Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-22-2002, 10:57 AM #1
mjkocker
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
Racegun trigger

I have a racegun and Ive played around with the settings a bit. Something strange is happening that I dont have an explantion for. Ill play with the settings and get the bps anywhere from 9.1- 12.85 and shoot it full auto and thier is a signifigant differnce. Ill turn it to semi or classic and can barely shoot 5 balls a second with 9.1 and like 7 with 12.85 now I understand I may not be great with the trigger but why does it shoot faster at one setting when Im pulling the trigger the same speed on the other and its under 9.1? What I mean is ill have it set at 9.1 and shoot 5 then ill set it at 12.85 and shoot about 7 but im pulling the trigger the exact same both times and its under the lower rate of fire. I dont know if this all makes sense to you guys but I figure it should shoot 7 in both 9.1 and 12.85?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2002, 02:41 PM #2
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Conqueror is a Moderator
Conqueror is a Supporting Member
Conqueror supports our troops
Next time, more punctuation would help a lot. However, I think I understand your problem correctly...

The reason you can't shoot the same bps when you lower the MROF may be simple: "9.1 bps" doesn't mean the gun automatically allows you to shoot 9.1 balls in one second. It means the gun allows you to shoot once every 109.9 milliseconds. If you try to pull the trigger every 90 milliseconds, it will cancel every other trigger pull and the gun will not shoot as fast as you are pulling the trigger. However, if you then set the gun for 12.85, the board will allow you to fire the gun every 78 milliseconds. If you pull the trigger every 90 ms, the same rate as before, the gun will now register every trigger pull and shoot twice as fast.

In other words, if you pull the trigger faster than the gun allows it will cancel the shots. If you raise the ROF, you are raising the # of times the board will let you shoot in one second, and you can shoot higher bps with the same trigger pull rate. Does that make any sense?

CQ
Old 05-22-2002, 07:46 PM #3
mezpo

Conqueror is right. This may help you understand better. The gun looks for a pull of the trigger more times in a second when set at a higher rate of fire.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:43 PM #4
TreyV
Reality based citizen.

Annual Supporting Member
TreyV is a Supporting Member
TreyV is a founding member
TreyV is playing at Living Legends VII
TreyV is Legendary
This also explains how one person can rock the crap out of, say, a certain Angel's trigger, while another person can hardly shoot it. They're pulling the trigger with different rhythms and speeds, and one person's matches up with the setup of the gun better than the other.