PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-12-2004, 09:00 PM #1
sensitivejock

has been a member for 10 years
Ok. This has to change....

I'm starting to like this Epic thing. But I've got a few negative comments that I'm sure you've heard before....

1. IT NEEDS A VERT FEED!!!!! Come on, man. This is ridiculous. Nobody likes those angle feeds.

2. That reg has GOT TO GO. You know its probably not a bad reg or anything, but it looks dumb (i know looks don't matter, blah, blah, blah) but there are better regs out there also.

3. That chunky block under the grip. Please. They can't be serious with that thing. You should be able to use a drop or a rail like the rest of the civilized world. The macro line going to the reg is not a big deal. And looks better IMHO.

Thats all.

Other than that this freakin gun is great. Here's what I like about it.

1. Small and light. Like a Shocker or a Mag. The single tube design is superior in my opinion.

2. No kick!! Just like a Matrix. Thats freakin cool.

3. No bolt means less wear to worry about.

4. No chops. Also due to lack of bolt. Thats a big one.

5. I guess its built well. Thats another big one. That means less maintainance.

If they just change the three negatives I mentioned this gun could potentially be the best gun in paintball. Other than mediocre gas efficiency, there would really be nothing bad you can say about it.

I definitely think these changes should be made BEFORE this thing goes electro. So somebody tell whats his name to get on the ball and do this thing right before Dumbparts enslaves our minds and turns us into drones. Just a thought.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2004, 12:58 AM #2
ritz
mmmm slurpees

Re: Ok. This has to change....

Quote:
Originally posted by sensitivejock
I'm starting to like this Epic thing. But I've got a few negative comments that I'm sure you've heard before....

1. IT NEEDS A VERT FEED!!!!! Come on, man. This is ridiculous. Nobody likes those angle feeds.

2. That reg has GOT TO GO. You know its probably not a bad reg or anything, but it looks dumb (i know looks don't matter, blah, blah, blah) but there are better regs out there also.

3. That chunky block under the grip. Please. They can't be serious with that thing. You should be able to use a drop or a rail like the rest of the civilized world. The macro line going to the reg is not a big deal. And looks better IMHO.

Thats all.

1. i dont like vert feed, i like good old standard feeds.
2. you cant even see the regulator... how does it look dumb?
3. you can use a drop, but i think a rail is pretty much useless on the epic.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:11 AM #3
sensitivejock

Quote:
1. i dont like vert feed, i like good old standard feeds.
Yeah, but the vast majority of people prefer vert feeds. If it goes electro they really should consider putting it on there because it will probably feed paint a little more consistently at higher rates of fire.

Quote:
2. you cant even see the regulator... how does it look dumb?
I apologize on this one. I thought the grip on the front was a reg. Sorry about that. Is it removable? Because if I bought one I would pull that sucker right off. Thats just me though.

Quote:
3. you can use a drop, but i think a rail is pretty much useless on the epic.
Well, the block under the grip angles the tank down a bit when you screw it in but thats just me being picky. But when you put a drop on it, it drops it too low IMO. I think a better way to do it would be to have a macro line from the tank or ASA to the gun similar to what you see on a Mag rather than use a gas through grip. But then again a lot of people don't care for that either. I just don't like how your stuck having to use that block when you set up your tank. I like to make it as comfortable as possible.

I may end up getting one, anyways. I think they're pretty cool. Its a better design than most.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:08 PM #4
AngelBoy

Yes, the front grip is removable. The reg is inside the grip frame, thats why you don't see it. And I think there might be some issues with the reg and that big block at the bottom somehow. I know the pre-vent reg filters out through it. But I do agree that it's not my favorite part of the epic, but its not that bad.

Pewter Nerve, 45/68 Maxflo

'99 Dark LED
Old 04-16-2004, 11:35 AM #5
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
Ypu have to remember that the pics disgn is a couple years old. Jim has not changed it for a number of reasons. He is going to have a vert feed, but the time for that has been left up to there machinist. Jim wants to change thing on the epic, but he is just not in the position.

The electro will be pretty different from the mech is some ways, but the operation will be the same
The electros will come stock Vert feed and should take normal after market reg.s
the disgn of the epic was good for it's time ( 1999 ) and still is a cool idea for today. back at that time angled asa's were all the rage, having macroline or steel braids was a hassle, and some people liked forgips, some did not. The epic has all this. Angle asa, no hoese needed with a reg biult in the frame, and a removable for gp...ect He will conform it for today, bit im's company is so small it takes longer then normal.

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.