PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-28-2005, 08:05 PM #22
dcballa
DerekC707

NME's are dodo aliens are freaking awesome im selling my timmy to get one and i love my timmy i shot one at NCCS event #2 and it is so smooth and accurate
the NME's are just not made right or sumthin when i play at wap whne avalanche is ther for like the first 2-3 hours there using there NME's then they switch to there timmy's
and th nme i shot didnt even stand close to the alien i shot so ALIEN beats all!!!
MOB #88
Scp
Avdg
Valken
Cutting edge paintball
Riot design factory
Derek C
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2005, 08:06 PM #23
khbaur330162

has been a member for 10 years
no prob, im just tired of 30 years olds thinking they are hot **** cause they finally moved out of mom's basement. anyway, i can almost swear i've seen vids of timmys doing over that. it is really hard to determine it though without some sort of software. many people hear something fast and think its liek a world record of some sort. my friend had a tippman all his life and i started ripping on my old gun at about 15, and he asked me if it was over 20. most kids just arent trained to know the difference. 50 is a number to most people and don't know how phenominal a gun would have to be to reach that ROF. The Germans in WWII had a chain gun that cycled at 50 cps, and they had to do burst shots because it had the tendency to melt the barrel at those speeds. it just goes to show that a chain gun, something with 4 barrels can reach that speed and how hard it would be for a paintball gun, single barreled, could even come close. most kids are blantantly ignorant but it doesn't justify to point it out to them. If some one hadn't told you all you know about paintball where would you be? dcballa i dont fully understand what you're saying, could you rephrase that and put some punctuation in? it gets confusing at the end.

---> 6 piece Redz Pepperstick barrel kit, Carleton 68/45 w/ Air America Reg, Empire B2 or Halo B /w rip (Shocktech hot rod kit, xmods motor, freeway and speedfeed)

FS: Alien Independence (Gold/Black)

Last edited by khbaur330162 : 04-28-2005 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:15 PM #24
lilman
rawr.

lilman is a Supporting Member
The thing is, timmys are SUPER fast. Kids think they are faster than they really are. A true 23 bps is INSANELY fast. People don't relise that.
Lilman and Zero: Shutting down BS-fountain posters across the digital nation. "
Want to know the secret to getting laid? Click here!
Old 04-28-2005, 08:16 PM #25
khbaur330162

exactly. i let my friend walk my tes and whenever he got remotely close to 12 bps, he'd stop and look at me as if he had just won the lottery. sound is decieving.

---> 6 piece Redz Pepperstick barrel kit, Carleton 68/45 w/ Air America Reg, Empire B2 or Halo B /w rip (Shocktech hot rod kit, xmods motor, freeway and speedfeed)

Old 04-28-2005, 08:27 PM #26
lilman
rawr.

Yea man, I think what really made people think that they are going so fast is all the LCD's on guns. They are VERY inaccurate with their readings, so kids think that they are doing 25bps when really they are doing 13-14.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:36 PM #27
xsv1fan

yea i agree.
aliens are fast to me
Old 04-28-2005, 09:05 PM #28
moo_moo_face

dude dont yell at me bout the timmy on pbvids. yell at it if you dont beleive it. im just sayin thats what the vid said, and it looked quite fast so i beleive it.
i never said i did that or even wittnessed it in person. so go look on there, find it, wach it, then tell me theres no video of it
silver inver mini #001266
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post21989856
^^^^feedback^^^^

spread the word on mayonaise nationwide
Old 04-28-2005, 09:17 PM #29
lilman
rawr.

Link me, if you make an argument and present facts or evidence you need sources.. learn to argue correctly and your point will be more respectable.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:24 PM #30
moo_moo_face

ok ill go find it real quick. but cant u dudes just go on there and search for it? o well, whatever ill put it up here if i have time. cus im not supposed to be on here cus of my grades
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 04-28-2005, 09:27 PM #31
moo_moo_face

http://www.pbvids.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14620

thats not it, but still, the guy says 54 bps. i havent wached it yet tho. ill go search some more real quick
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 04-28-2005, 09:33 PM #32
lilman
rawr.

Don't double post, just edit your previous post.

Saw the video, damn fast but def not 54. Faster than any timmy I've seen though.

Also it was most likely half cycling like crazy.

Last edited by lilman : 04-28-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:38 PM #33
khbaur330162

that vid looks like he's not fully cycling unless it is a crappy camera he used. sounds damn fast though. and again, did oyu see the one pull per minute he was doing? thats called mad bounce. just because his lcd says 54 doesn't mean it cycled that fast either, it means his electronics send a signal to his solenoid 54 times in one second...if his counter is even accurate.

Last edited by khbaur330162 : 04-28-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:40 PM #34
moo_moo_face

http://www.pbvids.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14343

some guy said he golwAVED IT AT 39 BPS, JUST SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT
i hate caps lock
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 04-28-2005, 09:41 PM #35
moo_moo_face

didnt wach it either, but it sais 90+ bps.
well see ya later, moms yellin in ,my ear and i dont wanna be deaf
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 04-28-2005, 09:44 PM #36
moo_moo_face

well i got one more minute so ill post the link i forgot

http://www.pbvids.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14508

thats the 90+ bps cocker i think
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 04-28-2005, 09:45 PM #37
khbaur330162

why is it so farking dark? it doesnt sound liek a gun dryfiring at ALL and his bolt doesn't move...either he's decieving us, or hes completely retarded and is using the worst digi cam ever coupled wityh a very nice mic. that can pic up/distinguish noises at 40 times a second. highly unlikley. thanx for sharing them with us though.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:17 PM #38
ZeR0 EVOlution
.2Ω dual coil, son

ZeR0 EVOlution is a Supporting Member
ZeR0 EVOlution is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally posted by moo_moo_face
well i got one more minute so ill post the link i forgot

http://www.pbvids.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14508

thats the 90+ bps cocker i think
Just because the LED says the gun is doing 90+, the gun isn't doing it. 1) The gun was off. If you call that BPS, you need to find out what the acronym BPS stands for. 2) That gun will never do beyond 25 BPS in FULL CYCLES. An Autococker's closed bolt design is flawed in that the gun is mechanically capped when it comes to cycling. Excaliburs, the brother to the Viking (the same gun that has done 41+ CPS in complete cycles) is mechanically capped around 18 BPS or so. If that gun which uses a better design then the 'Cocker (no hoses, no rams, nothing "complicated") cannot cycle past 18, the Autococker sure won't do any urban leaps over its boundries. Sorry.

For the 2k2 Intimidator (aka the dark video), you notice that the gun didn't have air cycling through it. Now Intimidator's solenoids aren't capped at 23 period. Hell, the solenoid isn't capped at all. The problem with Intimidators is that the air transfer design with the hoses and the barbs ends up starving the gun of air at high rates of fire. Thats when the gun starts to half cycle when you shoot past 24+ CPS. The gun can easily do 30+ CPS but the solenoid won't be releasing enough pressure to fully move the bolt forward, release the valve long enough to release air to shoot a ball at, say, 280 FPS, and then fully end the cycle and start again. The solenoid won't even feed enough pressure for the gun to open the valve all the way! The gun will look like its cycling but if you try to shoot paint like that, you're looking at balls rolling out of your barrel.

And lastly that Karnivor movie, I've seen it before. You can hear the gun just starving of air. Honestly, do you think that gun will even get one ball out of the barrel? The back block ended up doing half cycles during cycles! For Christ's sake, that gun couldn't even get air into the 5-way fast enough for ram to keep up. If you think that gun will shoot paint, you are dead wrong.

What this thread was originally based on was how fast the gun can shoot in BPS, not CPS and all that. Josh (Lilman) said he got his Alien to do 28 BPS. I wasn't around to watch and I haven't seen any videos so I cant tell you if he is lying or not. What I can tell you though is that in the year or so that I've known Josh, he hasn't lied to me to date. He's a smart kid and knows what he is talking about because he has indeed learned from the best so I'll take his word for it when he says 28 BPS.

I have shot an Interceptor and I've have shot an NME but haven't been able to do tests on them and tell you the real numbers. I love Jack Rice and I know he knows what he is doing (except the fact that the gun is more accurate than any other gun on the market; my Shocker got the same grouping with 420 as did the Interceptor) so I believe it when he says he tried to make a gun that would out-shoot every other gun on the market with paint. With that said, I'm going to go.

I hope you all learned something here: don't listen to hype and just shoot a gun to find out what yourself.

That and you'll never need to shoot past 15 BPS anymore so just deal with what you have. Your biggest concern you all should be worrying about is will your gun break down in the middle of a game when you need it the most? Think about that for a while *cough, I hate Intimidators*.
46/0/0

C'est une grande habileté que de savoir cacher son habilité.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:29 PM #39
lilman
rawr.

Hahah, Zero is the one to come to if you have any questions. I learned everything from him. He is a paintball guru FOR SURE. If anyone trys to flame or argue him I'm not even going to try because people that... ignorant aren't worth my time.

Arvin.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:35 PM #40
khbaur330162

i like that kid. he knows what the hell he is talking about. thanks for the lesson!

Old 04-28-2005, 10:40 PM #41
lilman
rawr.

He isn't a kid.. but ya lol. He knows everything about every gun.. now I do too but I learned it from him.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:47 PM #42
ZeR0 EVOlution
.2Ω dual coil, son

ZeR0 EVOlution is a Supporting Member
ZeR0 EVOlution is reppin' sidebar 4 life
It doesn't matter if you like me or not, thats not what I came here to talk about (but thanks for the compliment). The only thing is you have to know that when someone or some company starts blasting hype about their gun cycling X CPS, it's not going to help you in game. Sure its something you can be proud of but for ****ing sake, all tournys are capped at 15 BPS! **** 41.5 CPS on a Viking, **** 29 BPS on a Matrix, and **** 28 BPS on an Alien. I'm never using that in a game so the next time you want to go brag about it, you can go brag about it to yourself. At the end of the day, our guns will still only shoot 15 BPS in game and our game will be still based on our skill.
46/0/0

C'est une grande habileté que de savoir cacher son habilité.

Last edited by ZeR0 EVOlution : 04-28-2005 at 10:51 PM.