Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2005, 07:58 PM #232
blindsideballer655 (Banned)
Word up
 
blindsideballer655's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: nc
 has been a member for 10 years
Gary,

with some of your players recently leaving does it make you want to implement a rule stating (sp) that players must stay with a certain team for a certain period or time or until the year is over??
blindsideballer655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2005, 01:14 AM #233
GSLegacy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindsideballer655
Gary,

with some of your players recently leaving does it make you want to implement a rule stating (sp) that players must stay with a certain team for a certain period or time or until the year is over??
Rules are going to get tighter.. I cannot force someone to play if they do not want too. Besides if they do not want to play for us they can actually affect the games in a negative way!
It is implied that they stay for the entire year and if they do not they should lose their guns but so far I haven't enforced this.. I'm terrible with that kind of stuff.

Next year though there are going to be some changes.

1. A player will have to play for Legacy if I ask him to at any tournament.. Some players have made prior comitments to other teams at tournaments other than the NXL's and this has caused problems. Next year they will have to play for us if I ask them to and if they do not then they have been told they will be cut from the roster!

2. A Legacy player can only play (guest) on another DYE/PROTO sponsored team...It does not make too much sense for a sponsor to support a player all year long with equipment..paint..travel..Hotels.. and many other stuff such as ads and the like and then have that player play on another Team sponsored by another company to try and win so that sponsoring company can be on the podium and get the publicity.. There is a true conflict of interest there. This practice will end and will be cause to be cut from the roster if broken.

Gary
GSLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 02:25 AM #234
Pho-King Peter
PISTAL PETE
 
Pho-King Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Westminsta-HB, CA
just curious, gary is there goin to be a legacy team b just like wit dynasty dynamics?
__________________
Legacy fan #183
FEEDbAK ^_^
Pho-King Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 02:23 AM #235
GSLegacy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho-King Peter
just curious, gary is there goin to be a legacy team b just like wit dynasty dynamics?
There are no plans right now....Usually these "B" teams are in name only.. The principals of the primary team usually have no management roles with the second team at all...There is no one in mind to take this responsibity on.

Gary
GSLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:13 AM #236
theCOMEBACK
STFU PLZ
 
theCOMEBACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Francisco
theCOMEBACK is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLegacy
Rules are going to get tighter.. I cannot force someone to play if they do not want too. Besides if they do not want to play for us they can actually affect the games in a negative way!
It is implied that they stay for the entire year and if they do not they should lose their guns but so far I haven't enforced this.. I'm terrible with that kind of stuff.

Next year though there are going to be some changes.

1. A player will have to play for Legacy if I ask him to at any tournament.. Some players have made prior comitments to other teams at tournaments other than the NXL's and this has caused problems. Next year they will have to play for us if I ask them to and if they do not then they have been told they will be cut from the roster!

2. A Legacy player can only play (guest) on another DYE/PROTO sponsored team...It does not make too much sense for a sponsor to support a player all year long with equipment..paint..travel..Hotels.. and many other stuff such as ads and the like and then have that player play on another Team sponsored by another company to try and win so that sponsoring company can be on the podium and get the publicity.. There is a true conflict of interest there. This practice will end and will be cause to be cut from the roster if broken.

Gary
I think rules like these should be implemented throughout the NXL. I mean, this is supposed to be a "Pro" circuit right? We would never see Brett Favre "guesting" as QB, or Johnny Damon pinch hitting for another team during play-offs. Why do we in paintball think its ok? These NXL teams and their sponsors are putting up big money to have players support their franchise. Is it just because paintball is not on ESPN or not "mainstream" enough and people think no one cares? How do you think we get to be on ESPN or get televised or break into the mainstream? If we want the public to view us as a legitimate professional sport we need to start acting like it.

I fully support and agree with your decisions regarding these rules and wish you and Legacy the best of luck at Cup and the 2006 season!
__________________
STOP POSTING
theCOMEBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:18 AM #237
GSLegacy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCOMEBACK
I think rules like these should be implemented throughout the NXL. I mean, this is supposed to be a "Pro" circuit right? We would never see Brett Favre "guesting" as QB, or Johnny Damon pinch hitting for another team during play-offs. Why do we in paintball think its ok? These NXL teams and their sponsors are putting up big money to have players support their franchise. Is it just because paintball is not on ESPN or not "mainstream" enough and people think no one cares? How do you think we get to be on ESPN or get televised or break into the mainstream? If we want the public to view us as a legitimate professional sport we need to start acting like it.

I fully support and agree with your decisions regarding these rules and wish you and Legacy the best of luck at Cup and the 2006 season!
You know there is always someone who is going to take the arrows! We have to move in this direction and someone has to take that first step and these people will take the arrows for all the rest that will eventually follow.

Gary
GSLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:58 PM #238
hateyou
Why do you wanna?????
 
hateyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kansas City Missouri
 has been a member for 10 years
hateyou plays in the PSP
hateyou plays in the APPA D4 division
I posted this somewhere else on the forum, but i'll ask it here. Gary I know you guys have put a ton of effort and heart into developing the kids on Legacy, I can clearly see that, so my question is why force them to decide when there is another solution. Sponsor HK. To me at least it seems simple. They market themselves, have a huge built in fan-base, AND you get to keep the kids together. What exactely does it cost Smart Parts to have a team like HK? Jerseys, cheap guns? And what do they get in return? 1. FREE marketing to the correct demographic, 2. They get to destroy a dye team. Why not just end the Dye vs. HK thing, KEEP LEGACY TOGETHER sponsor HK! Look at it this way, for jerseys and cheap guns, you get a free self marketing machine, your players stay put, plus prolly become even MORE loyal after seeing what you did to show you appreciate them, and SP loses all the free promotion!
hateyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:53 PM #239
ComSec
Makin' kids cry since1995
 
ComSec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Seattle's my home
ComSec is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I'd love to see that but I doubt it's that simple.
HK most likely has a contract with SP, and DYE has had it's beef with HK in the past.
I'm sure DYE is wise enough to forgive and forget, (i mean look at the "fan base" of HK)
But HK is doing its own thing and probably will stay loyal to their sponsors.......but lets let Gary tell us whats really goin' on.
__________________
Legacy Supporter #300
Naughty Dog Supporter #53

TEAMSAVAGE INTENT
Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS NFC West Champs.

USMC Iraq Vet///Rockin' an Olive Proto 'trix. w/V!rtue. ffry's old DM4
check out my page, it is the coolest. http://www.myspace.com/chase7x7
ComSec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:32 PM #240
GSLegacy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Without getting into all the details I do support the players on Legacy.. If you see my expenses for the year you might be amazed.. Someone said if I showed them how I support them! Well they need to just stop and see that I do and I am loyal to them and they, need to show me how loyal they are in return. This is a two way street. It is typical juvenile thinking to say that they will be loyal if I allow them to do what they want...Just give me what I want and let me do what I want and I will like you... This is not how the world works...

This has somehow become an HK/Legacy thing and it is not.. Actually it started with a player from Europe wanting to play for us but would not give up his gun sponsorship.. He was turned down but then joined another same sponsored team... It is now an issue! I am just letting my guys know what is up for next year and gives them time to figure out what they want to do. If after all the support they get from. Me...Proto..DYE..Hybrid...Advantage..Angry. and if this is not enough then it is OK they go and find a support package that will better that...I'm Ok with it..

For those thinking about sponsorship.. Well this is something to think about regarding sponsorship.

When you think Legacy you think Proto..DYE
When you think HK you think HK!

I like teams that promote their sponsors.. Many teams promote themselves and use companies to help promote themselves.. I look for teams that promote the sponsors and become identified with the Team...

Aftershock...DYE
Ironmen..DYE
New York..DYE
Legacy..PROTO
Assassins..National
Philly..Smart Parts

You do not even have to think who they are sponsored by.. it is one and the same identity...sponsorship is promotions. Teams need to promote their sponsors not themselves...But this is My opinion on this matter..

I do not do the sponsorships for Dye or Proto though they do ask my opinion..

I think many companies will adopt this policy and write this into their agreements/Contracts.. The teams will have to control the players or risk losing their sponsorship!

Gary
GSLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:36 PM #241
ComSec
Makin' kids cry since1995
 
ComSec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Seattle's my home
ComSec is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Yayyyy another punctual respose by Gary. Less than 2 hrs. Gary you get a Gold star
__________________
Legacy Supporter #300
Naughty Dog Supporter #53

TEAMSAVAGE INTENT
Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS NFC West Champs.

USMC Iraq Vet///Rockin' an Olive Proto 'trix. w/V!rtue. ffry's old DM4
check out my page, it is the coolest. http://www.myspace.com/chase7x7
ComSec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:42 PM #242
drew`
jeajea
 
drew`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kansas
Annual Supporting Member
drew` supports Team VICIOUS
drew` supports Pev's Paintball
drew` supports DLX Technology
Two gold stars

Was actually going to ask about that, lol... found the answer ;p
__________________
REST.IN.PEACE ALEX MYERS
TREMORv3
Powered by:
ProstarPB.com - Violent Products - 280 Paintball - GEN-X-GLOBAL
[ hk - pbf ]
feedback : new - old
drew` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:32 PM #243
hateyou
Why do you wanna?????
 
hateyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kansas City Missouri
 has been a member for 10 years
hateyou plays in the PSP
hateyou plays in the APPA D4 division
I agree Gary, i'm not saying bend to their will. I just want to see Legacy stay together! And to tell you the truth I htink legacy/proto-hk, just how I see it, but that fit is perfect if you ask me. Go legacy at Cup
hateyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 02:20 PM #244
GSLegacy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hateyou
I agree Gary, i'm not saying bend to their will. I just want to see Legacy stay together! And to tell you the truth I htink legacy/proto-hk, just how I see it, but that fit is perfect if you ask me. Go legacy at Cup

You seem to have some inside info.. Who is leaving? If you are genuinely concerned about Legacy then you would tell me, Correct?

Gary
GSLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:26 PM #245
lilman
rawr.
 
lilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: So Cal
lilman is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLegacy
You seem to have some inside info.. Who is leaving? If you are genuinely concerned about Legacy then you would tell me, Correct?

Gary
=/, proto really should sponsor HK *zips lips*
__________________
Lilman's Army
My Feedback
"Originally posted by TheLPB
Lilman and Zero: Shutting down BS-fountain posters across the digital nation. "
Want to know the secret to getting laid? Click here!
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:33 PM #246
hateyou
Why do you wanna?????
 
hateyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kansas City Missouri
 has been a member for 10 years
hateyou plays in the PSP
hateyou plays in the APPA D4 division
Gary, if I had info, just for the fact that months ago I created a thread called Legacy best young team ever, I would do anything to see Legacy as it is today stay together. This is the thread I am refrencing off of as far as people leaving
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1226409
All I know is what I read on your forums, and I wanna say thanks for allowing us to know so much about you. My point is, I like rooting for Legacy, I was there on the sidelines in Chicago when Miguel took the pic of you that became the first pic of the month. I stood there with Jules, cheering and helping with locations against Chicago! The fact of the matter is, I like Legacy, I like HK, and I have always associated the 2 together. It made sense in my mind, Proto, through Lecacy, appears to be a hungry, take what they want company. I like that, and I attribute alot of that with the kids that are from HK. I see where they are coming from in the sense that they are being loyal to, imo, a higher purpose....... loyal to friends. But as a fan, I have always seen Legacy like a family. You guys are family,IMO, and thats what HK seems to be to me as well. I don't see sponsoring HK so much as giving in, I see it as something small, but I don't know how that stuff works, i'm a fan after all, not an expert. Gary, I have no idea financially what Proto puts into the team, but I expect its a large amount of money to run a team like that. But I read the threads and its obvious to me, you have more invested in these kids than money. I just want to see the roster stay the same, I mean besides any pick-ups in the off season, like LJ that was sick. As a fan I want to see a custom HK proto jersey, that would be sick! I try and collect jerseys, and to have like to have a Legacy Kenny rosenburg jersey AND a Kenny HK jersey. It'd be like Christmas to me. I mean why not sponsor them and use HK as your nppl team in semi-pro next year. You guys would run that division, I mean you already own in the NXL. I don't see it as giving in sponsoring HK, I see it as branching out........
OH and my team even stalks you guys LOL J/K but that was us in Chicago at Chilis interupting your dinner by having the "beefy" guy on our team put his nipples on the window by where you guys were sitting.... LOL, i'm just a Legacy fan who looks at the cup as half full.........

Last edited by hateyou : 10-13-2005 at 03:54 PM.
hateyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:41 PM #247
lilman
rawr.
 
lilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: So Cal
lilman is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hateyou
Gary, if I had info, just for the fact that months ago I created a thread called Legacy best young team ever, I would do anything to see Legacy as it is today stay together. This is the thread I am refrencing off of as far as people leaving
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1226409
All I know is what I read on your forums, and I wanna say thanks for allowing us to know so much about you. My point is, I like rooting for Legacy, I was there on the sidelines in Chicago when Miguel took the pic of you that became the first pic of the month. I stood there with Jules, cheering and helping with locations against Chicago! The fact of the matter is, I like Legacy, I like HK, and I have always associated the 2 together. It made sense in my mind, Proto, through Lecacy, appears to be a hungry, take what they want company. I like that, and I attribute alot of that with the kids that are from HK. I see where they are coming from in the sense that they are being loyal to, imo, a higher purpose....... loyal to friends. But as a fan, I have always seen Legacy like a family. You guys are family,IMO, and thats what HK seems to be to me as well. I don't see sponsoring HK so much as giving in, I see it as something small, but I don't know how that stuff works, i'm a fan after all, not an expert. Gary, I have no idea financially what Proto puts into the team, but I expect its a large amount of money to run a team like that. But I read the threads and its obvious to me, you have more invested in these kids than money. I just want to see the roster stay the same, I mean besides any pick-ups in the off season, like LJ that was sick. As a fan I want to see a custom HK proto jersey, that would be sick! I try and collect jerseys, and to have like to have a Legacy Kenny rosenburg jersey AND a Kenny HK jersey. It'd be like Christmas to me. I mean why not sponsor them and use HK as your nppl team in semi-pro next year. You guys would run that division, I mean you already own in the NXL. I don't see it as giving in sponsoring HK, I see it as branching out........
I agree with hateyou 100%.

Back when I just started to follow hk and really start to appriciate them they all started leaving. They all went to Legacy, this is where my Legacy respect and devotion has come from. I want this team to stay together, and have all the old HK fats join up with their soldiers left on hk. What I want most is to see all of the OG hk play together in NXL on Legacy, and play 7man under the name Hostile kids. I guess I am just stuck in the past.. =/
__________________
Lilman's Army
My Feedback
"Originally posted by TheLPB
Lilman and Zero: Shutting down BS-fountain posters across the digital nation. "
Want to know the secret to getting laid? Click here!
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 05:07 PM #248
ComSec
Makin' kids cry since1995
 
ComSec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Seattle's my home
ComSec is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Yeah that would be the cool
__________________
Legacy Supporter #300
Naughty Dog Supporter #53

TEAMSAVAGE INTENT
Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS NFC West Champs.

USMC Iraq Vet///Rockin' an Olive Proto 'trix. w/V!rtue. ffry's old DM4
check out my page, it is the coolest. http://www.myspace.com/chase7x7
ComSec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:10 PM #249
GSLegacy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Here is a little word to the wise.

You say your stuck in the past...Correct? It was like saying you were stuck in a rut. That you realize you may need to change but for some reason cannot.

Well....

"A Rut is a Grave With the Ends Kicked Out!"

Gary
GSLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:19 PM #250
olddfatbulldog
 
 
olddfatbulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
 has been a member for 10 years
Gary

My good friend, Nick Champion, of Redz Sedition B Team and I are big supporters of Legacy. We recently started to make videos together under the name Rising Sun Paintball Productions and we are in need of lots of footage. We were wondering if it wouldn't be a problem myself or my associate to come out to film you guys at SC Village. None of these videos will profit anything, we just want to get videos of awesome teams out to paintballers. Thanks and good luck at the World Cup!

-Adam O'Neal and Rising Sun Paintball Productions
olddfatbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:31 PM #251
GSLegacy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddfatbulldog
Gary

My good friend, Nick Champion, of Redz Sedition B Team and I are big supporters of Legacy. We recently started to make videos together under the name Rising Sun Paintball Productions and we are in need of lots of footage. We were wondering if it wouldn't be a problem myself or my associate to come out to film you guys at SC Village. None of these videos will profit anything, we just want to get videos of awesome teams out to paintballers. Thanks and good luck at the World Cup!

-Adam O'Neal and Rising Sun Paintball Productions
We would be glad to participate! Just come and introduce yourself and I will cover some of the stuff and we would more than be happy to work with you guys.

Gary
GSLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:47 PM #252
olddfatbulldog
 
 
olddfatbulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
 has been a member for 10 years
Will you guys be at SC the weekend of (November 5th)?
olddfatbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump