Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-27-2005, 07:22 PM #1
Duker

has been a member for 10 years
Robbo's Physics of Paintball

Hey Robbo,
That article was very interesting but somewhat confusing, besides telling me that the side shot does work really well (I tried it the next day and got quite a few kills off it so thanks), I was wondering if you could paraphrase the article for me in just a couple lines,
thanks, Duker
Russian Legion Support #28
Nexus Supporter #84
Miami Effect Support #75
XSV Fan # 341
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2005, 07:47 PM #2
Justin Owen

Justin Owen owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Justin Owen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Justin Owen owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Justin Owen supports DLX Technology
Justin Owen owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Re:

Duker...
I'm afraid you didn't use enough latin four syllable words for Robbo to actually be able to understand you...let me try and translate for you (I speak Robbish)...

Dearus Robbomus...
I do hearby declarus in absolutestness certaintius in regards to outstanding penmanship on the part of dearus Robbomux in the solitarium consortium of text and script known, in English translation, as "The Physics of Paintball," which was an enlightening endeavor into intrique and excited me fully as to the possiblities of greater achievementus, whereby as the passage of temporus so herein as afterwards my perusal of said scriptus by said author I did hearby discover the benefits of the technique known in Robbish as "lateralis projectalis," for which I declarus undying gratitude and worshipus unto said author known as Dearus Robbomux for such enlightenment and knowledge. I humbly request of his powerus de maximus brainus in consideration of the limitations of the general masses with regards to linguistics in the rare tongue of Robbish, the possibility of translation of said article and collection of fine script and text into the old English tongue known worldwide in greater commonus? Thankus, Duker.

There. He'll be able to understand that.

~J~
Old 04-27-2005, 08:19 PM #3
VladKingOfNYC
You Favorite Russian

VladKingOfNYC is a Supporting Member
LoL

NIB Guns for sale:
Shockers, Nerves, Ions, Karnivors,
DMCs, DM6s, Proto 6s, Egos, Angels
Many others in most colors.
MY feedback
Old 04-27-2005, 09:11 PM #4
trix ripper
Music died on May 11,1981

trix ripper helped look for balloons
side shot???
Old 04-27-2005, 09:15 PM #5
teamli2004
~Yay Area~

Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin Owen
Duker...
I'm afraid you didn't use enough latin four syllable words for Robbo to actually be able to understand you...let me try and translate for you (I speak Robbish)...

Dearus Robbomus...
I do hearby declarus in absolutestness certaintius in regards to outstanding penmanship on the part of dearus Robbomux in the solitarium consortium of text and script known, in English translation, as "The Physics of Paintball," which was an enlightening endeavor into intrique and excited me fully as to the possiblities of greater achievementus, whereby as the passage of temporus so herein as afterwards my perusal of said scriptus by said author I did hearby discover the benefits of the technique known in Robbish as "lateralis projectalis," for which I declarus undying gratitude and worshipus unto said author known as Dearus Robbomux for such enlightenment and knowledge. I humbly request of his powerus de maximus brainus in consideration of the limitations of the general masses with regards to linguistics in the rare tongue of Robbish, the possibility of translation of said article and collection of fine script and text into the old English tongue known worldwide in greater commonus? Thankus, Duker.

There. He'll be able to understand that.

~J~
Lol, that was wicked funny dude.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:17 PM #6
nitewolf_9
HELL IN A SHELL

nitewolf_9 is a Supporting Member
lmao
Old 04-28-2005, 02:43 AM #7
Robbo

Robbo is a Supporting Member
Robbo supports Bob Gurnsey
J-Lo

Duker, ok, the side shot is basically where a player moves up the field to a more forward bunker and because of that move is now able to see an opponent at a more flattened angle and therefore itís easier to eliminate him.
On many occasions, the player you now see has little idea you have just moved and therefore is oblivious he is just about to be eliminated.
In this situation, it's not like a gun fight where you are both trying to snap shoot each other out, it's a virtual freebie shot for you.
Itís just the sort of shot I used to like

And so, when I did a rough analysis on the number of these type kills in an average game of Paintball it became apparent that it was something in the order of 45% which is hugely significant if you are trying to get a serious handle on the dynamics of our sport.
I called Ryan from Dynasty and a few other of my pro friends Stateside just to make sure I wasnít talking out me arse and they agreed with the figure so I knew I was in the right ballpark.
Once I had nailed all the different type eliminations playerís experience, it wasnít that difficult to then go on to create a better understanding and a more sophisticated training regime to take advantage of this knowledge.

Ex All American, Ex Aftershock and now...... a successful hasbeen :)

Been there, Seen it, Done it, Won it...now it's time to kick back and chill a bit...

Last edited by Robbo : 04-28-2005 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:01 AM #8
Aaresz
Who Dares Plays

Aaresz is a Supporting Member
This is unrelated to the topic at hand, but since this is my first venture into the Nexus Forum I have to say WOW. PBNation has just upgraded itself a great deal in my eyes. I haven't come across a post by Justin Owen or Robbo since the old Paintball City, or even Warpig days. It is good to "see" them again.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:10 AM #9
Robbo

Quote:
Originally posted by Aaresz
This is unrelated to the topic at hand, but since this is my first venture into the Nexus Forum I have to say WOW. PBNation has just upgraded itself a great deal in my eyes. I haven't come across a post by Justin Owen or Robbo since the old Paintball City, or even Warpig days. It is good to "see" them again.

Justin who???

Been there, Seen it, Done it, Won it...now it's time to kick back and chill a bit...
Old 04-28-2005, 11:55 AM #10
TrailOfDead

Quote:
Originally posted by Aaresz
They tend to hang around p8ntballer.com...well, Justin tends to hang order bars peopled with men of a similar build to robo wearing buttless leather chaps, but that's another story altogether.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:45 PM #11
Justin Owen

Justin Owen owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Justin Owen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Justin Owen owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Justin Owen supports DLX Technology
Justin Owen owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
>>>> They tend to hang around p8ntballer.com...well, Justin tends to hang order bars peopled with men of a similar build to robo wearing buttless leather chaps, but that's another story altogether <<<<

Ummmm, like DUHHHH...where do you think I first met Robbo?

~J~
Old 04-28-2005, 03:31 PM #12
Duker

Thanks Robbo,
I thought that was what you meant, but thanks for shortening it anyway, you said there will be more articles like that, is there another one in "The Beach Bum Issue"? thanks again
Russian Legion Support #28
Nexus Supporter #84
Miami Effect Support #75
XSV Fan # 341
Old 05-01-2005, 08:28 AM #13
f1erce
PIMPIN New Zealand PB

hey robbo, another offtopic thingy but what are those tattoo's of on your arm?
LONDON NEXUS fan club member #110
INFAMOUS fan club member
NPS4LIFE
HostileKidzArmy Support
Old 05-01-2005, 01:11 PM #14
Robbo

Duker : I write one article per month usually (sometimes two) in PGI and I also do the Ask Robbo page each month.

Fierce : On one arm / shoulder it's a celtic mish-mash of stuff and on the other arm / shoulder, it's another mish-mash of eagles, indians, and mountains and stuff.

Wish I could take them all off and start again really.

Old 05-01-2005, 07:10 PM #15
f1erce
PIMPIN New Zealand PB

meh it still looks badarse in that avatar
LONDON NEXUS fan club member #110
INFAMOUS fan club member
NPS4LIFE
HostileKidzArmy Support
Old 05-02-2005, 08:15 PM #16
Outlaw_75

Great article one of the best