is that the reg is not designed for this pressure range. On the other hand it is probably made to withstand CO2 pressure spikes that are higher than 400psi.

Maybe someone has more info on this or already tried this out?
GOG Enmey Pro - black, Belsales Evo rf 99 - dust silver, Empire Resurrection - dust black, Empire Sniper - dust olive, Belsales Evo XE2 - silver/orange/gold trifade, Belsales Evo X - gunmetal grey, Invert/Empire Mini - gloss black, System X - Vengeance 4 (or 2 Pro), Empire Axe Pro - dust black
Knorkator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2021, 10:11 PM #2
JCC
Bonusball Master

JCC is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I changed up a regulator off an ION to get higher pressure. New max was 400psi, but was not a good performer. Tossed it in a drawer for few months, needed a spare reg so broke it back out, and seemed completely shot. Could not get it to stop leaking and was creeping on top of the leak. So all in all I would not recommend it. May have better luck then I did. I guess worse case your out a reg that did not have that much value.
Old 04-27-2021, 03:03 AM #3
Knorkator
Mini/Axe/Autococker

A little bit more explanation of what Im up to.

I want to replace the spring (SPR035) with a stronger one.

The c-clip (CLP005) also restricts the velocity adjuster to go beyond ~185 psi so it has to go too.

Obviously i have to watch out not to screw the velocity adjuster out too far (same as with the Black Magic regulator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I changed up a regulator off an ION to get higher pressure. New max was 400psi, but was not a good performer.
I guess you changed the main spring of the ion reg?

Im able to hit ~240 fps at ~185psi so i will probably need around 220-250 psi for usable velocity. Hope the main spring will do the job.
GOG Enmey Pro - black, Belsales Evo rf 99 - dust silver, Empire Resurrection - dust black, Empire Sniper - dust olive, Belsales Evo XE2 - silver/orange/gold trifade, Belsales Evo X - gunmetal grey, Invert/Empire Mini - gloss black, System X - Vengeance 4 (or 2 Pro), Empire Axe Pro - dust black
Knorkator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:07 AM #4
JCC
Bonusball Master

JCC is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I actually just added a spacer to allow more tension on the spring. Even though 400psi was its max I set it to 300. What I found later when it had gone to crap was the reg seat looked awful, and it didn’t before I made the changes. Now it is an old reg, and could of set unused for a decade before I did anything with it. At the same time even running it at 300 instead of 200 is a 50% increase over what it was made for. 50% over designed for load is not a small amount so that may have lead to destruction of seals as well. In the end a $40 used CP reg fit the need much better. Though a hyper 2 is my preferred choice for old good performing regs. Only thing about CP I don’t like is the reg seat being built into the adjuster. I like reg seats you can flip once and then order a new one to have on hand. Not needing a spare just in case on day 1. Especially, since CP charges $20 for spares kit. That is my tangent for the day.