PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-16-2001, 06:37 PM #1
Splat Max
DIXIE FOREVER!!!

has been a member for 10 years
Unhappy I was thinking about a timmy but......

I am planning on possibly getting a new gun in the next few months. The timmy looked really nice; nice fitures, nice price and all. But my dad, brother, and I started with Bob Long Millieneums (I know that lower ends guns aren't as reliable as higher end ones but...) my brother and I have since upgraded but my Dad still has his. Everyone of them we had to send in 4-5 times for repair for parts that had worn out broken or problems with them after only playing once or twice with them, we're on the sixth time the my dad gun. We had taken real good care of them too and I knew others that had the same problems. So I am hestitant to get another BL gun. With the timmy will I get a good quality of a angel or a bushmaster or will I get something along the lines of a tribal or EM1. Are they reliable? Are the guns durable? Say something from your experience to change my mind.
Right now it will be either a timmy (price and all preferable if ya'll can convence me of the quality) a used LCD angel, matrix, another bushy, upgrade my current bushy and get a automag for a back-up, or wait a little longer and get an E-mag. Any feedback would be appreciated.
John 3:16
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2001, 07:43 PM #2
elTwitcho

I've had my timmy since december now and I have never had it go down. In fact, I've only changed one o-ring too (on the bolt). Personally I consider it to be one of th more reliable guns, as my team shoots an STO, an Impulse, and 2 matrices and all have had problems at one point or another (a few of em at our tourney this past weekend).
Old 07-17-2001, 06:16 PM #3
Splat Max
DIXIE FOREVER!!!

Thanks for the reply eltwitcho.
What's this only one of you timmy owners have a reliable well built gun? I really want a timmy, but I want a quality reliable gun as well. More replies please
Old 07-17-2001, 06:37 PM #4
plasma69
Boooyaah.

Exclamation i got somethin

Hey
I just ordered a Timmy ripper (hopefully) and for all i know, my local shop owner is Mike carrey from bob long's team and he has bought 5 of them for his team mates here. thats how much he believes in them. they are nice i will admit. but with some downs, such as cheezy grips and barrels, well barrels are always upgraded anyways. go with timmi cuz my team mates too have 2 of them and they rule. really nice and fast and accurate.
Old 07-17-2001, 06:54 PM #5
nova
THE "HK" STAMP

i/ve had mine for a year now and have not experienced any problems what so ever juct my 2cents
LED MATRIX
Old 07-18-2001, 07:10 AM #6
Omega6_Virus
Distributor of Pain

Chris from Team Joker has most of his team using BL TImmy's ask him. He sould know. ONyl like 3 use something besides a timmy while the other 5 use tim's.
Old 07-18-2001, 08:04 AM #7
Vern1
Timmy - WooHoo!!

Vern1 is a Supporting Member
Vern1 is a founding member
Vern1 helped look for balloons
The grips are built that way on purpose.
Next time you are running on break, shooting with one hand, put three fingers UNDER the trigger guart and shoot with your index finger.
Notice how steady that is with your little finger planted on the curved bottom part.
Now, try that with two fingers in the trigger guard.
Notice any difference??
You only do after you have this pointed out to you!
As for reliability, we started with two, we now have four.
One for me, one for Morphious, one for Jordan(my 11 year old paint hoser) and a backup.
We have tested and generally shot the crap out of the first two for about 8 months which led to the purchase of the last two and put our old faithfull Autococker backup on the for sale wall.
We actually had to break out the backup last weekend when Morphious broke a ball in a loader after a particullarly agressive slide into a bunker and we didn't have time to clean the warp and hopper between semis, but other than that, the only problems we have had have been self-induced - we pinched a wire going to one of the eyes and that threw us for a loop until we figured it out.
Set it up right the first time and hose down the other team!
Petty Paintball - www.pettypb.com
Old 07-18-2001, 07:18 PM #8
Splat Max
DIXIE FOREVER!!!

ok thanks for the replies ya'll have convinced me. Where are you ordering the ripper milled timmy from?
What type of consistency do you get from your guns?
I have a tank and rev, what would I need to do to set it up right? Thanks
Old 07-21-2001, 05:02 PM #9
SenorFartman

yeah we had a couple on my former team. they were nice but they did have a lot of kick to them. i considered one but they looked to cheesy for my tastes. this excalibur i just got is the shiznit though