PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-28-2006, 09:06 PM #547
Iram
Part time grammar nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainytearsforever View Post
sorry to bother but umm how much of the threaded pipe did you cut off...

i think home depot sells it by the inch for about 3 bucks ??

just curious..

i just got one of these select fires and i hated it day one..
its all stock unlike my other 5 cockers and well when i first shot it.. it didnt shoot fast at all... i walked it and everything and it was no bueno... i used a 12 volt revy but now i have a egg on it and am dyin to use it again. im awaiting for some palmer stuff.. i put a chome staby on it just need a rock on it now...

but ummm yea how much did you cut off.. id love to know.. thanks ohh did you cut off or add anymore to the top screw.. any adjustments to that one... ???
It's not threaded pipe, it's just a setscrew. I adjusted the top screw back a bit, but it's the stock screw. The bottom screw is aftermarket via Round's TrueValue Hardware. Just took out the old screw and installed a new one.

Still, even with the screw adjustments, the Trilogy SF frame isn't anywhere near as nice as the trigger pull on the E1 I put on my old autococker.
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2006, 10:10 PM #548
rainytearsforever

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNDiFiNiTY View Post
yea if i get da micro rock can i still get the eblade adapter???

yes...
rainytearsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:31 AM #549
Kaiman

Right - I managed to fix my Trilly sport. i put on a PMI pure energy reg, and a lightning delrin bolt. it seems ot work at about 480psi. And I can get out about 285 fps on it. The gas efficiency is quite alright. Much better than I thought it would be. Also added a Red dot ionz sight on it, and it is amazingly accurate. i can shoot targets at about 50 feet away. No problem. and it is dead accurate with almost no kick at all.

The sport is definately the way to go for easy upkeep and for quick upgrades. It just needs some new grips and a trigger stop, then it will be the bomb.

O yeaah and for the cheap o's like me....I managed to put on some VL grips that fit perfectly on this marker....and they are rubber fold around grips not just panels like the stock grips. And they are super comfortable and super cheap.

Last edited by Kaiman : 01-05-2007 at 05:35 AM.
Kaiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:57 AM #550
SpLaT-NiCk113

just wondering any1 kno any good sites or a good place to get an e1 and if not an e2?
SpLaT-NiCk113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:01 PM #551
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

SpLaT-NiCk113: Check eBay. There are always good deals on e-kits.

Virus_Nyne: I've got some new and random info for you. I'll give you a little story. I hated the stock LPR on my Trilogy Sport. I've been playing for over eight years and it is by far the worst excuse for a decent reg. The pressure is set WAY too high. Well, I have me a Mini Max-Flo and decided I wanted to rig it to my Trilogy, but I didn't have any money to buy an adapter. My CP Reg has two guage slots, so I decided that would work fine to place the Mini Max-Flo.

But what about plugging the old LPR spot? Ends up the volumizer on my old Silver Bullet fits perfectly. Leterally perfectly. The threads screw all the way in, the o-ring seals, and it looks pretty good.

...But, the volumizer off of my old Spyder Compact B model didn't fit well. It threaded, but not all the way. So I guess it depends on the specific tolerances. But hey, it's pretty neat.

The volumizer and a lighter hammer paired together gave me about 2300 shots (rounded up to include misfires and such) off of a 68ci 4500psi tank on wednesday. So it's definately a worthy upgrade/mod/whatever you want to call it. By the way, the rest of my gun is bone stock (ups comming soon, but no matter how you look at it, that's damn good efficiency. I have three witnesses.)

I'll post some pics soon (hopefully by the end of the night).
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:34 PM #552
kit352

what hammer are you using and did you use different springs.
kit352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:49 PM #553
magunit420

how do i turn the anti chop eye on and off?
magunit420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:34 AM #554
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit352 View Post
what hammer are you using and did you use different springs.
Stock springs and an Eclipse hammer (I believe). I got the hammer from someone in the AO pay it forward. The hammer weighs about half the stock one, literally. That paired with a volumizer is unbelievable. I couldn't believe the efficiency myself!
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:24 PM #555
Wembley

I've read everything here and am a little confused about HPA with the trilly sport. Does it need a reg to run HPA or can I use a tank with 850psi output as-is?
Wembley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:40 PM #556
Iram
Part time grammar nazi

You can use a 850 psi output tank without problems on the Trilogy Sport. The sport was designed to be run off of ~850 psi CO2 without an inline regulator. Giving it 850 psi HPA will work fine, and should be a bit more consistant than running it off CO2.

Adding an inline regulator to the Trilogy Sport would increase your consistancy though, regardless of your choice of gas.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:32 PM #557
Wembley

Would I notice much of an improvement using HPA without a reg on my sport (with pump kit, so a max of 3bps) over co2 and x-chamber (current setup)? I'm not opposed to spending money on it, but I'd like to keep the costs low as it's my backup to my phantom.

Edit: Would a 800psi output or 850psi output be better?

Last edited by Wembley : 01-07-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:22 AM #558
Iram
Part time grammar nazi

Yeah, you will. CO2 pressures very from about 400 psi to about 1400 psi, depending on the temperature. The output pressure from the HPA tank will vary from (at most) 800 psi to 900 psi.

All HPA tanks used in paintball have a regulator built into the bottle, so you are getting an improvement in consistancy from that. With most good regs, you get about a 1 psi change in output pressure per 30-100 psi change in input pressure (depending on the reg). So, the output of the tank will vary as you empty it, but it won't be anywhere near the difference you will get between chronographing CO2 early in the morning and then checking again mid afternoon (once the weather's warmed up by 30 degrees). Most people put a second regulator on their markers to further increase consistancy (and reduce pressure). With two regs, you'll see a net output change of around 1 psi per 250 psi change in input pressure on average, which will result in a much more consistant setup than just one regulator.

As for 800psi vs. 850 psi, you won't notice the difference.

EDIT: Just as a side note, if you plan on monitoring you're pressure fluctuation with one of those little gauges you can buy at the local paintball shop, keep in mind those gauges tend to be off by about +/-10%.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:21 AM #559
Wembley

Thanks for the help. HPA it is.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:00 PM #560
pyro2go

i have a trilly sport that i run on hpa. right now it has a reg on it, but i used it for a while with just the gas through, and it definitely did better on air than CO2. pretty consistent for what it is. even a cheap reg will help you get more shots per tank (without it, it starts to cut out at around 1100psi, with it more like 500.)
Old 01-15-2007, 12:39 AM #561
oldschoolkid89
look in the barrel

NEW FIND GUYS!!!! or at least i think it is.
Spyder barrels have the same threading as the mech trilly pro tips and require only slight modification to fit (see the link to my gun in my sig for pics and simple explanation)
If the first thing u would grab in a fire was al ur paintball stuff put this in ur signature
If your parents dont pay for ur paintball stuff, put this in ur sig
oldschoolkid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:23 AM #562
The Janitor
Don't scare the KITTY!

What should be the first upgrade from stock to Tri Pro?
The Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:47 AM #563
Iram
Part time grammar nazi

Well, first upgrade really depends on what you want it to do better.

First thing I did for my trilogy was a barrel kit (tired of roll outs), followed by a clamping feedneck (tired of hopper shake). If you've got a mech trilogy, you don't have the same options I had for the feedneck, but it is still possible to replace. Also, if you don't like the fact that you can't shoot fast, look at an eblade.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:52 PM #564
Aztec Pumper (Banned)

Can the trilogy sport turned into a pump or no?

Thanks.
Aztec Pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:32 PM #565
oldschoolkid89
look in the barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec Pumper View Post
Can the trilogy sport turned into a pump or no?

Thanks.
aye
If the first thing u would grab in a fire was al ur paintball stuff put this in ur signature
If your parents dont pay for ur paintball stuff, put this in ur sig
oldschoolkid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:35 PM #566
Iram
Part time grammar nazi

AztecPumper, you can turn a trilogy sport into a pump, but you don't use a normal autococker pump kit to do it.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:27 PM #567
MisterBones25

i just bought (ebay) a green trilogy sport and threw a pmp pump kit on it. im happy with it except i cant get the velocity over 250. im useing unreged co2, and the ivg is turned all the way in. i didnt test it in semi to see if it did the same thing, but i assume it would. do i have to buy a madman spring kit and respring it to get the velosity up? or am i missing something?
MisterBones25 is offline   Reply With Quote