YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yeah they are kinda local to me... hmmm

but they also don't know me at all
Old 05-21-2016, 12:42 AM #401
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

has been a member for 10 years
Hey guys. So random question -

Is there a somewhat classic gun that needs a board? I'm bored and want to design a board, just dunno what gun to go with.

Was kinda thinking E-blade, was kinda thinking DM UL (05 etc), was kinda thinking early marq... thoughts?
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:01 AM #402
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Dover posts videos on PbNation
Dover is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Dover supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
herro everyone.
Yo buddy!!!! TGIF hope you are well in Arkansas there

Orange County Bushwackers SL66 # B0033 ~ Warped Sportz Dark SL74 # D1028 ~ Swamp SLS # S2197

[email protected] J0nEZ "It's not hard to justify unless you simply don't have the money and can't afford it. You can always tell the men from the boys by the price of their toys.
The SL is always the top of the line and the best paintball gun made, every year since it was first released. You get what you pay for and Bespoke parts are full of win."
Dover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:33 PM #403
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post

Is there a somewhat classic gun that needs a board? I'm bored and want to design a board, just dunno what gun to go with.

Was kinda thinking E-blade, was kinda thinking DM UL (05 etc), was kinda thinking early marq... thoughts?
Brandon is online !!!

Orange County Bushwackers SL66 # B0033 ~ Warped Sportz Dark SL74 # D1028 ~ Swamp SLS # S2197

[email protected] J0nEZ "It's not hard to justify unless you simply don't have the money and can't afford it. You can always tell the men from the boys by the price of their toys.
The SL is always the top of the line and the best paintball gun made, every year since it was first released. You get what you pay for and Bespoke parts are full of win."
Old 05-23-2016, 01:35 PM #404
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

Annual Supporting Member
You're late to the game by a year LMAO

There's already the perfect Eblade and Angel boards coming out shortly.

Same with Shocker.

Make a universal board that's simple and small as possible, runs LED, but programmable from phone via BLE.

Make the board so small that it has to fit in a "structural board" that's just there with mounting points and a microswitch to fit the gun of choice (droid, intimidator, etc).

That's basically the only way you'll make it at all in the board world at this point. Nobody's done the universal model yet and making it as cheap and simple as possible so the core board is only $50 flat and each mounting board is only $20-25 flat and that means anyone and everyone can afford to replace the bull**** in their gun with this.

More boards that are the same and the more universally applicable they are, the easier it will be to tune, support them, and provide replacements for in a manner so cheap to you that you can afford to keep the boards around and in curculation for hopefully at least like a decade or something.

That also means whenever someone buys a gun, it ****ing works.
At least from the electronic aspect. I hate that the most when buying guns: knowing imma have to gut the brains and swap em.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:44 PM #405
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Ya, I'm not saying that I want to compete with those guys. Hell, I'm getting help from them. (Some stuff I'm unfamiliar with...)

But, I'm not saying that their boards are perfect. At the moment, I'm not interested in BLE either. I know that's what everyone is wanting, but it's a LOT for me to figure out and a whole new ball game.

I'm thinking that a 'simple' Alias board could happen, though. OLED and computer connectivity? That's not too terribly difficult, I think. And really, is it that easy to find Alias boards? Especially Yakuza ones?
Old 05-23-2016, 02:20 PM #406
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post

Same with Shocker.

Make a universal board that's simple and small as possible, runs LED, but programmable from phone via BLE.

Make the board so small that it has to fit in a "structural board" that's just there with mounting points and a microswitch to fit the gun of choice (droid, intimidator, etc).

That's basically the only way you'll make it at all in the board world at this point. Nobody's done the universal model yet and making it as cheap and simple as possible so the core board is only $50 flat and each mounting board is only $20-25 flat and that means anyone and everyone can afford to replace the bull**** in their gun with this.

More boards that are the same and the more universally applicable they are, the easier it will be to tune, support them, and provide replacements for in a manner so cheap to you that you can afford to keep the boards around and in curculation for hopefully at least like a decade or something.

At least from the electronic aspect. I hate that the most when buying guns: knowing imma have to gut the brains and swap em.
Arduino Eblade project? That screen looks awesome. Wish they would make Marq boards now

Old 05-24-2016, 12:08 PM #407
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

Annual Supporting Member
well, the pain in the *** with the computer-connectable boards is that most people won't spend much time doing that. Why?

Who would bring their laptop to the field? who would shoot their gun near their laptop?

and plugging in, rebooting, etc, etc etc etc, then unplug, reboot, shoot and see, adjust pressures, shoot some more, turn off board, connect to computer, yada yada yada, and so on.

It's like why tuning a cocker is annoying is because of having to constantly remove and replace the cocking rod, etc.

That's why I think BLE is a big deal is because you can just lay your phone on the table and push sliders and everything gets automatically transferred to the board, etc etc etc.

You could beat their ***, however, through designing the board in a way that lets you program as you're shooting it in real time to make tuning fast/easy as ****. No switching menus and ****, just press a button on the board and you can control settings from the phone as the gun is perfectly ready to shoot.

That way you can take a few shots and if it's inconsistent, quickly see if it's because your dwell is too low or some ****.

I think what'd be sweet to see is someone creating custom aftermarket rams with a magnetized section and then sell it with a hall effect sensor that can read that magnetic section as it passes over the sensor on the bottom of the body.

And your board can have an auto-tune feature or a feature that reads and catalogs your shooting and it can tell you when the gun is slowing down from additional wear/stress/lack of lube/etc by pinging your phone telling you that the drag has increased past the X% threshold.

A whole new way of accurately and reliably and minimally maintaining guns properly.

Think about that ****.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:22 PM #408
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

While a closed loop control scheme would be killer, it's not something I'm up to as of right now.

And you're right, BLE is much more user friendly than computer connectivity.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:31 PM #409
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

Annual Supporting Member
might be worth just taking the spot the virtue redefined did.

A super ****ing hardy, sturdy, stupid simple and reliable and consistent board with a strong processor, but not one that's OP as **** and drains yo ****.

with proper color LED organization so that it's easy as **** to memorize.

You can prob get those out for around $50 a pop, maybe a tad less. If that's retail price, you could sell a **** ton of those.

Especially if you made them small enough with a universal mount, you can sell the kit for $69 a pop and it can fit the vast majority of non super mainstream guns and guns from the past.

The same one can easy fit: quest, pre-rx macdev, ICD guns, etc etc etc

Kinda like the SD UTB, except that board was a pain in the *** to use and **** that.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:32 PM #410
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

i like the idea of bluetooth or wireless connectivity to your phone to change settings, that would be pretty convenient. but wouldnt a reliabe tourney lock be an issue?
Old 06-09-2016, 05:43 PM #411
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Quote:

Marq ! And it doesn't hafta be OLED, i would be happy with LED

Can't find Virtue Marq boards

Old 06-10-2016, 11:17 PM #412
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

i think for marq users it would have to come with some nice grips like the virtue did. i like the tadao board in mine but the grips were always too rough and you have to drill new holes in the frame to fit the newer grips.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:45 PM #413
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

July post, hey guise! I donated my Trilogy pump to a team-mate to tune

Old 07-17-2016, 11:16 PM #414
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post

Same with Shocker.

can i get a link to the new eblade board? thanks
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:55 AM #415
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

Annual Supporting Member
Yo so I had a new cocker lower tube electronic valve replacement to MQ2 for the modern age type idea.

1. design a valvebody that has a built in "cage" for the cupseal area with a flat back that has an electromagnet on it.
2. magnetize the valve and valvestem
3. make the valve stem super long. like idk, 2-3" long.
4. likewise, extend the housing for the valvestem to be that long.
5. now wrap a nice tight coil around that entire length
6. oh yeah, place another electromagnetized ring on the sealing face of the valve as well that has a separate wire so it can be controlled independently of the electromagnet on the backstop
7. connect that and the electromagnet to a MOSFET at the back which just has a wire that comes down through the slot for the hammer lug on the bottom tube.
8. basically you control the dwell timing by controlling the voltage to the magnets and that stem has the magnet going back and forth through the coil to generate electricity to offset the draw of the electromagnets.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:56 AM #416
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
can i get a link to the new eblade board? thanks
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=5035089
Old 08-18-2016, 10:52 PM #417
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Yo fellas! Guess ill do a bit of checking in, quit my job the other week and moving in with the gf. It was hard leaving some of my coworkers ive had for 11 years but honestly life was getting a bit stagnant just working all week and only being able to go somewhere or do anything only on the weekends due to us have a long distance relationship. Its weird not having a job when youve worked somewhere that long. Time flys by when you have nothing to do.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:54 PM #418
Bobtheballer
wanabe gunwhore

Bobtheballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bobtheballer supports Ninja Paintball
Been a loooonngg time since I've checked in. Good stuff Rebel. I've been in long distance relationships before, and it was rough. Good luck to you, I know it'll be nicer being closer together.

I've finally collected enough parts to put together a hopefully working Karni, and amusingly in the process also gotten enough parts to almost build 2 Karni's. Just have to get one together and decide what to do with my back block-less body. Might want to sell/trade it off for an 05 Black Magic body to build. I also go back to school on Monday for my last year of college. It's kind of bittersweet.

Bobtheballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:40 PM #419
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Good hearing from you guys.

After taking 1st place 3-Man Pump Div in our local tournament series Event #1, we dropped the ball and only placed 3rd in the second event.

The day of the tourney did not go as planned; we normally try to roster a spare but this event people were busy; one guy had his anniversary, another was working so we went in with three.

On the morning of the tourney, our third team-mate's van broke down about an hour away and could not make the tournament, so we had to scramble to find our 3rd which we luckily did and set him up with a choice of pumps.

The heat was a factor too, playing in 34-35 degrees celcius / high 80's low 90's farenheit ... man my team-mates played in shorts and t-shirts instead of our jerseys

Old 09-17-2016, 11:48 PM #420
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

September greetings y'all !!!!

Won the Pump Division in my local paintball league