Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-30-2002, 10:16 PM #1
Blake_sw
COBHC

Blake_sw is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fun thing to do in practices

Today I told a guy 20 ft away to check his hopper. I knew I didn't hit it. Right after I did this, I ran up and bunkered him. To my delight, he had his eyes diverted on his hopper. Hehe, I gotta do that more often.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2002, 01:48 PM #2
DrinkerOfMilk

that is damn cheap, but then that does show you that if you must check yourself for paint try doing it with your hand first and keep your on the other guy. If you feel paint check it to make sure its not just splatter.
Old 06-01-2002, 05:41 PM #3
Blitzer07

Heres something really fun, its called "The dead man's walk or dead woman's walk" , what you do is call for a paint check on a close shot (also you need the arm bands, like in a tourney) then when the ref calls you clean take your gun put it over your head and move towards the dead box and look where everyone is and when you see a good shot take it, and if anyone says anything, well thats their fault because they should be watching for the ref to call you clean, its prefectly legal, because he didn't call you out plus you didn't call yourself out so your still in. (LoL) its halrious seeing this move.
low pressure system
pmi ceramik barrel
ans front block
shocktech alein bolt
system x drop foward
black dye sticky gripes
black benchmark trigger frame
12v black hopper
Old 06-01-2002, 10:07 PM #4
DrinkerOfMilk

thats the general idea of the walk but you cant pull your gun over your head because the other person can claim that that is the visual rep. of being out. So they would say you called yourself out by placing your gun above your head, because if their back player sees that from across the field he shouldnt shot you, he might not hear your call out but he could see your hands. To really do a dead man's walk you need to really keep your gun to your side pointed down, your head down and look really sad. Then at the real moment like someone turned on a light switch, you pull your gun up and paint them up. I personally feel this tactic is really cheap because when i was a noob i was kill with this, the guy was shooting hot and hit me in the back of the neck. I was so happy it was the first day i had my neck protector.
Old 06-01-2002, 11:12 PM #5
Blake_sw
COBHC

Quote:
Originally posted by Blitzer07
then when the ref calls you clean take your gun put it over your head and move towards the dead box and look where everyone is and when you see a good shot take it,
Putting your gun or hand up over your hand signals that you're out.
Old 06-01-2002, 11:49 PM #6
Blitzer07

yes it does, but if the ref calls you clean then your still in, it doesn't matter what you "signal" as long as the ref, or yourself doesn't say "your eliminated" or "i am gone" then your still in the game it doesn't matter how your standing or what stance your in, your still in the game. Also that arm band they put on you, as long as its on your more than likely still in the game.
low pressure system
pmi ceramik barrel
ans front block
shocktech alein bolt
system x drop foward
black dye sticky gripes
12v black hopper
Old 06-02-2002, 08:16 PM #7
sPyDeR sTiKe

i remember this one rule when you say your out or rise your hand your out automaticlly even if you arnt hit
Old 06-02-2002, 08:59 PM #8
Blitzer07

your not out untile the ref takes that little arm band off you.
low pressure system
pmi ceramik barrel
ans front block
shocktech alein bolt
system x drop foward
black dye sticky gripes
12v black hopper
Old 06-03-2002, 03:19 PM #9
DrinkerOfMilk

maybe its that way at your certain field but at most fields its a good idea to keep your hands down. This might be stupid for you but anyone else should keep their hands down or asked about the tactic before the game starts to a ref.
Old 06-03-2002, 07:19 PM #10
sPyDeR sTiKe

the rule at the field i play at the rule is you act like your out like put your barrel plug in, say your out, act in any way shape or form your out.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:33 AM #11
Blitzer07

OK..............let me ask you this, at your field when there are tournaments do they put armbands on you?????(Yes if there isn't a armband then there is no way for the other players to know that your out, so if you did put your hands up i can see why they would call you out, but if you do have an armband and the ref calls you clean then you can do whatever motion you want as long as the ref said "your clean" guess what YOUR CLEAN AND STILL IN THE GAME no matter what motion you do.
low pressure system
pmi ceramik barrel
ans front block
shocktech alein bolt
system x drop foward
black dye sticky gripes
12v black hopper
Old 06-04-2002, 02:21 PM #12
DrinkerOfMilk

is there such a thing as surrendering on your field? If so then the visual motion for surrender is putting your hands and/or gun above your head. This is normally done if you are too scared to play anymore, out of paint (even though you can still do stuff) or out of air. (again you can still be useful)
Old 06-04-2002, 02:45 PM #13
Blake_sw
COBHC

Even if you do have an armband on as you're hands/gun is up (pretending to be out), a ref is automatically going to pull your armband. Why? Because you signaled you're out, even if it was pretend. They don't know of you're intentions. You can not put your hand or gun over your head before you pull your armband. If you do the refs and other team will give you **** and you'll probably get called for a one for one. Armband or not. It's not like a ref is always there to pull you.
Old 06-04-2002, 03:02 PM #14
Blitzer07

As i said earlier, he comes to check you then you put your hands in the air. If he says "your clean" and you stick your hands in the air, he can't do anything about it, he called you clean......its the other teams responsibility to pay attention to the refs decisions, but i am no longer going to argue about this subject you can believe me or not i really don't care.
low pressure system
pmi ceramik barrel
ans front block
shocktech alein bolt
system x drop foward
black dye sticky gripes
12v black hopper
Old 06-04-2002, 05:09 PM #15
DrinkerOfMilk

ok jackass i just cant wait to see you on the field when the ref kicks you out for shooting when you called yourself out.
Old 06-05-2002, 06:14 PM #16
StoWithinMe
I Pee On Sto's

hey

Sweet, umm, some dude comes walkin towards me with his arms down, hes gettin shot, or when deadmans walk is pulled, hes gettin bonusballed next game, its a good way to get shot extra times
people get pissed when u think ur in the game, and some immature person feels the need to shoot you in the back
Ya

Quote:
Originally posted by mr_mich
"Biotch, check this shiot out"
Old 06-19-2002, 07:44 PM #17
monkeybacon00

who cares, dead mans walk is a ghey tactic widely used by newbies who cant take out their opponent the fair way.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:51 PM #18
Whiteshadow

Whiteshadow donated to help Peyton Trent
its fun to yell words that sound like out or hit too.
Old 06-28-2002, 07:06 PM #19
Magowner

The field I play at it doesn't matter because even if you are out you will get shot out walking from your bunker. The people over shoot were I play its pretty messed up.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:52 AM #20
Laxpunk2006

Not only noobs do the deadman's walk, I have twice with my friend's as a joke sort of thing and the Naughty Dogs did it and they definatly are not noobs. BTW they ended up winning when it was 3 vs 1 against them because of it. Blitz I don't know what you're smoking but it doesn't matter if a ref calls you clean. You don't need a ref to call you out, you can call yourself out, by putting your gun or hand in the air you are calling yourself out. Then when you and shoot some more people, that's called playing on =) That'll get you at least a 1 for 1
Old 07-16-2002, 06:19 PM #21
flyguy4386
Banned

Take turns talking to each other.