Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-24-2003, 08:09 PM #1
ft57

Annual Supporting Member
ft57 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs up RedAkuma's A.C.E. Angel LCD on Warpig!!!

Good job, Andrew!

Here are the links to the article:

www.Warpig.com

click here for the Warpig article

What do you all think about the article?

[Update: for more info, call (888)235-9277 and ask for Jingle the master gun tech at Warped Sportz L.A.]
[Anothyer update: I've confirmed that the price for the ACE mod is only $250. No tax and no shipping charges. I guess they included shipping and tax in that final price. So it really comes out to something like $200 and the rest is for tax, shipping, and handling.]

----Click here for the ACE Owner's Manual info-----

Awesome ACE video by RebelLED!
Quote:
Originally posted by RebelLED
Here is the link.

Click Here for the AWESOME VIDEO!!!!

In MP4 format, uses Quicktime. File is 1.6mb.
Update 9/18. My ACE'ed Speed:

After helping so many friends and teammates turn their Angels into ACE'ed Angel Machineguns, I've decided to get my Speed upgraded with the Warped Sportz A.C.E. Eventhough Warped might already be capable... they're not doing any Speeds yet... I think it's because they're too busy doing the LCDs and IR3s. But now, after weeks of negotiations, they agreed to ACE my Speed for an additional fee. The day after I picked up my Speed, I used it in a tournament and the Speed made me play really bad, I mean horrible! I had so much fun shooting such a fast WMD machinegun that I would just stay in my bunker and MOW the opposition with a solid stream of paint and not have to worry about any ball breaks! This is the first time I've been able to shoot SUPER FAST and not have to worry about ball chops. And of course it doesn't hurt to play in a tournament with a team that's paying for all your expenses, including ALL-YOU-CAN-SHOOT ZAP CHRONIC. That day, I shot over 5 cases of the Chronic and didn't get a single break, not even a break in the barrel! I can't thank the WDP master tech at Warped Sportz (Mr. Jingle Rapiz) enough for this amazing upgrade. Also, thanks to Glen Forster for doing a excellent job of milling my Speed and an excellent job of aligning the InfraRed Eye holes. This ACE actualy looks very clean and makes the Speed look really sharp. There were a crowd of people asking me how I like the Speed, if they could shoot it, or pose with it for some pictures (j/k, I made that up), etc. I cannot describe how happy I am with this Speed Machinegun!!!

Warped Sportz A.C.E. Machineguns
(877) 927-7521
Warped Sport's Master Tech Jingle Rapiz and the Dynasty Repairman
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2003, 09:38 PM #2
IanR
Shoot.Kill.Win.

I wished it went into a little more detail and the pictures were bigger. I would get the ACE right now but I wonder how you would swap your board in the future. Going through WS would be a real pain for me. Can you just unplug the ACE electronics or what? Will service centers still swap boards or do repairs?

Slowly getting back into paintball...
Old 03-24-2003, 11:26 PM #3
smasher41
I'm back!!

smasher41 is a Supporting Member
smasher41 is a founding member
hehe you close my thread ft57, cause i beat ya. wierd, cause i just visited that site for the first time in weeks. I would really like to see better, closer pics of the board modifications.

good review though, im sold on an ace for my 2k, then later if i like it for my fly.

My FeedBack 40 positive feedback!

Member #155 on PBN
Old 03-25-2003, 12:23 AM #4
Beddachedda

Funky trigger...
Smoke HALO B

Bipolar: A sexually flexible bear.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:09 AM #5
ft57

Annual Supporting Member
ft57 is a Supporting Member
IanR,
The ACE mod is just awesome! Call them up for more specific info Warped Sportz L.A. (800)... I can't find the number, I'll get back to you on that later, or you can just do a search in this forum.

Quote:
Originally posted by smasher41
hehe you close my thread ft57, cause i beat ya.
AHAHAHA, no. I knew you'd think that! I posted a reply, thought about merging it with this one, thought better of it, and left it alone. I come back later and noticed that your post got closed!!! I have no idea who did it, but it was prolly closed by one of the other mods/admins.

Quote:
Originally posted by FUNKYcheddacheese
Funky trigger...
I agree, but don't worry, I fixed the trigger. While I had that weapon in my possession a couple of weeks ago, I changed the trigger back to the stock trigger! I tried to fix that huge drop forward and replace it with a Uni-mount, but the SS hose didn't reach the Uni-mount, so I had to leave it alone. I also tried to replace those volumizers with the stock plugs, but I didn't have any extra ones laying around.

update: Warped Sportz (888)235-9277
Old 03-25-2003, 03:03 AM #6
RedAkuma
Respect, give it get it

Annual Supporting Member
RedAkuma is a founding member
RedAkuma plays in the PSP
RedAkuma supports our troops
RedAkuma is Boss
hey but... FT57,

didnt we agree that the volumizers were needed to provided extra air for the LPR?
yes the Dye Turbo trigger is gone....now if i could only find a sexy lady trigger, or maybe one of those silver triggers from triggernomics....j/k the drop is going to be be gone i got the flame drop for free anyway, but i'm going to replace it with the new Warped Sportz "DropKick" just as soon as ft57 can get me one. hahaha

IanR,
Board swaps, your best bet would be to contact warped sportz at that time, should there be the need to do a board swap. Sure you could unplug the ACE but why would you want to?? Any tech service can be performed on the gun without any issues. I'll tell you, the ACE rocks!

p.s.
If you have any questions that I can address, just ask away. as for pics, I will see what i can do.

You can call Warped sports LA at (877) 927-7521

Old Feedback 95 reasons to trust me
Feedback
"Originally posted by firefoxx04: Everything works awesome and just as described, thanks.
This guy is straight business no bull ****."

Nt10,11 Dye, Luxe, Marq, Victory, extra parts all for sale

Last edited by RedAkuma : 03-25-2003 at 03:28 AM.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:55 AM #7
GTRsi
aGG?

GTRsi is a Supporting Member
akuma,
I am sure she is a preformer however are there any plans in the mix to add a little beauty to those silicon wires leading up to the feed area? I was wondering if they could mill out a piece of Al to anno and cover those wires up just for a clean install.

just a thought. I am game for more pics if you got'em

jb
Old 03-25-2003, 08:28 PM #8
JUJU
Eat it BEEOTCHES

Annual Supporting Member
JUJU is a founding member
JUJU plays in the PSP
JUJU plays in the APPA D4 division
JUJU supports Empire
anyone know on cost for that badboy

Contact me on deals for the new Vanquish or Impulse

KW Factory & RIOT Paintball Team

KW Paintball Field Owner
www.kwpaintball.com
Old 03-26-2003, 02:50 AM #9
Ghost Rider70

That was a great article and probably helped sales for Warped. Personally I think that the second they get eye covers over those exposed wires they are going to have to have a LONG waiting period due to the amount of demand. I want ACE on my 2002 which is similar to the gun in the article, Redakuma's, only I have the stock plugs, stock trigger, no snatch-grip (but I kinda want one) and different drop. Anyway thats a sweet gun and I am now seriously thinking about getting ace on mine after reading that article. Hey keep us posted on how that thing holds up and if the performance changes at all.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:12 AM #10
timebomb
RAZALIFE.COM

timebomb is a Supporting Member
timebomb is a founding member
timebomb works for a Paintball manufacturer
timebomb donated to help Peyton Trent
I just got my ACE LCD this evening, and it rocks. Easy to shoot fast and I absolutely love it. My setup: 2k1 Angel LCD, Element Trigger, Gated Feed, 692 14 or 16" DYE Ultralite, and an 88/4500 Pure Energy.

Mike
Old 03-26-2003, 04:14 AM #11
RedAkuma
Respect, give it get it

Annual Supporting Member
RedAkuma is Boss
covers

I definetly see where you all are coming from with your concerns for a cover. And i hope that at some point Warped can address this issue but in the mean time I have no complaints about my ACE. Pics will be are on the way shortly...in the next week or so any particular requests? hey ghost i see your in Nor Cal maybe we can get together and I can show you how sweet this is?

Mike,
So where is your pic of your beauty?

Feedback
"Originally posted by firefoxx04: Everything works awesome and just as described, thanks.

Old 03-26-2003, 05:07 AM #12
timebomb
RAZALIFE.COM

Cool

Didn't get it till around 9 tonight so I will snap some tomorrow

BTW friends of mine has been shot in the eyes a lot as well as sliding around and what not with no problems what so ever. The only way I could see a problem occuring would be if someone deliberately got an allen or something and snagged it from underneath and pulled as hard as possible. Even then I think it would be pretty resiliant to that. People have to keep in mind that the Dynasty guys have been using ACE since before the Atlantic City Open (August '02) without a hitch and these guys play harder then anyone I know.

Mike
Old 03-26-2003, 09:17 AM #13
GTRsi
aGG?

GTRsi is a Supporting Member
Mike and Akuma,
The reason for the eye covers isnt for safety but for asthetics(sp). It would be nice if they could strip away the protective silicon and add a small piece of Al and 2 places t moutn 2 small screws into the body. Howver it still rips.

Akuma,
if we could get some front and rear pics to show the outline of the wires and see excatly how far they stick out.

jb
Old 03-26-2003, 01:46 PM #14
SCM

SCM is a founding member
I saw Dynasty play at both events, and I talked to them at the PSP one. I'm pretty sure they are using IR3's, and don't have an ACE. I didn't see any wires coming out of their IR3, plus WDP would hate that. Having Dynasty say that the COPS doesn't work.

I think all these anti-chop things are a waste. I don't use the COPS. A Evo II hopper feeds 17, and there is suppose to be a board upgrade that will let it feed at 22. You aren't going to chop.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:23 PM #15
r0ar
-

Timebomb get those pics up!!
Old 03-26-2003, 03:49 PM #16
timebomb
RAZALIFE.COM

GTRsi, ah cool, guess it could look better, but right now performance is key and nothing beats these eyes.

SCM, only people who used IR3s were Oliver (when his DYE's angel air ceased to function), Opie, Ryan, and Johnny. All of the IR3s Dynasty guys are using now have ACE or will have it in the near future, Eggo2 may feed at 17bps, but their guns are at 20 with ACE, if you don't think it matters, talk to the Intimidator guys who can put out 20+ with a Halo B

r0ar, pictures: http://mike.pbnation.com/myguns/2k1ace/

Mike
Old 03-26-2003, 04:53 PM #17
Paintballzer
Captain Condom

I have it on my dark i just bought used. But it chopped once...so i dunno whats going on. Could be blow back from the shot right b4 it so when i pulled the trigger it thought it was in ther but cause i was firing fast the air pushed the ball up after i pulled the trigger?i dunno. I know it was a chop cause the bolt had paint on it.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:02 PM #18
RedAkuma
Respect, give it get it

Annual Supporting Member
RedAkuma is Boss
what mode

Paintballzer: did you accidently turn off the ACE by holding down the trigger?
Mike isnt that a 2k?
PSP LA Some of the dynasty players were also shooting their LCD with ACES.
pics on the way

Feedback

Old 03-26-2003, 05:30 PM #19
triggerhappy
All We Do Is Hate....

Mike, that gun is sweet.

www.TagSportz.Com - Best of the Best
www.teamstrange.net
www.strangegear.com
Old 03-26-2003, 05:43 PM #20
Paintballzer
Captain Condom

Nope, theres something wrong...I aired it up and was shooting it w/o any balls in it. Gee what a suprise...a used gun has problems and isn't what its supost to be....
Old 03-26-2003, 06:48 PM #21
timebomb
RAZALIFE.COM

No, if you look carefully at the Swooped breech and area around the feedtube/ball detent there is different milling.

Also it comes standard with the 2001 NiMH battery kit.

Thanks triggerhappy, it's awesome

Mike