PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-04-2006, 05:12 PM #1
pballer78

Arrow Male stab on my 98c

Hello all. Got a question for ya. I am currently running co2 on my Tippy with an expansion chamber. I have decided to go to hp and order a crossfire tank 68/4500 and a palmer male stabilizer. Would i just be able to remove the chamber from the front grip and replace it with the stabilizer and run the hose to my ASA? or do i need anything else? teflon tape would seal the threads as good as loctite - right? sorry for the noob questions. any help would be appreciated.

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2006, 09:25 PM #2
sgt-spam

sgt-spam is a Supporting Member
Since you have an expansion chamber, just unscrew it from your vertical adapter, and screw in the male Stabilizer.

Use some type of thread sealer for all your connections.

Depending on where your input connector is on the expansion chamber, you may find you need a slightly longer piece of macro line or steel braided line to reach your ASA. The Stabilizer's input is at the top of the regulator. Your expansion chamber's input is probably at the bottom.

Once you get the regulator installed, it will take 2000 or so shots to break in. You do not have to actually shoot 2000 paintballs - you can dry fire it.

To tune the marker with a Stabilizer, remove the air from your marker. Take the barrel off, and look into the chamber at the power tube. Unscrew the velocity adjuster until you see it flush with the INSIDE of the powertube. You don't want to take it out, but you also don't want it protruding into the powertube.

Now get some paint, air up, and slowly increase pressure on the Stabilizer until you're shooting at field speed.

This will give you the most efficient setup using the Stabilizer.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:11 PM #3
pballer78

Thanks Sgt. Spam,

Just got my regulator - but it didn't come with a gauge. So I bought one and was going to attach it myself. But the output looks like its plugged with a hex screw and the instructions say "DO NOT CHANGE OR RELOCATE ANY OF THE FITTINGS THAT CAME ON THE REGULATOR!" Should I let it be or just unscrew the output and attach the gauge. I don't want to mess up the regulator. Any ideas anyone???
Old 03-07-2006, 04:46 PM #4
stnkyminky

unscrew the plug and attach the guage. Make sure you wrap it,the guage, with teflon first.

The instructions are telling you not to gut the stab and reconfigure it to operate any other way than it was intended to.......
Old 03-07-2006, 06:36 PM #5
pballer78

thanks,

one more question - when i attached the stabilizer the input was facing the grip of the gun and the output was facing the barrel. how could i fix this so the input is on the right side of the gun and the output on the left??? thanks again.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:42 PM #6
stnkyminky

it's my understanding that you can leave the stab a little loose or maybe stick a bottle o-ring(like a spacer) in the asa and then screw in the stab. When the marker is pressurized, the stab will not move, but I'm not sure how loose you leave it before it will cause problems.

I have not done this, so proceed with caution. I'm sure it will work, but like I said...I've not done it.