PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-23-2005, 11:12 AM #1
khbaur330162

has been a member for 10 years
interceptor...cps?

im wondering how fast this gun can cycle. it seems much like the system x N.M.E. which has the WAS board, break beam eyes, and is basically an extremely upped timmy. does anyone have any experience with both of these guns and do they know how the two compare. they are in about the same price range i think differeing by 50 bucks or so. I know since you are in the Alien forum and you have probably been waiting for these guns to release for a while so I will get some pretty biased opinions, but one is bound to get that in any forum so i can't really go anywhere. it also seems like some of the most intelligent and intellectual people are here in alien so i want to see what a somewhat educated person has to say. <<< I'm basically tired of retards.

---> 6 piece Redz Pepperstick barrel kit, Carleton 68/45 w/ Air America Reg, Empire B2 or Halo B /w rip (Shocktech hot rod kit, xmods motor, freeway and speedfeed)

FS: Alien Independence (Gold/Black)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2005, 05:55 PM #2
moo_moo_face

ive seen an alien. ive never shot it tho. i like the nme better. but then again i never shot the alien so its kinda biased i guess
silver inver mini #001266
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post21989856
^^^^feedback^^^^

spread the word on mayonaise nationwide
Old 04-23-2005, 07:46 PM #3
bunkerdevil

ive seen and shot both the intercepter and the nme. the nme is basicly a timmy knock off. the alien is a completly different gun. personally i like the alien better-it is lighter, smaller, faster, has less kick, is more accurate, and is better looking(my opinion) then the nme. also, i have no clue how system x's customer service is, but jack rice(maker of the alien) is at my feild almost every weekend and i know if somthing goes wrong with your gun he'll fix it right away.
XSV fan club member #144
Joy Division fan #112

I kissed a drunk girl, and now I'm sure I could've been anybody else.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:12 AM #4
khbaur330162

ok. i know about the bolt and how that might make it more accurate, but what about the barrel. what quality have you guys seen out of it? accuracy after a break? also, faster? ok i guess. the nme is pretty fast but it limited to liek 35 cps. the alien is at liek 50 i heard. accuracy. ill buy that cause of the bolt and the barrel might of very good quality. smaller lighter? ill buy that too cause the nme and the timmy isn't known for its small smize or weight. less kick? idk, i heard the nme has no kick. not even noticeable, and i bet the alien is the same. so all it can do is tie in that aspect. better looking? sorry jack, but i think it is close to impossible to make a better looking gun. the nme looks too good to be true. the alien interceptor is very nice, clean and can hold its own in cosmetic fight, but the nme is liek the heavy wieght champion in that aspect. it takes the cake for looks and ik that you have to be a little biased to say the alien looks better. system x has very good customer service. free fixes and fast responces is all i hear about them. now im taking into consideration that the last post was extremely biased, but it looks liek the alien comes out on top. idk if it is hype or what (the only vid of these guns are it ripping into a little cone at about 4 inches in front of the shooter) but the alien seems to have everything over any other gun in its price range other than looks which shouldn't be the biggest deal in buying a gun.

---> 6 piece Redz Pepperstick barrel kit, Carleton 68/45 w/ Air America Reg, Empire B2 or Halo B /w rip (Shocktech hot rod kit, xmods motor, freeway and speedfeed)

Old 04-24-2005, 01:14 PM #5
moo_moo_face

well tho the alien has a higher cap, that doesnt really matter, cus id like to see you shoot above 35 anyway.

and in that vid. i dont no if that guy shoots slow or what, but the nme is WAY faster than the guy shot in the vid
prety accurate too. and its got good effeincy i guess, thats what my freind said, its hiss gun
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 04-24-2005, 05:17 PM #6
Muppet_Assassin
Nor*Cal Gun For Hire

i swear... all you people that care about looks on a gun...your crazy.. its not the looks of the gun that help you win a tournament.. its the performance.... id rather have a gun that shoots godlike than have a gun that LOOKS godlike but doesnt perform as well as the gun that does perform godlike.. my .02

Ironman Matrix and Marq 6 F/S/T

SirePaintball
Old FeedBack

""Originally posted by hogans_dave: ...plus hes a NorCal baller so his gun has 2 rip""
Old 04-24-2005, 07:15 PM #7
khbaur330162

^^^ thats what every one says but down deep you know you really want a gun that looks and performs godlike.... we all do. if two guns perform exactly the same but one looks like a spyder and the other a timmy, most will go with the the timmy...

Old 04-24-2005, 07:29 PM #8
moo_moo_face

i still like the nme regardless of how the alien looks
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 04-24-2005, 09:39 PM #9
mder

The gun is capped at the speed of your hopper. If your hopper is faster than your fingers, however, it is capped at the speed of your fingers. Unless you turn off the eyes then the only cap is your fingers. There is one more thing though. You can program it to be capped. This if for tournaments like PSP.

The barrel is honed the same way that ultralites are honed. Now that makes them pretty damn smooth and ver close to the size they're supposed to be. Any gun can have kick. It all depends on the wieght distrubition of the gun and the way you hold it. So if your gun has a good balance and you hold it in a secure way that is comfortable then there shouldn't be any kick. Air efficiency is great. When Jack first made the guns he put in the valve pin from the A1 Alien and it was too big by a few thousandths, now he has all the Interceptor valve pins and they rock. Customer service is also awesome. Jack will personally fix you up if you have a problem. There is also one other guy who is an expert in these.

For the price I'd take the Alien over the NME. XS NRG shoots Interceptors, and Avalanche shoots NME's. XS NRG took like 2nd in their first tournament as a team with Aliens. I watched Avalanche play at Extreme with NME's and I saw a lot of chopping.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:44 PM #10
xsv1fan

mder was right about everything. the aliens do not have kicks at all after they are broken in(8 to 10 cases of paint)
Old 04-26-2005, 09:45 AM #11
lilman
rawr.

lilman is a Supporting Member
First of all, if your worrying about CPS you have problems. All the high end guns shoot at least 20, which is more than enough. Secondly the nme CAN NOT go 35 cps. Since it's a very similar design to a timmy I would be suprized if it got over 23 FULL cycles per second. I would say I was doing about 27-28 BPS with my alien. I'm sorry khbaur but your facts are very wrong.
Lilman and Zero: Shutting down BS-fountain posters across the digital nation. "
Want to know the secret to getting laid? Click here!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:18 PM #12
mder

A timmy can cycle at 25 cps. A guy from bad rats had that frenzy 127.4 doing 25cps full auto.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:20 PM #13
lilman
rawr.

Quote:
Originally posted by mder
A timmy can cycle at 25 cps. A guy from bad rats had that frenzy 127.4 doing 25cps full auto.
No, it can't. I don't really care what anyone says. I've talked to people high up at NPS and they said themselves that a timmy can't cycle over 23, and 23 is still VERY hard for them to do. The average is 21.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:44 PM #14
moo_moo_face

Quote:
Originally posted by lilman
Secondly the nme CAN NOT go 35 cps. Since it's a very similar design to a timmy I would be suprized if it got over 23 FULL cycles per second. .
i didnt say full cycles. im sayin the board is that fast. and even tho i just erased it from the quote thing, ur saying u got 28 bps? if u were in semi then ur just flat out lying. and timmys can go over 25. go to pbvids. there is a video of one goin like i think it said either 48 or 58 o there somewhere
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 04-28-2005, 05:44 PM #15
mder

Well this thread is kinda going to wrong way now. He wanted to know about aliens. The Alien board on Eye mode 2 is capped by the hopper and your fingers. Using Eye mode 1 the ROF cap can be set from 1 bps to 30 bps. The true cap however is the physical cap. Unless we get Jack to set on one full auto and get some Goldwave programs we won't know what the true cap is.

Timmies at capped at 25 unless the board is unlocked, which many people can do nowadays. I have personally seen on go 25 full auto with out any choking or anything, but we didn't have a loader to put on it.

In end he just wants to know how fast aliens are, and the answer is, as fast as you can be. A human's peak speed is 23 bps if they are incredibly fast. You have to have a very healthy body, and have to have been healthy all your life. The nerves in your hand have to be in peak condition with very good finger muscles. If you have been bad and did something to yourself where you decrease the rate at which your brain can send messages then you won't be able to send messages to your fingers in time. Also if you have weak fingers then they won't be able to expand and contract the muscles to the speed at which you want them too. So the best thing you can do is stay healthy so that you take care of you nervous system and work out your fingers. We might get a world record speed if you test yourself while high on crack and using steroids.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:50 PM #16
lilman
rawr.

Quote:
Originally posted by moo_moo_face
i didnt say full cycles. im sayin the board is that fast. and even tho i just erased it from the quote thing, ur saying u got 28 bps? if u were in semi then ur just flat out lying. and timmys can go over 25. go to pbvids. there is a video of one goin like i think it said either 48 or 58 o there somewhere
lmao, dude you're going all over the place. Get your stuff together and then come back before you make yourself look like a fool. Also, the only "mode" that was boards (the boards in Aliens) is semi. It's called bounce buddy. Don't even try because I will make you look really bad, it's VERY obvious that you have NO idea what you are talking about.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:00 PM #17
Oc_rage (Banned)
Big Beats and Bass

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by moo_moo_face
are you serious? the only gun that can remotly come to 48 full cycles is the Viking or some mag with 1100 PSI running into it.

come on dude. get your facts first before you go on and post a bunch of false and stupid info.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:02 PM #18
johnson807

Ill solve this both guns are way faster then you will ever shoot or balls will ever be able to load...so now just pick which one you like the best
Old 04-28-2005, 06:06 PM #19
lilman
rawr.

Quote:
Originally posted by johnson807
Ill solve this both guns are way faster then you will ever shoot or balls will ever be able to load...so now just pick which one you like the best
I already said that in my first post, but thanks!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:49 PM #20
khbaur330162

lilman, before you start flaming kids all over, you should get your facts straight. he said 48-58 which we all know is ridiculous. but 28 is VERY do-able for almost any spider-based marker. the NME has a very short stroke, low reciprocating mass, and has a built in QEV on the solenoid. These are some of the best conditions to get crazy fast ROF. 35 i think is possible with this marker set up right. I have no idea about the aliens capabilities and that is why I asked, but don't go calling shens on sumthing cause some hot shot at a big tourney told you so. most information floating around paintball forums is perpetuated by people telling people who don't know any better. if that same kid had told you a timmy could cycle at about 30 bps i bet you would have swallowed every word he spoon fed you... make me look liek a fool please.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:58 PM #21
lilman
rawr.

I'm not sure about the nme, all I know is I have spent A LOT of time around timmys, I have owned four of them and my best ones shot 21 in simulate. I was told by a person who works for NPS that intimidators will not go over 23. I really am sick and tired of all the kids in this forum thinking guns are WAY faster than they really are. I'm sorry for comming across as flaming.