PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-25-2020, 04:42 PM #1
Psycho_Penguin
AKA Psycho_Warden

has been a member for 10 years
What do you do with your bunkers?

So I play/work at a small field in Colorado. We just got a new set of AirUps, and the field owner is worried about them getting stolen. It's a well founded fear, since the previous owners has their set stolen.

What do you guys do during the week when they're not in use? We currently have a 25 piece set, with the plan to add 12 more shortly. This is the second weekend we've set them up, and on Sunday evening last week, owner took them down, took them home and washed them. But I can't see that as being feasible to do every weekend, as it takes almost 2 hours to get them blown back up and tied down in their original spots, add another 45 minutes when we get the remaining bunkers. Any suggestions to help expedite the process?

Thank you.
Psycho_Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2020, 09:27 PM #2
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Depends on what equipment you have available. If you are set on taking them off the field because of theft concerns why not get a small trailer you can hook to a vehicle to load them on? Layouts change so often anyway that needing to set them up for a weekend isn't really a big deal
Old 07-25-2020, 10:39 PM #3
Psycho_Penguin
AKA Psycho_Warden

Moving them to and from the field isn't an issue, we have a trailer. My concern is the 3 hour set up time.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:15 AM #4
atshii

atshii is a founding member
Set up and take down time is a pain. Especially if you have a slow weekend, having the field up for just a few groups is not very feasible compared to using woodsball field. The amount of work gets very old after just a couple of weekends.

Even if you can leave the bunkers in the field, just blowing the bunkers full after a few days is a chore compared to ease of using woodsball or some other build up field.

A bit of help is leaving the stakes in ground, that way you don't have to think or measure, just get bunkers to the stakes.

If you have active tournament team, you could trade playing time for them setting the field up. But you can bet that people won't be available all the time for that.

Againts theft, having the bunkers printed with the field logo works. Won't help againts vandalism, thought. It might lower the re-sale value also.
atshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:27 AM #5
Camball_16

That’s one of many reasons why there’s not a single blow up on my field. You can find many uses out of people’s unwanted junk to make bunkers, HDPE culverts is the most popular. You can watch paintball videos on you tube and see what other fields use as well. Make sure it’s sturdy, safe, and playable.

Last edited by Camball_16 : 07-31-2020 at 07:31 AM.
Camball_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:37 AM #6
Psycho_Penguin
AKA Psycho_Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camball_16 View Post
That’s one of many reasons why there’s not a single blow up on my field. You can find many uses out of people’s unwanted junk to make bunkers, HDPE culverts is the most popular. You can watch paintball videos on you tube and see what other fields use as well. Make sure it’s sturdy, safe, and playable.
I've been playing for almost 20 years, so I know my way around. We have a hyperball/scrap field, but nobody is going to want to play a real speedball tournament on it. We have the AirUps already, so your advice to not buy them is firstly unwarranted, and secondly not helpful to my initial post.