PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-08-2005, 12:06 PM #1
Virus_Nyne
Cute & Fuzzy

Trilogy Facts

THIS STICKY ASSUMES YOU HAVE A BASIS ON COCKER WORKINGS. This should answer all Trilogy questions, if not, PM me and your question will be incorporated in here with your name added at your option.

Buying a Trilogy

The Sport has a blue anno, the Competition(Comp.) has the red/black, and the Pro is the silver/purpleish.

Pros:
1. Trilogy costs less.
2. Trilogy is easier to maintain, it got rid of some of the features nobody used.
3. Trilogy shoots exactly like a traditional autococker.
4. Trilogy is much lighter weight and stronger than the traditional autococker(single body).

Cons:
1.Special mounting equipment is needed for a traditional LPR, and an e-frame's solenoid. Discussed later.
2. Less upgrade options available at the time.

If you want to know which Trilogy to pick, always go with the Comp. or Pro. The Sport, decent in its ways, you get alot more when you go Comp. or Pro. Pro is the best of the 3 stock, unless you woodsball then your anno will give you off.

You will get better everything for the extra 20-30 dollars for the Comp., 80 dollars more for the Pro. You will save alot of money in the long run, by paying more up front. This is true when you up to the Pro, even more savings for you.

IMO= in my opinion, you'll just have to try it for yourself.

Advantages of upping to Comp. from Sport:

Regulator from Gas Through
Better valve operation - made more for HPA, but handles CO2 well.
Better barrel
Better grips(IMO) - not just panels, they wrap around

Advantages of upping to Pro:

Angled regulator(IMO)
Grips(IMO)
Trigger Frame(it's full sized) - 2 finger, not 1 1/2.
Delrin bolt
3 piece barrel system - to get a better ball to barrel match.

Air Source:

The Trilogy will work on CO2 or HPA. If you must use CO2, then have an anti-siphon tube installed. If you can't, marker freeze, shootdown, and inconsistent velocity result more often.

HPA is reccomended. All of CO2's problems are corrected using HPA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Acumen
The marker runs around 300psi and an LP tank puts out around 400psi. The general rule of thumb is that you want at least 150psi more pressure going into the regulator than the regulator is putting out to prevent starving the marker of air.

300+150= 450
450 > 400psi preset

You could probably get away with an LP tank for a mech marker, but again, that tank would only work on low pressure markers. So any markers running above 200-300psi won't be able to use the tank.

Upgradeability:

Trilogy Pump Kit Thanks to MagFan.

shadow102(PbNation) discovered the pump arm is not standard length. As for now, we have no replacement pump arms. The ram is mounted farther back on a Trilogy.

You cannot upgrade the 4-way. You can put a TechT adjustable actuator rod on there(see Timing).

You cannot put a front block on a Trilogy, because it doesn't exist.

You cannot put any new LPR on the Trilogy, you may put a Palmer's Micro Rock custom made for the Trilogy on there. TechT and Planet Eclipse manufacture adapters for new LPRs.

The valve is not the same as any cocker valve. This goes for the valve spring as well. Palmer's makes a new valve for the Trilogy, benefits are unknown, but here's an image. Search Palmer's Pursuit Shop's website. It is labeled the Trilogy LT valve.

Some rams will fit:
STO
KAPP Fat
Hybrid Half Pint
Shocktech
Extreme Rage

The Nexus will need some sanding of the nut at the end. We've been told the MP-4(WGP) won't work. Thanks to Loncove(PbReview, PbNation)

The stock ram is removeable, but in the following steps. First, remove all hoses. Then, hold a lighter to the body area where the ram bolts on. This will melt the loctite, and if your annodizing stains black, it will easily rub off. Twist the ram in a little bit more, and remove the rear barb using the proper tool. Now your ram is freely removeable. Replace barb after installing ram again. If your barb runs into the body on any ram, just remove it, install the ram, then put back the barbs. Finger tighten it. Redirect hoses as necessary.

Trigger frames are 100% compatable. Some may require buying the TechT actuator rod - it hasn't been confirmed but people quit asking once it is suggested.

The Trilogy has a cocker threaded barrel.

The feedneck is not removeable. Trinity makes a slip over design for the stock feedneck.

Merlin mQ valves shall fit. Shifty_P(PbNation) reveals this.

FIRST UPGRADES Never you mind the parts that can't be upgraded, everything else holds true.

Timing:

The only aspect you cannot time the Trilogy in is the actuator rod - in it's stock form. TechT Paintball produces the first and only(as of 6/28/05) adjustable rod. Link.

Your cocking rod may not be adjustable, simply because you may get one with the threading locked really well. Deal with it by buying a new one.

Cockertech.com has a 14mb video, and an article on how to time.

Electro:

There are various mounting brackets for any cocker e-frame. TCPaintball, and Planet Eclipse are the 2 known.

TCPaintballbracket made. Ordering information is in the first post in this link.

Eclipse-made eblade adapter(search).

Cycle/Firing Rate:

AS FAST AS YOUR FINGERS WILL MOVE. Which is probably 6-8 bps.

If you electro your Trilogy, it will still move as fast as your fingers can. The ram may need to be upgraded to accomodate higher speeds, and QEVs/TRVs should be added.

LPR and Inline adjustment:

The LPR is adjustable. Remove it, look in the back, and you should see a screw. Twist inwards to lower pressure, and back out to raise pressure.

The inline regulator has a groove at the bottom, take a wrench and wrench if off, at the sake of alot of scratches. There will be your screw. Turn it inward to reduce pressure, opposite for the increase.

You should only try adjusting these if you use HPA, and you know what you are doing.

And reliability:

These markers for the price are very reliable. Don't be fooled by anyone who says otherwise. I have shot all 3 - I can tell you they work very well. They shoot as far, if the velocity on all markers were at a perfect 280, and they are VERY accurate, for stock. Anyone who says elsewise, is either a "cocker snob" or an idiot who hasn't done their research.

Guts
joeh(PbNation) has given us an image of his Sport torn down. Shifty_P(PbNation) edited the image with numbers, and has provided a list of all the items. Edited for size.

1) Barrel
2) Barrel O-ring
3) Ram Housing
4) Ram o-ring
5) Ram Back
6) Ram Rod
7) Pump arm
8) Bolt
9) Bolt o-rings
10) Pull Pin
11) Ram Barbs
12) Body
13) Back Block
14) LPR Housing
15) LPR o-ring
16) LP hose guide
17) LPR Internals
18) Beavertail Screw & Washer
19) Beavertail
21) Valve Spring
22) Valve
23) Valve o-rings
24) Hammer Lug
25) Hammer
26) Hammer Spring
27) Internal Velocity Adjuster
28) Cocking Rod
29) Internal Velocity Adjuster o-ring
30) Actuator Rod
31) Actuator rod o-rings (the other one is still on the rod)
32) Gas Through Grip
33) Gas Through o-ring
34) LP hosing
35) Trigger Frame
36) Trigger Frame Screws
37) Valve retaining screw
38) Bottomline ASA Screws
39) Air Source Adapter (ASA)
40) Grip Panel Screws
41) Grip Panels
42) Bottomline

Updated 3/15/06.

Mobile, AL's only stock class player, apparently.
Why dump paint, when you can use it to tag someone?

I'm PayPal Verified and +2/0/-0.

eBay Feedback

Last edited by Conqueror : 07-09-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Virus_Nyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2005, 12:22 PM #2
r37r18u710n

has been a member for 10 years
r37r18u710n is a Forum Captain
Very nice man. Belongs in the Mech 'Cocker Forum FAQ.
r37r18u710n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 01:26 PM #3
DeathByBowtie
Llama boy!

One point: Trilogys don't have gnomes. Most WGP cockers are made in the USA, where Bud Orr can personally oversee the gnome installation process. Trilogys are made overseas, so Bud doesn't allow gnomes to be installed because he can't oversee the installation personally. They might have a substitute or something, but definitely not genuine gnomes.

Also, I've been told something about limited ram upgradeability on the Trilogys. Something about the ram sitting really close to the side of the body... I'm not entirely sure.

Other than that, this thing looks pretty spot on. Good job

Originally posted by dr.strangelove: "Most people enjoy fecking with 60 buttons, dip switches, hold the trigger, stand on your head, tap your shoes three times and repeat "I wish my dwell was 12" type boards"

MySpace

Last edited by DeathByBowtie : 05-08-2005 at 01:44 PM.
DeathByBowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 01:42 PM #4
r37r18u710n

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByBowtie
One point: Trilogys don't have gnomes. Most WGP cockers are made in the USA, where Bud Orr can personally oversee the gnome installation process. Trilogys are made overseas, so Bud doesn't allow gnomes to be installed because he can't oversee the installation personally. They might have a substitute or something, but definitely not genuine gnomes.

<3
Old 05-08-2005, 02:12 PM #5
smokythepyro
i love the 2nd amendment

nice job u nailed the sticky. but no matter what you do peopoe are still gonna make more useless threads about trilogys.

Some Gear for Sale
smokythepyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 02:46 PM #6
Virus_Nyne
Cute & Fuzzy

Hope this helps at the very least smoky.

And yes, the ram has a limited amount of space, but I covered how to properly install one. You can't even unscrew them as they are on the Trilogy, you must remove the rear barb.

And yes, there are Gnomes, he puts them in before they are packaged with the DVD, barrel condom, and weak instructional manual.

eBay Feedback
Old 05-08-2005, 03:08 PM #7
A2TheRizzo

Very nice..I am now starting to appreciate Trilogy's some more.

"Originally posted by The Dread Pirate: You could have called your team "Team Duke Lacrosse" and had the same slogan."
A2TheRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 03:37 PM #8
Psycho Acumen
AKA Jeff

Psycho Acumen is a Supporting Member
Skimmed over it, I liked the formatting and the information was pretty good. But we all know me and with that said... In the section about Air Sources, with the co2 and consistancy... My friends bone stock Outkast is running a normal co2 (no antisiphon) and generally gets +/- 5 over the chrono which isn't that bad at all. <3

Also, as far as the Gnomes go... I'm certified as well. I have the certified form as well.

Last edited by Psycho Acumen : 05-08-2005 at 03:44 PM.
Psycho Acumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 04:28 PM #9
Virus_Nyne
Cute & Fuzzy

That is an OutKast, with a traditional cocker valve and probably a better spring set than that comes with the Trilogy. I think the valve spring is also longer on the Trilogy.

Okay, so now we need a list of who is a certified Gnome tech? Heh.

eBay Feedback
Old 05-08-2005, 05:15 PM #10
Freekshow
Team Freekshow

Pic of my Trilogys Internals to add:
Old 05-08-2005, 06:50 PM #11
Virus_Nyne
Cute & Fuzzy

Ooh, thank you. That's going in the sticky. I've never seen a Trilogys guts, muahahah!

eBay Feedback
Old 05-08-2005, 07:38 PM #12
DeathByBowtie
Llama boy!

That's an enormous valve spring. I knew they weren't the same size as normal cocker valve springs, but wow, that's a biggun.

Originally posted by dr.strangelove: "Most people enjoy fecking with 60 buttons, dip switches, hold the trigger, stand on your head, tap your shoes three times and repeat "I wish my dwell was 12" type boards"

MySpace
DeathByBowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 07:46 PM #13
Virus_Nyne
Cute & Fuzzy

Just as I figured, and I'll explain to you why. The spring goes all the way from the valve to the adjustment screw on the LPR.

eBay Feedback
Old 05-08-2005, 08:03 PM #14
paintthecatBLUE
white dragon

someone explain... wtf are gnomes?

and yeah, i dont think that trilogies are all that bad. obviously if youre going to be playing tournaments they are bad, but then again i dont think anyone would use a mech cocker in a serious tournament unless their main gun broke and that was their backup. mech cockers can only go so far, this is still a paintball gun and if it works and you are shooting good paint that matches your quality barrel, the balls are going to fly straight and break on impact just like they would in any other gun that costs 10 times more. and i hate when people who have never owned or even seen or held a trilogy say it sucks so bad, and its even worse when people are talking like that and they have a spyder or something...
paintthecatBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 08:20 PM #15
Virus_Nyne
Cute & Fuzzy

Gnomes are all that makes the autococker work. When installed correctly, they sit in on the valve pin until it is aired up for the first time. They ride in the HPA/CO2, and reach their designated area, keeping the cocker in perfect cocking order as best as they can. Of course, they need your help as well.

eBay Feedback
Old 05-08-2005, 08:23 PM #16
Psycho Acumen
AKA Jeff

Psycho Acumen is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Virus_Nyne
Gnomes are all that makes the autococker work. When installed correctly, they sit in on the valve pin until it is aired up for the first time. They ride in the HPA/CO2, and reach their designated area, keeping the cocker in perfect cocking order as best as they can. Of course, they need your help as well.
Couldn't have said it better myself. //bows before you//
Old 05-08-2005, 08:28 PM #17
Samtheman
Sam I am

my gnomes are tired or dead. I need to uprade to pixies or something better like a tinkerbell package.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:29 PM #18
Virus_Nyne
Cute & Fuzzy

No....no....!!!!

Pixies(faeries) are made for Angels. You would have to buy an Angel, and then you would just lose cool points. Support the Gnomes, not goblins, not faeries, but Gnomes.

eBay Feedback
Old 05-08-2005, 08:32 PM #19
Samtheman
Sam I am

oh thanks, I'm getting my magical creatures mixed up again.

GO GNOMES !!!

Gnomes RULE!!

just sopporting the gnomes
Old 05-08-2005, 08:52 PM #20
r37r18u710n

• Gnomes = WGP 'cockers
  • Fairies = Angels
  • Pixies = Timmys
  • Goblins (let it be known that they're evil) are Sys X

Of course, nothing beats Gnomes.

What are they? The heart and soul of a 'cocker. They're what makes them more accurate, more consistant, more efficient, and over all better than any other gun out there.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:58 PM #21
Samtheman
Sam I am

I'm so sigging that chart