Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-26-2005, 04:32 PM #1
Huntero
East Coast=Beast Coast

has been a member for 10 years
Your spot in the top 18

How can Nexus justify their spot in the top 18?

It's common knowledge that Russian Legion played under their name to secure the spot so in what way do you feel you've earned the title of "Pro" instead of "semi-pro",

I'm not trying to start junk but I am wondering why Nexus didn't earn it like the rest of the top 18 NPPL teams.

Last edited by Huntero : 04-26-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2005, 04:39 PM #2
Nova17
Oh, no

18*
Old 04-26-2005, 04:48 PM #3
Jammasterj
HKarmy

Who cares how they got in they proved they belongs in pro at HB.
My feedback 23+ / 0-
myspace.com/nhsoldier
Trauma fan club #375
Old 04-26-2005, 04:49 PM #4
Grand Hustla(sp)
•••Fistful of Steel•••

what are you talkin bout, have you been keeping up on anything

they didnt prove there team, the russians did, just under nexuses name...

Silver & Gold Ego F/S Only
Black Empire B F/S Only
"Only when we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything."
Old 04-26-2005, 04:58 PM #5
jakertaker2
Obama!

Didn't they have a comfortable lead in points to get into pro anyways? And using RL just made sure it happened?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:02 PM #6
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T supports Bob Gurnsey
Re: Your spot in the top 18

Quote:
Originally posted by Huntero
How can Nexus justify their spot in the top 18?

With a 7th Place finish at HB 2005 and a 2nd Place finish at the Max Masters last weekend

Nicky T.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Old 04-26-2005, 05:06 PM #7
Nexus_Chris

About the RL thing.

Before the last event we were in the top 18/17 in a position to play pro in 2005. However it its commen knowledge we we had previously underperformed at some events. Bottom line we knew we needed to be in the NPPL pro div, but believe me nobody on the team wanted to have to reley on RL to get us that last bit of the way.

On the other had it wasnt all RL players that one and only one time, we were not the only team loading players, and we have had players guesting for RL too.

Now that its over and 2005 season it well underway i hope our results can do the speaking.

Chris

P.S. To everybody, Thanx for the huge support and welcome to PbNation.
Chris Summers #21
Nexus Posse - "Rockin the EGO"
Old 04-26-2005, 05:07 PM #8
Exterminex
Sound the Bert Alert

Yea, but not as many top pro teams were at Max Masters, most were at Orlando Open. But yea, the 7th at HB was nice
My Feedback (14+, 0-)
Old 04-26-2005, 05:09 PM #9
MonkeyG
Now that you need her

You know this might of been a very stupid move, since you will probbly get owned in the pro division. And shouldnt there be some kinda rule against switching out like a whole team and using another name? Did they use your gear and jerseys? Doesnt that kinda hurt your pride seeing as how you guys had to rely on other people to place you in the pros?
Click Here To Save The Nation
Want a NME LE?
Join the UPF and make a change in paintball
Old 04-26-2005, 05:17 PM #10
Jammasterj
HKarmy

Quote:
Originally posted by MonkeyG
You know this might of been a very stupid move, since you will probbly get owned in the pro division.
They came 7TH in HB05 or can you not read.
My feedback 23+ / 0-
myspace.com/nhsoldier
Trauma fan club #375
Old 04-26-2005, 06:00 PM #11
Gary Abusive
Banned

Nexus Fan Club Member #1? Way to back your team...
Old 04-26-2005, 06:11 PM #12
Robbo

Robbo is a Supporting Member
Robbo supports Bob Gurnsey
As has already been said, I think the 7th pace in HB last month says it all.
Nuiff said by me anyway.

OOps nearly forgot, hey Huntero, check out my avatar mate

Ex All American, Ex Aftershock and now...... a successful hasbeen :)

Been there, Seen it, Done it, Won it...now it's time to kick back and chill a bit...
Old 04-26-2005, 06:36 PM #13
NSPBSballer (Banned)

Nexus is a great team that will do great things in the NPPL this season. From what I hear (don't hold me to this, I could be wrong), RL and Nexus jave been guesting with each other for a while... Nexus players to RL and RL players to Nexus... they deserve the pro spot, and their plan worked out for them- the end justified the means.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:47 PM #14
Ma-Trix R4 Kids
Gang Related

you guys can complain about them loading up with some rl players but you can not argue with results and a 7th place in hb is plenty of assurance and proff that they belong in the pro division

you guys rock

"Originally posted by VanHalen: my brothers deaf and my mom catches him masterbating at least once a day"
Old 04-26-2005, 07:24 PM #15
ThatGuy86

ThatGuy86 is a Supporting Member
ThatGuy86 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy86 supports our troops
ThatGuy86 plays in the APPA D1 division
It's the same idea as D1 teams having pros guest on their rosters. It's perfectly legal, and teams take advantage of it.

I read somewhere that Nexus had been too spread out last season, trying to perfect both their Xball and 7-man games. As a result of not fully concentrating on one style, both styles suffered. Normally Nexus performs just as a pro team should, but parts of last season were like one big, long bad day.

At their best, there is no question that Nexus should be in the top 18 pros. They utilized the services of the RL to secure that spot, which they essentially had locked up anyway. I'm sure most people would do the same in that situation. Why risk throwing away seasons of hard work just because you're in the middle of a slump?

RIP DAN DONLON
Old 04-26-2005, 08:08 PM #16
EastAl
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

EastAl is a Supporting Member
Regardless of who played on the team so Nexus could positively secure their spot in The 18, Nexus is still a Pro team.
Soo many people made a huge stink over Nexus using RL players, most were mad they didn't think of it first. And players guesting on your team was not something new that no one had ever heard about. It just stuck out this time because it was some Russians, and not some no names.
If Robbo knew some outstanding players that no-one had ever heard of, and they guested on Nexus in Commanders Cup, no one would have said anything, regardless of how Nexus did.
Nexus did what they felt they needed to, to make sure they were still going to play Pro NPPL in '05, and they will continue to play in The 18 for a while yet.
This wasn't a fluke, it happened for a reason.

Latre,
Al

Originally posted by Huntero:
This thread is like taking a ride on the roflcopter..

No regret, no remorse, no reason... only madness.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:11 PM #17
yodaismyhomeboy
EightStarBalla

i don't even know nexus, but damn they made semis...more than i can say for infamous at hb

not ragging infam, they are wicked ill, just there top pro and nexus proved they deserved to be there
Elin Grindemyr Fanclub Member #43
Old 04-26-2005, 08:36 PM #18
Pariel

Good point really. Infamous has had some crappy playing, both at HB and at LA before that. Luckily they picked it up big time at Orlando. A 7th place finish at HB deffinately means Nexus deserves their Pro spot, no matter how they got it-it's the past, you can't chang what happened, so base your decisions off what you see now.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:43 PM #19
P8ntballsucks
What does my shirt say?

P8ntballsucks is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally posted by Pariel
Infamous has had some crappy playing, both at HB and at LA before that. Luckily they picked it up big time at Orlando.
What Orlando event are you talking about? Infamous only won one game in Orlando. Nexus could have done better than that.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:27 PM #20
Rush96 (Banned)

a 7th place meens jack ****. they wont make the finals this year, you can argue with me all you want. london wont do it. your the only team having to PAY out of your pockets to play a tournament. and 2nd place at max....WHO CARES. that tournament equals nothing, what good teams were their.....almost all pro teams that could compete on american soil and do decent played Orlando. and for you bashing infamous bc they didnt make the semis you need to shut the hell up. they came out of xball with out having played 7man in over a year and took the first 2 tournaments they entered. Infamous is a better team than nexus(not starting things, just look at the tournaments they play and how they finish). it should hurt the pride of the team to have to use a damn good team to play for them at all of these tournaments, but hey i suppose who cares as long as you do good??? who cares about the real nexus players that dont play bc the leaders of the organization want to win by using russians, who cares what they think they are just so so players that no1 will play.

i agree completely that the true nexus roster cant justify their spot in the nppl. on the other hand the russians sure as hell can, they are one of the best teams in the world and they played under the nexus name at the 04 commanders cup for an undisclosed amount of $$$. that tournament was all politics i suppose, the whole thing that Robbo himself goes against in his section of PGI. But everyone should look at the facts, the only reason you guys are in the nppl pro right now is simply bc you played the nppl sanctioned events in europe, just look at the finish you had in america. 21st at the nppl las vegas... now there are no more... where are your points going to come from???
Old 04-26-2005, 09:38 PM #21
Huntero
East Coast=Beast Coast

Quote:
Originally posted by Nexus_Chris
About the RL thing.

Before the last event we were in the top 18/17 in a position to play pro in 2005. However it its commen knowledge we we had previously underperformed at some events. Bottom line we knew we needed to be in the NPPL pro div...

How many teams have come up short of final's in tourneys all over the country that should have been in them because they underperformed a few times..

Tons of smaller underfunded teams like Rage, and London Tigers earned their way into the pro bracket. I feel that Nexus should have done the same without the help of RL stacking their roster.