Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-18-2019, 12:43 PM #1
Schwag123
Dat Dere Celltech Cuzz

Schwag123 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Schwag123 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ID 9/16ths HF valve + mini orracle

Anyone else have issues trying to get this valve in a mini body to shoot over 250-260 without cranking in the IVG about 6/7 threads?

Build:
AKA Sidewinder
AKA SCM3
AKA Lightning bolt
Belsales Evo ram w/QEVs
E2 1.2
ID HF valve
Polished WGP hammer
Springs, don't get me started on springs. (finally found one that would get me to mid 270s)
New old stock mini orracle body/front block/banjo

the valve liked around ~220 psi and was turbo consistent at about 200 fps with IVG flush. If you increased from this point, you would see really erratic numbers over the chronograph

started with stock spring, wouldn't shoot over 250 cranked in
went to a yellow spring, had to crank that in 7 threads to get to mid 270s, which is fine with me, but had to adjust the LPR accordingly. Swapped a red spring for ****s and giggles. At that point, had to increase the LPR so it would cycle to the point it was making the solenoid bleed, so no go with that.

any tips, things i might be missing?
i did see another post with a FLE mini that a guy was having the same issue, and a volumizer was the fix. ugh.
Schwag123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2019, 03:06 PM #2
aclark364
say no to wall hangers

aclark364 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwag123 View Post
Anyone else have issues trying to get this valve in a mini body to shoot over 250-260 without cranking in the IVG about 6/7 threads?

Build:
AKA Sidewinder
AKA SCM3
AKA Lightning bolt
Belsales Evo ram w/QEVs
E2 1.2
ID HF valve
Polished WGP hammer
Springs, don't get me started on springs. (finally found one that would get me to mid 270s)
New old stock mini orracle body/front block/banjo

the valve liked around ~220 psi and was turbo consistent at about 200 fps with IVG flush. If you increased from this point, you would see really erratic numbers over the chronograph

started with stock spring, wouldn't shoot over 250 cranked in
went to a yellow spring, had to crank that in 7 threads to get to mid 270s, which is fine with me, but had to adjust the LPR accordingly. Swapped a red spring for ****s and giggles. At that point, had to increase the LPR so it would cycle to the point it was making the solenoid bleed, so no go with that.

any tips, things i might be missing?
i did see another post with a FLE mini that a guy was having the same issue, and a volumizer was the fix. ugh.
i was going to suggest a volumizer
aclark364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:16 PM #3
Schwag123
Dat Dere Celltech Cuzz

Schwag123 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Schwag123 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I wound up yanking this valve out of the cocker. Could never get it to shoot right in 2 different bodies, one being a mini fighter+ volumizer and the mini orracle + volumizer. Spring after spring, hammer after hammer, sidewinder, 2 liter, maxflo, I got tired of this pos. Went with CCM lower parts kit, no problems at all in the orracle. mQ valved the mini fighter. I like ID's products, but this valve was too expensive for the headache.
Schwag123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 03:01 PM #4
KronicCocker

has been a member for 10 years
I’m surprised you had issues after the volumizer. I believe this valve was designed similar to the tornado valve and I know people often have issues achieving velocity with the tornado without sufficient volume. I too am in the process of building a mini orracle and may go with a shocktech after reading this.
KronicCocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 12:37 AM #5
bracer028

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwag123 View Post
I wound up yanking this valve out of the cocker. Could never get it to shoot right in 2 different bodies, one being a mini fighter+ volumizer and the mini orracle + volumizer. Spring after spring, hammer after hammer, sidewinder, 2 liter, maxflo, I got tired of this pos. Went with CCM lower parts kit, no problems at all in the orracle. mQ valved the mini fighter. I like ID's products, but this valve was too expensive for the headache.
I’ve had the most success with CCM lower kits. The inception ones seem to use harder springs and make it harder to tune.
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:51 PM #6
Simon
INCEPTION

Simon is a Mega Moderator
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon is playing at Living Legends IX
Simon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Simon owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
This is the first I have heard of anyone having trouble with this valve. We use these valves in mini and full body guns all the time, so I am not sure why you would have had issues other than the combination with other parts that are not ours. Were you using our stock springs on the valve and hammer or did you mean the stock Oracle spring?

Our valves are designed to work with our hammer and springs. I suspect the issue may have been the hammer you were using was too light and didn't play well with the rest of our parts.

Our lower parts kit is now coming with a full set of 5 hammer springs to help make it easier to get a working combination even when using with other parts that are not ours.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote