Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-27-2005, 11:28 PM #1
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

has been a member for 10 years
Tactical Novas?

These sound pretty cool as to what they're shaping up to be. With all the things talked about doing to them, they could be some pretty mean things.

All I am curious about is who is interested in these? Say it's an original body, nothing new/modern about it. Just plain old Nova. Then, add maybe a tac rail or something - something that you could strap a laser or a flashlight or a scope/sight onto. Then maybe a redesigned reg? I don't really like the old horizontal stuff on the bottomline that much. What about a standard inline?

^^^That's basically the picture I'm thinking of when I get to thinking about senario type Nova's that are the cool tactical mil-sim stuff you see today.

Anybody with me? Any ideas? I'm thinking of saying that I'm on board if there's a batch or two made.

The Original WarMachine Factory Team
SN's a nationality - not a shoe shine...

FeedbacK
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2005, 09:25 AM #2
amcfall

You know I'll buy one (or one of each) just for fun. I'm really hoping to see an updated Nova. Not to worried about the lkooks, functionality over form. I think this will be great. Good timing too, since it seems that interest in Novas has been going up, I get more requests for Novas than I ever have.

Avery
Old 04-28-2005, 11:09 AM #3
thebigbadviking
http://img67.exs.cx/img67

if i ever get mine working again i've been trying to tac it out so far i have come up with is to rinho liner the body, raised sight rail and the trigger guard is great for holding momentary switches. if some one has a super nova for sale i would be interested buying it and trying to tac it
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself"
one
Old 04-28-2005, 08:15 PM #4
spaz7676

I would probibly buy one if the cost wasn't too high. I personally love the heavenly anno of the Nova700, but a tactical version wouldn't be a bad thing. My biggest complaint about the Nova's where that there was no forgrip (the aftermarket one was kinda funky) and the ASA/reg setup made it difficult to use rail mounted tanks and dropforwards. Just curious, is someone going to actually make these or is it just a hypothetical thing?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:22 PM #5
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

Apparently, if the tac idea goes through, there should be a redone VA or something of that sort for a reg/gas-thru.

Yes, these are going to be made - I know right now the brainstorming process and allocation of material is being done, but these retro-fits ought to be a breeze!

FeedbacK
Old 05-03-2005, 10:28 AM #6
Stray Bullet

Stray Bullet is a Supporting Member
Functionality over form is my motto as well. Front grip, the ability to put a drop foward so the tank acts as a butt. Also give the option of an expansion chamber for the grip to satisifty the Co2 crowd. HPA is great but getting it at the big games is a pain. The drop foward on my Assault with a 47/3k tucks perfect with a mask on so you can use it as a model. Barrels, barrels, barrels... We need more barrels. Two piece are a waste since we are looking at a ultra low pressure marker. At least 10" of unported stick. There is plenty of aftermarket out there so make it Autococker threads if you can. Here is an idea.

Instead of using different size barrels to hold the ball in the barrel use breach sizers. Then leave the barrel selection up to the individual.

Last edited by Stray Bullet : 05-03-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:46 PM #7
spaz7676

Well someone's going to ask it eventually, even if it's way to early to know for sure, but.... How much do you think it will cost?
Old 05-03-2005, 03:54 PM #8
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

Well, I don't know exactly what's gonna be put on it...it all depends on that...

FeedbacK
Old 05-03-2005, 03:57 PM #9
spaz7676

If you send me some pictures of what you're thinking about doing I can make some sweet 3d models of it for you. I might do one or two of what I'm picturing.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:09 PM #10
dankcharlie

I just sold my SuperNova ET, But i still have my upped 700.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:52 PM #11
spaz7676

I say go with the 11" brass unported barrel like the original nova. If you can, see if palmer is willing to make them for you since he his the god of brass barrels.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:52 PM #12
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

I think you may have a wrong idea of what will happen. THe project is retro-fitting Nova's - not making a new version. No one wants a "new" Nova, as everyone is more prefferable to the old style.

Basically, I think it may work where you send in a Nova and it gets done...but I know there isn't going to be any new run of Novas.

FeedbacK
Old 05-04-2005, 05:21 PM #13
dstarr

what about us poor souls with no nova to send in?
Old 05-05-2005, 04:24 AM #14
spaz7676

I wouldn't want to have any perminent changes done to any of my nova's. I would however be interested in individual upgrade parts. Simple little parts that would modernize the nova's a bit. Like a clamping feedneck for the virt feed guns. Or a grip frame that would allow the use of drop forwards.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:44 PM #15
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to this Nova thing. I remember when they came out and wanting one (actually, I wanted a Super Nova ET) but alas, I was too poor. Now I have money and can't find them.

What are ya'll talking about? Did PGI buy the rights to the Nova? Is there a new version coming out?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:27 PM #16
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

No, in short, there is no new Nova, W/M botched the project. PGI originally had the rights to the Nova, and should still have them. Hope that helps.

FeedbacK