Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2005, 12:28 AM #274
ComradeJatho
Still Awesome.
 
ComradeJatho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Purdue University
 has been a member for 10 years
Gary, what's your opinion on the circulating rumors of the NPPL and PSP getting back together, and the additional rumor of NXL and Open X-ball combining?

Personally I think Open and NXL should combine to pool the talent together into one division and make it more exciting.

I think the NPPL and PSP should stay seperate, I think they cater to different crowds.

Thanks for taking the time to talk to the community.

Angry Jim.
__________________
The Leonard Maltin Movie Game.
ComradeJatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2005, 08:22 AM #275
GSLegacy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeJatho
Gary, what's your opinion on the circulating rumors of the NPPL and PSP getting back together, and the additional rumor of NXL and Open X-ball combining?

Personally I think Open and NXL should combine to pool the talent together into one division and make it more exciting.

I think the NPPL and PSP should stay seperate, I think they cater to different crowds.

Thanks for taking the time to talk to the community.

Angry Jim.

Well the proposal to the NXL Franchisee's to combine the NXL teams with the Open Division for 2006 was made by myself 4 months ago... The plan is in effect and the details are being worked out now.. I am sure this will happen next year...
The NXL is still intact and our focus to take the NXL to league play on TV is still certain.. To have a show on TV is quite easily done, but to present a league play such as the Arena Football concept is our goal.

The negotiations to have the two leagues play as one is still under discussions and is something the Manufacturers and the Sponsors of the events want us to try and resolve....

There are many ramifications with these discussions that will ultimately affect players and most likely teams.. Be aware that with the present state of the industry being in a slump and the wants expressed by the sponsors and manufacturer who support these tournaments stating that sponsorship of teams will be cut back next year.. Many teams will be struggling and may not be around next year.

Gary

Last edited by GSLegacy : 11-08-2005 at 01:42 AM.
GSLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:32 PM #276
bounusball75
You'll Never Walk Alone
 
bounusball75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Powder Springs, GA
bounusball75 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Well do you think like I do that the talent in the nxl is of a higher caliber than in any other leauge? Look at oakland. They will have two pro teams in the nppl next year. Well thank.
__________________
old feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1160014
bounusball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:37 PM #277
bounusball75
You'll Never Walk Alone
 
bounusball75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Powder Springs, GA
bounusball75 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Well do you think like I do that the talent in the nxl is of a higher caliber than in any other leauge? Look at oakland. They will have two pro teams in the nppl next year. Well thank.
__________________
old feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1160014
bounusball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:56 AM #278
Capt. Nitro
Master Of Disaster
 
Capt. Nitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Greenville/Clemson, SC
 has been a member for 10 years
Gary, i am interested to know your side of the story behind the alleged leaving of Kenny over a/the conflict of his playing w/ HK and playing w/ legacy.

Was he cut or was he given the expressed decision of "us or them" and decided to leave on his own accord? Or was it a more complicated and messy affair of being warned the implications of playing w/ other teams (HK) followed by his (repeated) ignoring of the warnings (possibly thinking consequences would not occur) to continue to play with other teams (HK, Diesel) and subsequently being cut.
__________________
GRIDLOCK RIP
DraXxus . Proto . Paintball Central . The Matrix Center . Tadao
Gridlock Orphan

>>> Graphic Designer and Gun for Hire <<<
Capt. Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:09 AM #279
GSLegacy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Nitro
Gary, i am interested to know your side of the story behind the alleged leaving of Kenny over a/the conflict of his playing w/ HK and playing w/ legacy.

Was he cut or was he given the expressed decision of "us or them" and decided to leave on his own accord? Or was it a more complicated and messy affair of being warned the implications of playing w/ other teams (HK) followed by his (repeated) ignoring of the warnings (possibly thinking consequences would not occur) to continue to play with other teams (HK, Diesel) and subsequently being cut.
I wish Kenny all the best! There are no ill feelings and it is not neccessary to air any sort of interaction that occurred within the team or between the Player & Management of Legacy. I have not done this in the past with any player who is no longer on the team and am not about to start now..We will miss Kennys play as well as his personality as we have missed all the past players who are no longer on Legacy..We will continue to see them at tournaments and friendships should remain.Things change continually and I can almost assure everyone that there will be continued changes within Legacy..
"Remember you have to cultivate..weed..prune and replant in order to maintain a healthy garden!
"Change is inevitable and the sooner you accept this fact the better off you are."

Gary
GSLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:15 AM #280
ComSec
Makin' kids cry since1995
 
ComSec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Seattle's my home
ComSec is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hurry Gary! Get another midjet QUICK!!!!
__________________
Legacy Supporter #300
Naughty Dog Supporter #53

TEAMSAVAGE INTENT
Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS NFC West Champs.

USMC Iraq Vet///Rockin' an Olive Proto 'trix. w/V!rtue. ffry's old DM4
check out my page, it is the coolest. http://www.myspace.com/chase7x7
ComSec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:24 AM #281
GSLegacy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSec
Hurry Gary! Get another midjet QUICK!!!!
Don't forget Blake is the smallest player in the NXL...

Gary
GSLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:30 AM #282
ComSec
Makin' kids cry since1995
 
ComSec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Seattle's my home
ComSec is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
hehe hes so cute
__________________
Legacy Supporter #300
Naughty Dog Supporter #53

TEAMSAVAGE INTENT
Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS NFC West Champs.

USMC Iraq Vet///Rockin' an Olive Proto 'trix. w/V!rtue. ffry's old DM4
check out my page, it is the coolest. http://www.myspace.com/chase7x7
ComSec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:54 PM #283
hateyou
Why do you wanna?????
 
hateyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kansas City Missouri
 has been a member for 10 years
hateyou plays in the PSP
hateyou plays in the APPA D4 division
Classy act on behalf of Proto/Dye & Gary AND Kenny Rosenburg. Way to handle it both parties.
Gary I have a question about reunification between the leagues. What is the biggest divide amongst the 2 sides? Is it format or something like that? I can only imagine how nice of an event it would be if Keeley and Cammile were working together. Plus the combined revenue would allow paintball on an even bigger scale. Twice the support staff means twice the event right?
hateyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:08 PM #284
GSLegacy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hateyou
Classy act on behalf of Proto/Dye & Gary AND Kenny Rosenburg. Way to handle it both parties.
Gary I have a question about reunification between the leagues. What is the biggest divide amongst the 2 sides? Is it format or something like that? I can only imagine how nice of an event it would be if Keeley and Cammile were working together. Plus the combined revenue would allow paintball on an even bigger scale. Twice the support staff means twice the event right?
Regarding the meetings between the parties I really cannot comment.. The good news is they we are all talking.. We have heard what the manufacturers & sponsors want and now it is up to us to try and satisfy this need..

Gary
GSLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:12 PM #285
hateyou
Why do you wanna?????
 
hateyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kansas City Missouri
 has been a member for 10 years
hateyou plays in the PSP
hateyou plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLegacy
Regarding the meetings between the parties I really cannot comment.. The good news is they we are all talking.. We have heard what the manufacturers & sponsors want and now it is up to us to try and satisfy this need..

Gary
Yeah I was just tryin ya know. Anyways is there a date or time when any announcements concerning x-ball lite, PSP or anything like that. I understand that right now, I expect all announcements to be later rather than sooner, hoping for reunifiaction and all.
hateyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 03:42 PM #286
AdrenalineFactorykid
 
 
AdrenalineFactorykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Houston Burbs , Tx
 has been a member for 10 years
Gary, hi,well im visiting califronie(purely for the reason of a slight chance in metitng/watching you guys practice
are you guys practicing publically any time from the 19th of december to the 4th of january?
i would kill to be able to see it

i have some other questions like how do i bring my marker/nitro bottle on a plane?
__________________
ATM

Xbox Live : Aggmonkey
AdrenalineFactorykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 04:07 PM #287
GSLegacy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalineFactorykid
Gary, hi,well im visiting califronie(purely for the reason of a slight chance in metitng/watching you guys practice
are you guys practicing publically any time from the 19th of december to the 4th of january?
i would kill to be able to see it

i have some other questions like how do i bring my marker/nitro bottle on a plane?

I think we have a practice on the weekend you come.. The best way to bring your bottle and gun is this.

1. Take the reg off your bottle and keep them seperate. In other words leave the hole open to let them see that it is an open container.. I would also place the bottle in the bag in such a way that when screened they only see the top looking down.. If you lay it on the side it is a large target of concern
2. The marker I would make sure the barrel is off ..wrap it in a towel or in the gun bag and it too I would stow in such a way that when screened they can only see the top looking down.. In other words the screener is looking at the feedneck looking down at the gun.. If you lay it flat it looks like an outline of a gun and is a target to be checked/inspected and a reason go through your bags.

Gary

Last edited by GSLegacy : 11-12-2005 at 05:54 PM.
GSLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:37 PM #288
AdrenalineFactorykid
 
 
AdrenalineFactorykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Houston Burbs , Tx
 has been a member for 10 years
great , thankyou mr shows. you are actually the nicest person i have ever talked to , and hope to meet
__________________
ATM

Xbox Live : Aggmonkey
AdrenalineFactorykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:40 PM #289
baver10
 
 
baver10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas
Yeah, Gary is great. One of a kind!
__________________
My Feedback
baver10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:38 PM #290
daboss123
Straight - No Chaser.
 
daboss123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
daboss123 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLegacy
I think we have a practice on the weekend you come.. The best way to bring your bottle and gun is this.

1. Take the reg off your bottle and keep them seperate. In other words leave the hole open to let them see that it is an open container.. I would also place the bottle in the bag in such a way that when screened they only see the top looking down.. If you lay it on the side it is a large target of concern
2. The marker I would make sure the barrel is off ..wrap it in a towel or in the gun bag and it too I would stow in such a way that when screened they can only see the top looking down.. In other words the screener is looking at the feedneck looking down at the gun.. If you lay it flat it looks like an outline of a gun and is a target to be checked/inspected and a reason go through your bags.

Gary
Also, everytime i travel to Europe i put a huge paper saying:
This is a paintball marker and not a fire-arm. Neither the paintball marker and the tank are functional, they are completly dissabled and is in now way harmful.
I noticed that i have been checked 3 times because of my marker, never got in trouble or anything. But always remember to never write down GUN, even if its paintball GUN, never write that down lol! Have fun watching Legacy, and enjoy the music they play on the ipod during brakes!!
__________________
| DXS Paintball |
daboss123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:04 PM #291
daboss123
Straight - No Chaser.
 
daboss123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
daboss123 is a Supporting Member
Ow yea Gary,
I have been hearing this rumor that legacy are going to have a clinic in Portugal Next year?? Is this true?
__________________
| DXS Paintball |
daboss123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:40 PM #292
GSLegacy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboss123
Ow yea Gary,
I have been hearing this rumor that legacy are going to have a clinic in Portugal Next year?? Is this true?
We are just in the forming stages of presenting clinics... I am not aware of any Portugal thing.

Gary
GSLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 04:27 PM #293
daboss123
Straight - No Chaser.
 
daboss123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
daboss123 is a Supporting Member
Any plans for Europe?
__________________
| DXS Paintball |
daboss123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:39 AM #294
ComSec
Makin' kids cry since1995
 
ComSec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Seattle's my home
ComSec is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Gary you should hit up some of the cfoa's
__________________
Legacy Supporter #300
Naughty Dog Supporter #53

TEAMSAVAGE INTENT
Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS NFC West Champs.

USMC Iraq Vet///Rockin' an Olive Proto 'trix. w/V!rtue. ffry's old DM4
check out my page, it is the coolest. http://www.myspace.com/chase7x7
ComSec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump