Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-20-2002, 09:10 AM #1
lopxtc
MasterCard WebGuru

has been a member for 10 years
Double feeding with a Sandridge ...

Hey all maybe you can provide some insight on to a problem I have on Sunday ...

I have a boxless F5 which has been shooting great up until this weekend.

What was happening is that Sometimes when I would pull the trigger the marker would cycle but the ball would fire. And of course on the next pull I would get either two balls flying out of the marker or a nice paint splooge as both balls would impact and break on each other.

I am thinking this maybe related to my air source. Prior to this weekend I was using a 45/4500 max-flow at about ~300psi. I recently took off that tank and put it on my wifes marker. I then replaces it with a 68/4500 CenterFlag DynaFlow system. When I went out to chrony, I set the tank to ~300psi and couldnt get the marker to shoot below 350fps. I tried to adjust the pressure down some more, but by the time the fps went below 300 the gauge on the tank would no longer read an output pressure.

Anyone with experience on these tanks?

Also one other question, how do I go about oiling or maintaining the MAC valves? I got the marker in a trade and it was serviced before the trade, but I didnt get anything on how to maintain the valves.

Thanks,

Aaron

"Love, Peace, and Shonen Knife!"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2002, 02:59 PM #2
CenterFlag
Awaiting Email Confirmation

In relation to your tank question.. Are you Double regging the system? The centerflag tanks are designed to be double regged. As the tank pressure goes down the output pressure rises which is a by-product of the design.

The reason that you may have been shooting so hot is that the gauges you are using are off as well. i.e. one is high and the other is low. Also in changing the setup possibly you are using a less restricted flow.. i.e. switched from micro line to Macro. Something like that..

These are only ideas.

If you would like a troubleshooting guide to your Dynaflow tank please send me an e-mail.. I'll forward one right out to you.

Let me know what is up or if you figure out what has happened I sure would like to know too..

CF

Primary Email: centerflagtech@yahoo.com
Old 05-20-2002, 04:34 PM #3
lopxtc
MasterCard WebGuru

No, I am running the centerflag straight into the marker at ~300psi. That was giving me 350fps at the chrony. When I adjusted the reg down further to eventually get below 300fps the output to marker guage was reading zero, although there was a significant output since the marker to cycle during rapid fire. Now knowing that any non-precision guage (which I am assuming these are not really precision ones) typically not reliable at the top and bottom 10% of the guages value (ie a 500 psi gauge is not going to read accurately within the first and last 50psi), I am going to assume that I am getting a bad reading.
Mine plan is to jack the tank back up to 800psi and then run that into either a vertical MaxFlow or vertical MacDev to come back down below 300psi. I have used MaxFlow regs almost religiously for the past three years and will probably go that route, unless money is tight.

Aaron

Old 05-20-2002, 05:27 PM #4
Jynxfactor

Jynxfactor is a Supporting Member
Well its mostlikely not your tank/reg/whatever.

CHECK THE BATTERIES. F5's are finicky about there batteries, make sure there freash.

When you pull the trigger and the gun dosen't fire just (just feeds anouther ball) does the back block go back far enough to compleatly cock to cocking rod (does it stay back or come forward with the back block) If it doesn't stay cocked its eather that the lug needs to be adjusted in (just a little though) or the back block isant traveling far enough and you need to eather adjust your ram sensers or your front block reg

Now if your cocking rod does stay back it could be that the lug is to far out (just a little) or the little ram (in the grip) isant working right and you have some electronics problems and that I can't help you with.
CHRONIC
REDZ
Old 05-22-2002, 10:19 AM #5
lopxtc
MasterCard WebGuru

Jynx,

Well I know its not the battery as I put a fresh one in that morning, and I chage the battery out every 6-8 cases of paint.

The cycling operation seems to be fine on the marker. The second feeding seems to come during short faster bursts, instead of longer slower streams of fire. Thats why I thought the flow on the tank maybe the problem, in that in the short quicker bursts I am pulling the trigger faster then the longer sustained bursts which tend to be slower.

I was trying to repeat the problem, but to success. Sort of like the noise in your car which goes away as soon as you get to the garage. Go figure.

Will just have to see what happens the next time I am out.

Aaron

Old 05-22-2002, 07:09 PM #6
Jynxfactor

The reason I don't think its the flow from your bottle is that you would have very noticable drop off before your cocking system would be affected (250-350 for firing 30-40 for cocking). What type of front reg are you using rock, shocktec, belsales, ect?
CHRONIC
REDZ
Old 05-22-2002, 07:41 PM #7
lopxtc
MasterCard WebGuru

The front reg is a stock reg from an evolution cocker.

Aaron

Old 05-22-2002, 08:04 PM #8
Jynxfactor

Well evo cockers are pretty top of the line so the reg should deffinatly be up to the task.

My suggestion now is to see if you can gat the gun to act up again and check the position of the cocking rod. Then start making adjustments to the gun as if it was a normal cocker (ignor the electronic componints) and see if that fixes it. Just remember to adjust just one part at a time.

Now for oiling and maintaining the mac valves. Just disconect the hose that goes fron your front reg to the mac and put a few drops of oil in it, reconect the hose and fire a couple of times (don't forget to either take your barrle off or squegge it when your done) and thats it. I usually do this about every 3-4 cases.
CHRONIC
REDZ
Old 05-23-2002, 01:03 PM #9
enphorcer

Check your sear adjustment as listed above. Also, if the cocking rod STAYS BACK when it double loads, your sear screw may be set too tight, thus the solenoid doesn't have enough force to release it resulting in occasional double feeds. Adjusting the sear catch 1/2 turn in after it begins catching is usually just right. Also make sure your LPR isn't set too low,resulting in it loosing steam during rapid fire and not providing the solenoids enough air to cock/activate the sear.

Good luck,
Dan
Sterling - pumps still rock