PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-25-2002, 08:10 PM #1
Predator3

has been a member for 10 years
Matrix vs. Impulse

I don't know which one i should get, i don't like how the matrix has all those o-rings, however i heard it's the most accurate gun on the market, is this true? Plz tell me which is better and why. Thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2002, 10:31 PM #2
FSU Paintball
quotedfortruth.com

FSU Paintball is a Supporting Member
That's a bunch of BS. The Impulse shoots fine. The Matrix is a GREAT gun, but the problem is it's a MAJOR gas hog. Think refilling a 68/3000 after every single game. Really, really, really eats up the gas faster than any gun you could possibly imagine.

If refilling is an issue for you, go with the Impulse. Otherwise, choose whichever gun you prefer.
www.parts4paintball.com
Support Luke Mansberger & Strange
Old 05-25-2002, 11:12 PM #3
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
accuracy is all paint/barrel match, consistancy, velocity, weather conditions, condition of paint used... nothing else.
Old 05-25-2002, 11:13 PM #4
Predator3

well then which gun has better consistency?
Old 05-25-2002, 11:48 PM #5
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

that depends on the reg and tank being used
Old 05-26-2002, 12:18 AM #6
The_Joker

If it were me, I would go with an Impulse and use the extra money saved from not buying the Matrix and spend it on a good reg and some other stuff.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:23 AM #7
Predator3

does CO2 have decent consistency? is HPA a much better consistency for the impulse or matrix?
Old 05-26-2002, 09:30 AM #8
programmer311

Well if you get the bolt kit for the matix, and get s decent 4500 tank then your ganna get enough shots to be happy with like 1300 or something like that.
Quote:
Originally posted by DYEpaintballerGP
cheating is the essance of the game. If your not cheating your not trying!!
Old 05-26-2002, 08:11 PM #9
zman2005
UR BUNKERED

well....

well this is the perfect question cause my friend has a nice impulse set up with a list of upgrades. And when it comes down to GUN to GUN my matrix shoots a LITTLE FASTER like 1 or two balls. But it NEVER CHOPS and his impulse HARDLY does but the matrix NEVER does. So you make the choice....matrix is like 300 bucks mroe though
Old 05-26-2002, 09:17 PM #10
Predator3

i don't get it tho, if you shoot really fast and the bolt hits a ball when it's half way in the chamber, then how can it not chop? I'm also getting the vision w/ the impulse if i do get one so it won't really matter but im still curious. I'm am really being tuggeda between these two guns!!!! Help me plz! just tell me! Do they have any delrin bolts for the Matrix or only SS? Zman you must have shot both, give me your honest opinion on which has less kick, is lighter etc. Also include what uprades your friend has so i know how light it is. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2002, 09:30 PM #11
epic
candy pants

with the bolt kit the matrix's cocking pressure is too low to chop a ball. Instead it "bounces" off of the bolt
Old 05-26-2002, 09:32 PM #12
Predator3

holy crap! even with hellfire's brittle, brittle paint?
Old 05-26-2002, 10:12 PM #13
zman2005
UR BUNKERED

well....i likethe matrix more....its smoother quiter quicker and more accurate. I dont care what ppl say if me and my friend shoot at the deck i will be more accurate then him. To tell y0ou the truth i would go with a matirx...its a higher end gun. and you dont need alllist of upgrades to make it perform at its best. YOu get a matrix.....trinity and thats all you need. YOu wont chop it shoots fast...it shoots str8 its great. THe impulse on the other hand is cheaper in price shoots quick too and has a little more heavier. little more kick too. go w/a trix...good luck
Old 05-26-2002, 10:13 PM #14
zman2005
UR BUNKERED

i wanted to make sure that you understood what i said....i am not taking anything away from a impulse....they can do the same job of a matrix but IMO i just like the feel of a matrix...even though it has little improvements over the imp.
Old 05-26-2002, 10:56 PM #15
DeathFlame
Matrix Owner

If you bolted the guns down, you can say that accuracy is a function of paint-barrel match and stuff.

But that isn't how we play, we run, stand, kneel, sit or whatever with our markers, and things like weight, kick and 'fell' all affect accuracy. That's why a lot of people claim the Matrix (I would put myself in this category) is an accurate gun.
Old 05-26-2002, 11:35 PM #16
Grizzzley

if you blind fold the person shooting it will be just as accurate as any other gun, right?
Old 05-27-2002, 12:05 AM #17
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathFlame
If you bolted the guns down, you can say that accuracy is a function of paint-barrel match and stuff.

But that isn't how we play, we run, stand, kneel, sit or whatever with our markers, and things like weight, kick and 'fell' all affect accuracy. That's why a lot of people claim the Matrix (I would put myself in this category) is an accurate gun.
but that's only your personal ability to play with that gun making it more accurate than others... not the gun itself
Old 05-27-2002, 12:33 AM #18
DeathFlame
Matrix Owner

"weight, kick and 'fell' [I mean't Feel] all affect accuracy"

Not one of those is your person ability, so I ask.. what are you talking about? hehe

If you take your BE Stingray and find a good match with it's stock barrel, take a Matrix with a good match and it's stock barrel, and try and fire 10 shots at a target quickly (like you'd shoot in a tourney) well you can't honestly say the BE would be as accurate as the Matrix. Bolt them down, then yeah probably. Try standing and aiming and shooting, you'd be affected by the Stingrays long, hard trigger and it's trigger.

Yeah so that's taking it to the extreme. An Impulse compared to a Matrix wouldn't be so far different, but you here a lot of comments about he Matrix being 'accurate' and while theortically, bolted down, that might not be true, in Real Life, where it counts, not all these people are lying to us, and the Matrix is an accurate gun, more so than many others.
Old 05-27-2002, 12:54 AM #19
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

i should have mentioned this but i was talkin about how you play(we run, stand, kneel, sit or whatever) thats the way you play and some people play different and may play well with certain guns and not others and other people may be the oposite, but the feel of a gun is your own personal opinion. i was not talking about kick and weight and so on...
Old 05-27-2002, 01:02 AM #20
DeathFlame
Matrix Owner

I didn't say that sitting or kneeling, the difference between the two had anything to do with accuracy. (They probably do, but that's like you said.. the way you play affecting it)

I was saying benching a marker, or playing with it... they aren't the same, because of those other factors, that don't rely on playing style.. just.. playing...
Old 05-27-2002, 01:32 AM #21
kreno

kreno is a Supporting Member
Two different Markers, same barrel, same consistency, same paint, same accuracy. It's been proven time and time again. AGD did many tests on this as did many other companies and review sites. They always end up with the same exact results. After that you'll looking at each person's personal ability to hold the marker steady.

When bolted down it will be exactly the same accuracy. So saying that one's marker is more accurate than another can be an accurate statement. But if that same marker is given to somebody with less than steady hands and a lower ability they will shoot less accurately. It's just simply logic.

Now... If you shoot a Stingray along with a Matrix alongside each other with the same barrel, same consistency, same air system, same paint, and they're both bolted down. They will shoot exactly the same. Yes, the Matrix will shoot faster, but they will be just as accurate as each other.

I know most of this is hard to understand by some of you guys that don't like to accept the facts... but for those of us that can take the truth and keep going then cool shiznit.

Oh, and my take, pick up the one that you feel most comfortable with dude... Some people swear by the feel of an Angel, others swear by Spyders (yes they exist, but that's a whole other argument guys, don't get started on that one). It's all personal preference.