*You are responsible for every update, whether it is announced or not. We assume that you read these rules everytime you post*
Simple rules, just follow them and you won't be banned.
Each rule can be broken by varying degrees. Flaming may be very little, or very noticible. Due to this, we lose the aspect of consistancy during the enforcement of rules. This is solved to let the moderator have a final say in what is fair. Moderators are chosen for their judgement, so we're going to have to use this judgement in order to fairly enforce the rules. I will make a gauruntee; you should get at least one valid reason why your thread was closed
. If not, we'll reopen the thread or help you get help. A closed thread is a warning; if you remake a closed thread without permission, you will be banned, period.
1) This is "PAINTBALL
Talk" if a thread is better placed elsewhere, specifically gun threads, they will be closed. We have hopper, air systems, masks, etc forums, use them. We don't want this place cluttered. If a thread that seems like it is paintball related, but is related to another topic, put it in Small Talk.
2) No flaming
. We want PBNation to be welcoming to new members, as well as supportive. We can't flame, neither can you. The fad has been "2k5er" and calling people "newbies" by their join date. Guess what? None of that matters. We're going to start including this as flaming.
3) No spam. Spam can be advertising, or it can be pointlessness. Either way, we will ban you. PBNation makes their money by advertisers that pay PBN. If you want to get noticed, rent a banner from PBNation (email CS@PBNation.com
). Randomness can also be considered spam. Porn spam is also bad. If you post in a thread with pornography and give advice, support, cheer, and perpetuate the porn thread, you will be banned according to the moderators judgement. What you may think is not supportive, a moderator might. Best bet, don't do it. This is refferred to as "PIPT" or Posting in porn thread, and thats what will show up in the reason at your ban.
As far as "Would you buy this" threads, they are fine. You can't mention prices, where to buy, or PMing people. They use to not be allowed at all, we're going to be strict with this.
4) No cheating the swear filter. This includes ANY words in the swear filter for ANY reason. Whether it is a swear or not. There are plenty of spam websites that are blocked, don't break the swear filter, it is an automatic ban. F*ck would be breaking the swear filter, believe it or not. Since this is an educational thread, I'll choose not to ban myself.
No 'Marker vs. Marker' type of threads. The "which should I get
" or "should I trade this for that
" type of threads are over redundant. The answer is always the same, PERSONAL PREFERENCE
. That answer shall never change. And if you want to have a good read, check out this WHICH MARKER TO GET!
If you want to know wich one is better do your own research and make your own conclusions. Go to a shop or feild and shoot one. Whatever one feels better to you is the better gun. This also includes any "____ vs ____" threads, Rate my gun, Wich gun is cooler, whether pinning up markers, pants, masks, etc. - Okay, there seems to be a problem with people understanding this rule. If ANY mod thinks your thread may even slightly relate to this, they can close it. They don't need to explain how it relates to this rule. No argueing. This goes for ANY type of thread. Comparing anything, whether be decisions or items, your thread will be closed.
I tried to let this be only a suggestion, but seeing the flood of all these threads again I'm having no choice but to make it against the rules again. When there's 10 a day that's too much and unnecessary. First time I'll just close. If you make another then you will be banned.
6) No sharing illegal bootlegs/pirated software for copyrighted videos. A lot of people don't want to pay money for that new paintball movie, I'm one of them. Either find out on your own, or don't watch it, we can't endorse illegal activity.
7) "Upping" a thread is allowed in the B/S/T forums. NOT
in PbTalk. It will result in your thread being closed. An "Up" includes any post that isn't a response to another poster. If you need to add something, then EDIT THE THREAD.
8) "Make me a logo" or "Logo Contests" will no longer be permitted. And if "But 0MG i ne3d a log0 4 my team", then go to a design company. They will charge 5-10 bucks for a great logo. This now extends to any contests that offer a reward, take that to the b/s/t.
9) Using multiple enters is no longer allowed. People are tired of scrolling through 3 feet of post just to get to the next one. We'll set a limit of 5 spaces. Anything more than 5 will be edited. If we feel it is necessary, we will start 3 day bans. By "spaces" I mean enters, I really don't know what to call them. If it is a part of the post format or something, it's fine, but if you take up so much room just to write "not" or
, we'll take action. Penalties will result in how many spaces you go over the limit.
10. We are no longer allowing support threads. The reason why is because if 1 gets started, someone will start a new one for their agenda, we end up with pages of support threads, and they get really tough to moderate, especially because flaming always results. This includes fan clubs.
11. Need some advice, information, etc.? http://www.pbnation.com/search.php?
. We will close all threads that have been previously posted recently. Using "I'm not a supporting member" or "Search is broke" is not an excuse. Pay the one time fee of 12 dollars, or wait, either way, your thread will be closed.
12. Don't be a grammar nazi. Don't point out every mistake someone makes. On the other side, don't type like an idiot. If you want a response, take the time to ask neatly and nice, and someone will take the time to answer it. If a moderator can't read a post and understand it the first time he or she reads it, it will be closed.
13. In a thread and want to talk to one specific person about something that's off topic? Use a PM
. Private Messages are there for a reason as well. Don't clutter somebody's thread with your conversation to somebody else. Take it elsewhere. Because if I see too much cluttering, I'm just going to end it and you'll be forced to use to PM. So do it voluntarily.
14. Don't post in all caps. It's annoying to read to some people, and it looks like you're pissed off even if just asking a simple question. So keep Caps lock off until you actually are pissed!
15. IBC will no longer be tolerated. The warnings continue to be ignored. The first will earn a temporary ban. Another infraction will earn permanent bannage.
16. Any thread with a misleading title will be closed. Continueing posting like this will result in a temp ban. Saying something like "Help" or "Read This" is also included. Saying something like "DM5 Video" then posting a video of a bunch of queers dancing in paintball gear is also not allowed. This also includes excess *'s and the like. These are reserved for important threads suck as the rules.
17. Any thread asking for research help or help on a school project will be closed. Guess what? Asking someone to do part of your project doesn't dount as research.
18. No talking in third person. Why? It confuses people and is annoying.
19. If you see a post that violates the rules, DON'T POST IN IT. You can post "This violates the rules" or something along those lines, but I don't need 17 people telling someone it violates the rules. If someone posts a vs. thread, don't help them. Because then they can do it again, because they get results before it is closed. This includes posting in porn threads (PIPT).
20. No more AIM logs. They are hard to read (poorly written) and never have anything to offer to the forum. People mess with you on AIM just to see you get pissed, get use to it, its the internet.
THE FOLLOWING INCLUDES RULES THAT ARE TRUE ALL OVER THE WEBSITE. SOME ARE REPEATED IN THIS THREAD.
Please note that PbNation will, from time to time, make changes to these Community Guidelines without notice to reflect current climates within the Community. Additionally, every single issue that might possible arise would be impossible to address within these guidelines. Therefore, just because a certain issue isn't raised here, doesn't mean it will be allowed (or disallowed, for that matter) within the Community.
If you need clarification or help, PM/AIM a moderator of Paintball Talk; we'll help. If you don't like the rules, don't post.
Much credit to Meph.