PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-09-2005, 08:23 PM #1
netbug

If not micro line.... then what?

I know people have tried cocker micro line and had problems, but has anyone found the specs for the air line used?

AM can sure make a fine marker, but they can't seam to get their act together and sell spare parts on their website. I would like to order a supply to keep on hand for repairs.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2005, 09:33 PM #2
Fryloc
Killa fo rilla!

has been a member for 10 years
What kind of probolems are you having? If the hose won't stay on, maybe your reg is too high, or you need top hats.

If you need parts just email them.

" dude this hk sticker made my gun shoot like 26 bps it was teh shizz" :dodgy:

"I was an instant genious when i started paintball" :dodgy:
Old 05-09-2005, 09:55 PM #3
splattttttt
TRUST NO ONE

splattttttt is a Supporting Member
splattttttt donated to help Peyton Trent
This is what you need,

Priced per foot. Available in quantity.

1/8" Polyurathane tubing (300 psi rated)
Qty: Price: $1 Color: get it here--> http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/catalog/fittings.htm

------- The all NEW Avratech Retro 7 BUY IT HERE -------
((((((( www.avratech.com )))))))

Old 05-10-2005, 06:42 AM #4
Headhunter1
"One Shot One Kill"

i just emailed laura and ordered a couple of feet, it may take them a couple of days to get back to you though, if that dont work just keep calling until someone answers. "the squeaking wheel is the first to get oiled"
Diadem Red/Black Fade, #2778,adj 68/3000,Reloader B,

Visit Team website http://www.tacticalfury.com
PBN Feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=862498
Ebay Feedback: scassociates
.................................................. .........
Old 05-10-2005, 07:53 AM #5
plushdragon

plushdragon helped look for balloons
re:

Have blue web store air soilder has airline that rated higher then palmer if it poping on you.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:08 PM #6
netbug

Quote:
Originally posted by Fryloc
What kind of probolems are you having? If the hose won't stay on, maybe your reg is too high, or you need top hats
I'm not having a problem at this time since I'm still using the line that came from AM. But soon after the diadem came out a few people switched to cocker micro line and had reported problems. It appeared that the routing of the line requires a more rigid line to avoid crimping.

I've added a palmer micro rock and have it set to about the same pressure as the micro rock on my cocker and it never popped off lines, so I don't think I'll have a problem with the diadem. I just wanted to use the right tubing to avoid any future issues.

I have noticed that the stuff on the diadem is very fragile and tends to tear during disassembly. Thats not such a big problem if I have spare tubing to replace it. I may just pick up some of the 1/8" Polyurathane tubing and some of the more standard microline and try both.

Thanks for the quick feedback
Old 05-10-2005, 07:15 PM #7
WinterGS
Sierra 179

WinterGS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ever try Tippmann A-5 hose?
SL91 #5 Darktrooper
Solstice Airsmyth..RTFM
House Solstice...not just a team, a way of life Why?....because we're F'n Rock Stars!
Solstice Speed..faster than you
Powered by Planet Eclipse..We Kill EVERYTHING
UNDERSTOOD
Old 05-10-2005, 08:15 PM #8
APACHEGOD
WHACHA TALKIN BOUT WILLIS

I would have to agree with netbug. Look the dm4 is a good gun. When I bought it the first thing that I got was a rebuild kit. I would love to do the same thing here. Not because I think the guns suck or anything like that its just that if you use these in tournaments then you don't want to worry about it if they happen to have a problem.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:27 AM #9
netbug

I'm still confused why they are not selling a rebuild kit. I'd like to have a few sets of factory o-rings and a backup set of eyes in my toolkit. They could have it on their web site in a day.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:38 AM #10
Headhunter1
"One Shot One Kill"

I agree netbug, i am a web designer and it would not take long at all. you can call lynelle or laura and order several sets of orings and micro line or any other parts for that matter and they will assemble a kit for you that was the first thing i did when i got my new Dits.

Old 05-14-2005, 10:08 AM #11
KennyB

Maybe they're just plain L-A-Z-Y. I was considering a Diadem but after looking at this fourm and their homepage their support looks for crap. Lotta lipservice but no action. Call them, call them... (fart). Keeping these guys at arm's length for sure.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:25 AM #12
boomslang
lo-fi

Calling won't work out so well between March 13-15 because they are at the NPPL in Tampa. However, you are quick to jump to conclusions. AM has been more than helpful in numerous cases, even though they run a small operation. As you can see, Headhunter was helped out right away when he called them. Perhaps you should re-evaluate your assessment of AM. Forums are where tech problems are commonly discussed, naturally there will be an unproportional number of requests for assistance. They are doing a respectable job of keeping up with tech support, even while swamped with the production of the Diadem. I do not appreciate your hasty conclusion, and I hope that in the future you change your mind about the company.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:12 PM #13
Headhunter1
"One Shot One Kill"

"Word" boomslang i have had great tech support from AM and no complaints on my behalf. And not just their tech support but upper mgmt such as andy and steve have had no problem getting on the phone and addressing certain issues. My hats off to AM

Old 05-14-2005, 03:12 PM #14
KennyB

Quote:
Originally posted by boomslang
Calling won't work out so well between March 13-15 because they are at the NPPL in Tampa.
After doing some additional reading on the fourms here and on the AM site I see topics from members about "Are you going your part" and other threads about promoting AM. These are posts from apparently dedicated AM customers.

The question I have is what is AM doing for them? Too demanding to ask that they put together a simple bag of hoses, o-rings, springs and screws, call it a repair/maintenance kit and link it on the AM store? Yet they do it with hats and clearance merchandise. Make no sense.

Too bad I like the Diadem it's a great looking and apparently performing marker but there's more to business than a great product. I wish AM best of luck because with the way they do business they'll need it.

Diadem scratched
Old 05-14-2005, 04:45 PM #15
AirAttack

AirAttack is a Supporting Member
Aight Kenny buh,bye. Would be nice to order parts online though. Much more convient than trying to phone it in.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:06 PM #16
splattttttt
TRUST NO ONE

splattttttt is a Supporting Member
splattttttt donated to help Peyton Trent
You're right Air, adding a parts page would show more interest in support on AMs part. Eventualy they will add upgrades, and that might be what they're waiting for.

------- The all NEW Avratech Retro 7 BUY IT HERE -------
((((((( www.avratech.com )))))))

Old 05-14-2005, 07:30 PM #17
APACHEGOD
WHACHA TALKIN BOUT WILLIS

Regardless of what they are plannig to do they really need to think about the now. IT finally happend to me yesterday. I went to a park that didn't have air. So I said to myself.....self fill up all your air tanks and take them with you so that way you can play for a couple of hours. Got there then blew a hose........didn't have the stuff because I emailed AM and they sent me that metal plate for the trigger but told me to go somewhere else to get the hose?????? What company would do that? Now I have a down gun untill I order this stuff on monday and hope it gets here before friday or I will lose two weekends. I have no Idea what else is messed up, due to the fact that I have no new hose to test out my gun?!?!?!?!? Very upset.

Last edited by APACHEGOD : 05-14-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:25 PM #18
WinterGS
Sierra 179

WinterGS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Apache, find cocker hose or, if available, A-5 Tippy hose! Both should work for you. And if all else fails, Ill send you a foot of it!
SL91 #5 Darktrooper
Solstice Airsmyth..RTFM
House Solstice...not just a team, a way of life Why?....because we're F'n Rock Stars!
Solstice Speed..faster than you