PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-16-2001, 09:18 PM #1
Budha
Paint Slüt

has been a member for 10 years
kids and paintball.....(interesting topic)

I have been playing paintball for 4 years. I have been reffing for a while and I have just been noticing how kids 13 and younger are just taking the sport down some. Just hear me out. Things that I see: Most of the time while reffing, I hear kids behind me screaming man oh man that guy should have moved there, man he is such a wuss, hey dude your about to get bunkered and all of this stupid crap when the same kids are sitting in teh back of the field not doing crap. I talk to experienced players all the time about how the kids are annoying. One time about three 12 year olds were playing and they all had tricked out cockers. They were all staying in the back shooting at nothing, hitting my fellow refs usually and they just sat back there the entire game untill the other team advanced on them and 2 guys came up and offered a surrender. So what do these kids do? They shoot them 10 times when it is a mandatory surrender rule. So what does a member of the team who surrendered them do? He got behind them and lit their ***** up. Those kids started crying that they got shot too much. I told them its a part of the game and they started calling this 20 year old guy an a hole and crap and saying all of this stupid stuff. Other times I have been reffing and these kids curse out people who are 3 times older than them who can kick their *****. Kids think they are better than other guys and get mad at me when I put too many angels on one team. They need to be put by themselves on a field. Most of the time they never move and just sit in teh back blind firing, shooting refs, dead players, lifting their goggles up when they are told not to a thousadn times and just talk smack. Some of this post is kind of confusing, but I have so much crap on this topic it is hard to put it all in. There are a few kids who are good players, who move and stuff, but usually not any. Scenario, I am reffing and this kid is like paintcheck ref. I ask where, he says down there at the end of the field, I said you need to be more specific, he was like over there ref, and I just ignored him after that. Then he started getting mad at me and stuff and was like ref why didnt you go check him and all this crap. I usually just dont worry about it when someone says check someone, because usually they are lost and dont know what they hit. The biggest thing I have is when a bunch of kids are playing walkon and they sit in the back and play the game the full 15 minutes with the time running out and they start screaming in hoo rah and everything. What am I trying to say in this post? That kids are annoying and they need to be put in there own league or something or mature and base up. Oh well, flame all you want, but Ihad to get that out. A bunch of crap happend last weekend at the field that just pissed me off. OH and one more ramble, I swear the next tiem some kid tells a guy when he is getting bunkered during one of my practices.....

OH ONE MORE THING: This isnt regarding newbies. Just annoying kids. And this is just crap that has built up and I had to get it out.

Later

Mark the ***hole

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.

Last edited by Budha : 07-16-2001 at 09:27 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2001, 09:24 PM #2
chalex impulse
I am 14, i never curse out refs or anybody at the field, my way of cursing somebody out is on the field in battle and when i elemaie them.

Old 07-16-2001, 09:38 PM #3
hermbros
yup

hermbros is a founding member
Wink ya some little kids are stupid

I know what you mean man

There is this kid at our field and he is there everytime. He is the biggest moron ever. The first time I went to the field, he was yelling at everybody, saying how unfair the teams were then when we were about to start he elected himself as team captain. Anyway, I thought anyone with that much confidence must be pretty good, boy was I wrong!! Through that whole game (it was a speed ball) he stayed in the very back, just like your kids. Not only that, but after a while he was shooting our own guys in the back that were closer to the front!!! Hahahaha, it was kind of funny. I was shot off pretty early and when I got off I heard guys saying "There's someone behind us!!", but there wasnt, just that mouthy kid. Anyway he shot at least two of our guys then at the end said that it wasnt him. A couple games later, he still had the nerve to boss us around. I had volunteered to defend the base along with the little kid and a friend. Anyway, he was telling us all to get up into this tower, the most obvious tower. We just ignored him and he got angry. I hid in the bushes. When guys did get to our base, he didnt help much. He got scared and was like "Hit!! o wait, no I'm not" but it was too late, you cant yell hit then take it back. And he cheats. Anyway this is already a long enough message so im done.
Old 07-16-2001, 10:07 PM #4
ian_emerson
Hail to the King

That must be just pevs becaus we got some awesome little people at skyline and hogback. Great sportsmanship and skills for their age.
Old 07-16-2001, 10:22 PM #5
Budha
Paint Slüt

yeah dude, some kids are cool, some I have a blast playing with, but most..... are just kind of what I described. I mean I am not stereotyping, but it just seems that it is the case every weekend.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 07-17-2001, 03:10 PM #6
THEOLDONE

as i see it. kids will always be kids. im in the dallas area and our field has a good group of kids that play. but, we did something a while back to correct the problem your haveing. we started a under 13 young guns tourney with practices, with tourney players. what this did is show who was good and who wasnt who was going to stay and who was not. my son who is 12yrs old went to these events along with someother players and created a team. his team has placed in the top three spots in all six tourneys hes played in. i guess what im trying to say is have your field work with the kids, and not condem them, there the future teams, see ya in texas THEOLDONE.
Old 07-17-2001, 03:21 PM #7
XspyX
Team Backdraft

Last weekend we got a lot of little newbies. They are so friggin trigger happy. They shott friggin everything. Refs got hit A LOT. So didn't the camera crew. Dead people. It was friggin annoying to be walking with your gun over your head with a huge yellow towel draped over your barrel and then get hit 3-4 times from little kids.

Aw, it pisses me off
Old 07-17-2001, 05:14 PM #8
joker
Rene Magritte

joker is a founding member
[quote]Originally posted by Budha
yeah dude, some kids are cool, some I have a blast playing with, but most..... are just kind of what I described. I mean I am not stereotyping, but it just seems that it is the case every weekend. [/QUOTE

what do you mean "most". i would sa 90% the kids 13 and under i play with have better sportsmanship than the older players. and about half of them are more agressive than the older players too.
Old 07-17-2001, 05:19 PM #9
XspyX
Team Backdraft

Your lucky. Most young guys I play around are PISS ANTS
Old 07-17-2001, 05:30 PM #10
joker
Rene Magritte

joker is a founding member
lol really? that sucks. well i like the field i play at. texas has some nice fields good kids too but i will admit some kids are just like budha said

Last edited by joker : 07-17-2001 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2001, 05:32 PM #11
Splat Max
DIXIE FOREVER!!!

I agree with Joker it's the same way at my field the most of the younger kids don't cuss out the refs or anything theres more older people that do it but usually nobody does. I'm 14 but I don't sit in the back dumping paint or yelling at refs, most of the time I'm at the front. The only yelling I do is calling out positions, and paintchecks(primarily newbies that I hit but they don't know it yet). Sure theres some like that but not the majority.
John 3:16
Old 07-17-2001, 05:59 PM #12
ian_emerson
Hail to the King

The reason I think pevs maybe bad is a bunch of rich kids get high end guns, go to pevs and find out they suck and cry about it.(just my opinion)
Old 07-17-2001, 06:00 PM #13
pbkid09

well seeing that i am only 15(this coming from a kids point of view) and ref and my local field, alot of budha's points are very true.. but they are just little kids and you can't blame them for doing what they are doin.. sure they are annoying most of the time but remember you were new to the sport once also.. i'll be the first to admitt that when i 1st started playing i did the exact same things because i didn't know any better.. all you have to do is talk to them and tell them what they are doing is annoying and maybe they will get the point.. if not at least you tried..but it also annoying when people judge all kids by the few they have seen.. i am always getting judged at the field because of my age yet i act more mature than most of the adults who play at my field..alot of the staff at my field is 13-17 because when adults judged there they didn't do anything when judging the fields..but since us kids have started judging alot of people have told us how much better the judging has been.. i am just going by from what i have seen where i play at,and people just need to lighten up because the little kids are the future of our sport and just because they get annoying most of the time doens't mean you have to be prick's to them..

just my 2 cents..

WhAt CaN i SaY i'M a pLaYeR...
Old 07-17-2001, 06:02 PM #14
XspyX
Team Backdraft

Some are just plain evil to to core. Bad people with paintguns. Arrggg
Old 07-17-2001, 06:09 PM #15
TacticalJay
¤Team BackDraft¤

Yeah I was that Camera Man XspyX was talking about. I got hit in the inter thigh. 2 1/2 inches away from my ballz. You hear me on the tape got what the He|| you little ****! I was mad. Newbies need to learn to grow up. If I ran up to someone at my feild 2 feet away and say surrender, they would usally. If someone shot me that close, I would stop say ouch, then lit them up with ALOT O'PAINT

Email me if you Have a Freak Kit for Sale--Smart4408@hotmail.com
Old 07-17-2001, 06:18 PM #16
ian_emerson
Hail to the King

I never surrender(unless there is no chance of me shooting him). There is almost always a chance i'm faster than him.
Old 07-17-2001, 06:29 PM #17
TacticalJay
¤Team BackDraft¤

Quote:
Originally posted by ian_emerson
I never surrender(unless there is no chance of me shooting him). There is almost always a chance i'm faster than him.
Yeah there is always that HUGE chance Im faster than them

I have serrender once that was becasue I was traped in a building. Other than that I would NEVER do it again.

Old 07-17-2001, 06:34 PM #18
Nitro

dude fess up you just got out played, if some 1 gets you to the point were they ask you to surrender it means they played the better game just call yourself out and fess up taht you got outplayed.
Old 07-17-2001, 06:47 PM #19
TacticalJay
¤Team BackDraft¤

Ok I will Fess up I was stuck in a THE CORNER OF A BUILDING with guy waiting for me to move. He would shot shoots every now and then to try to get me. No way and he|| I was going to get out of that.

Old 07-17-2001, 06:51 PM #20
ian_emerson
Hail to the King

Quote:
Originally posted by ian_emerson
I was talking about getting bunkered not being pined down.
Old 07-17-2001, 06:53 PM #21
ian_emerson
Hail to the King

Quote:
Originally posted by TacticalJay
Ok I will Fess up I was stuck in a THE CORNER OF A BUILDING with guy waiting for me to move. He would shot shoots every now and then to try to get me. No way and he|| I was going to get out of that.
wussy! (j/k)