PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-02-2009, 08:53 PM #64
bueno1

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssnoboarder69 View Post
Why is D3 race to 2 when in PSP its race to 4?
In my mind (and in PSP) race to 2 is still 5 man and not xball
?? yes and no, To the best of my knowledge which is not very much PSP had both for D3; a race-to-2 (5-man) xbrawl and a race-to-4 (xball). I'm guessing to try and keep it as two day event based on the number of matches that you 'd have to play??
bueno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2009, 09:11 PM #65
HINGEMAN

HINGEMAN is a Professional paintball player
HINGEMAN donated to help Peyton Trent
The issue is that with the economy where it is not to many D3 teams would be able to afford to to play D3 race to 4. After talking with a lot of California based teams not many have enough players to have 8 or 9 solid guys. I would love to have Race to 4 but i don't think that it would be sustainable.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:00 PM #66
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HINGEMAN View Post
First off i appreciate the fact that you speak your mind without being rude. The issue we had this season is that our "prize sponsors" backed out or didn't live up to there end of the deal. So as we sat at Event 1 with more D4 then D3 teams i made a decision to match the prize money that D3 was getting. This was done to show thanks for the teams at the lowest level and show our appreciation. In hindsight this wasn't my best move. The issue being that we now paid some teams to stay D4 instead of moving up.

For next season in D4 they will get 500 dollar entry fee which if you figure the cost of running a league is dirt cheap. D3 will receive cash and entry fee's. D2 will receive straight cash with PSP entries as an overall prize for the next season.

When it is all said and done the WCPPL has done more then most realize for the players. Before last season how many regional leagues gave away cash? Not to many. Last season we had multiple regional events that gave away more then had ever been given away. As to me needing to profit from the league. This league was originally built to help support my team Aftermath. Even by not making money we benefit by our sponsors getting exposure. When i announced this league there were NO leagues that had announced any plans for the 2009 season and we thought we were doing the best to support this crazy game that we love.

In the end i hope that you guys can play every event there is in all of the leagues. Play PSP, USPL, RPL, SCXL, OSOKO, RIOT, and every other league you can find. But don't forget the only league that is truly built for the players by the players WCPPL. I will not stop until paintball is healthy again and we are back on top.

Mike Hinman
amen
contract*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:22 AM #67
CharlieFox01
A member of the Crew

CharlieFox01 supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:

When it is all said and done the WCPPL has done more then most realize for the players. Before last season how many regional leagues gave away cash? Not to many. Last season we had multiple regional events that gave away more then had ever been given away. As to me needing to profit from the league. This league was originally built to help support my team Aftermath. Even by not making money we benefit by our sponsors getting exposure. When i announced this league there were NO leagues that had announced any plans for the 2009 season and we thought we were doing the best to support this crazy game that we love.

In the end i hope that you guys can play every event there is in all of the leagues. Play PSP, USPL, RPL, SCXL, OSOKO, RIOT, and every other league you can find. But don't forget the only league that is truly built for the players by the players WCPPL. I will not stop until paintball is healthy again and we are back on top.

Mike Hinman
The passion Mike has for paintball is obvious in any conversation with him and in his actions. Thats why any slight however small is taken so seriously, albeit sometimes a bit too serious.

Ballerofthepaint...Sorry to jump on your comment, I probably shouldn't be posting @ 1am. I didn't mean it to sound that bad. Pump players have had some rough times in the tourney world, little to nonexistent prize packages, disrespect from promoters but even with that they have still played and supported leagues. We just love to play this game. To find a league that supports and promotes us is Gold in my book.
Mike Hinman, the WCPPL has our support.
Charlie Fox Crew
CharlieFox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:23 PM #68
Paintballpimp_101 (Banned)

Paintballpimp_101 plays in the USPL
Paintballpimp_101 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
The issue is that with the economy where it is not to many D3 teams would be able to afford to to play D3 race to 4. After talking with a lot of California based teams not many have enough players to have 8 or 9 solid guys. I would love to have Race to 4 but i don't think that it would be sustainable.
this dude right here, is like the martin luther king of paintball. Mad respect.
Paintballpimp_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:27 PM #69
g35x
Pump Player

g35x supports Empire
I hope to see some videos of the pump division!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:26 PM #70
Bhreze
Sexy Beast

Bhreze owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35x View Post
I hope to see some videos of the pump division!
I'm sure that you will... pump always get's love!!!
Bhreze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:17 PM #71
efstyle
SAVAGE

efstyle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Oregon will be in the house for 2010! cant wait lol
Old 12-08-2009, 06:27 PM #72
Bhreze
Sexy Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by efstyle View Post
Oregon will be in the house for 2010! cant wait lol
SWEET... It's a pleasure having you onboard!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:54 AM #73
superst0ck (Banned)

superst0ck helped look for balloons
superst0ck owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
superst0ck supports Team VICIOUS
Make sure you match up Idaho vs Oregon.
superst0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:21 PM #74
jadamowicz
yea, I got your tape....

jadamowicz is a Supporting Member
jadamowicz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jadamowicz plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by superst0ck View Post
Make sure you match up Idaho vs Oregon.
hahahaha...Only if the turf isn't BLUE
jadamowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:27 PM #75
superst0ck (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadamowicz View Post
hahahaha...Only if the turf isn't BLUE
Haha, there's a few guys on our team that go to BSU. Don't let them know you're from Oregon or they'll probably lol @ your ducks. haha.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:58 PM #76
efstyle
SAVAGE

efstyle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by superst0ck View Post
Haha, there's a few guys on our team that go to BSU. Don't let them know you're from Oregon or they'll probably lol @ your ducks. haha.
Im from oregon and ill be the first to say that BSU doesnt get the respect they deserve..but c'mon now, BOTH of our teams had a shot at the rose bowl...get some! lol
Old 12-11-2009, 10:00 AM #77
superst0ck (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by efstyle View Post
Im from oregon and ill be the first to say that BSU doesnt get the respect they deserve..but c'mon now, BOTH of our teams had a shot at the rose bowl...get some! lol
Definately, I loved the thrashing OSU put on USC.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:04 AM #78
Bhreze
Sexy Beast

Alrighty... Can you guys PM each other the rest of your conversation please! Thanks a bunch...
Old 12-11-2009, 12:47 PM #79
d2paintballr
Nor*Cal

d2paintballr plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
are the classification rules going to stay the same? for example, if you were rostered on 6 or more d3 rosters in 09, will you have to play d2 xball for 2010 in the wcppl? thanks!
d2paintballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:02 PM #80
Bhreze
Sexy Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2paintballr View Post
are the classification rules going to stay the same? for example, if you were rostered on 6 or more d3 rosters in 09, will you have to play d2 xball for 2010 in the wcppl? thanks!
The WCPPL 2009 rules were that if a player were for example a D3 player who played in two tournaments in D3 would then be reclassed as a D2 player in the WCPPL in 2010. The 2010 rules will be based off of the PSP with the exception of the top 3 teams/players from each division for the 2009 season will be required to play in the next division up and will be reclassified, UNLESS Mr. Hinman states differently.

Last edited by Bhreze : 12-11-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:43 PM #81
d2paintballr
Nor*Cal

d2paintballr plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
so are new roster will be mixed for next season including guys that played on top teams. can i send this roster with appa #'s to you for clarification?
d2paintballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:13 PM #82
Bhreze
Sexy Beast

Quote:
so are new roster will be mixed for next season including guys that played on top teams. can i send this roster with appa #'s to you for clarification?
Shoot Mr. Hinman that information, but first checkout the "UPPER DIVISION PLAYER ON A ROSTER BREAKDOWN" on the main thread.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:23 PM #83
HINGEMAN

HINGEMAN is a Professional paintball player
HINGEMAN donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
This is a tough question. At some point there has to be a division that people can play in that they can have fun playing paintball and not worry about being forced up unless they are in the top tier of their division. At the same time there needs to be a protected division at the bottom that new teams can play without getting beat on. It looks like D3 will be the new division where teams won't be forced to move up unless they are a top level team. Also that is why D3 is now 550 dollars to play and is more than affordable. The prizes will see cash but not enough to make it worth staying here for years. As for D2 if your team has 8 or more players that are solid why wouldn't a team move up and want to play where the bigger money will be?

On a side note. I believe that with the loss in player info from the XPSL and NPPL from the two prior seasons there were players on the top two or three D4 teams from last season that wouldn't of been able to compete this season if we had there player data. While I'm not "mad" or "upset" with the player data that we have now this will not be allowed.

If you have a roster issue please feel free to PM me and we can discuss your concerns.

Mike
Old 12-12-2009, 03:02 PM #84
adamnewff
CaNt ToUcH DiS

adamnewff plays in the PSP
highest is d2?
adamnewff is offline   Reply With Quote