1. No Clue
2. Snap Out
3. Hostile

AM B:

1. PA Trespassers
2. N.A.S
3. Insanity
4. SMB

so what did everone think. besides being off to a rough start and having some air issues i think it was ran well. No complains on reffing... well atleast no big ones I saw a couple of calls that where iffy but u can't be perfect nothing compared to crazy daves. over all i thought it was a good event.
just my 2 cents
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2002, 05:56 PM #2
Exilict

Exilict is a Supporting Member
Exilict is a founding member
Exilict donated to help Peyton Trent
Exilict plays in the APPA D5 division
Amature B Scoreboard

Am A Scoreboard

Hope thoes help a bit, incase you wanted to see who scores where..... I had a great time... Little rain.. but nothing to serious, the air was defentally a problem, 2200 is NOT enough to fill tanks up to at a tourney... Just not enough....

Nice playing with you all, see you at EAPL # 3....

P.S. If any teams would like to scrimage please get ahold of me on AOL.

-Chris
Old 05-19-2002, 07:49 PM #3
Mr.Bones

has been a member for 10 years
When is Eapl #3?

-Action Fanatics
Old 05-19-2002, 10:44 PM #4
5pecial J
throwin' bows

Yea i think the tourney was run pretty well.

It would have been better if we had played better but you have your good days and your bad days.

Congratulations to team insanity for taking third... They played well today and had me on the balls of my feet that one game!

Sorry about the goggle shot chris... but don't worry u guys finished ahead of us so everything is cool.
Old 05-19-2002, 10:55 PM #5
redGOD

I'm not going to complain or bicker, the tourny was pretty good. The fence field was my favorite, but on the air ball field the reffing suxed.
And for VENEAGENCE all I would like to know is whats up with the kid that was shot in the head and then said it was an old hit, cause I clearly saw him get hit.
Another thing that got me ballin was during the same game the one kid on smb broke a ball off the break and he was in his bunker squeeging it and paint was ozzing out the porting and the ref called him, saying that there was piant on his barrel.

I had a fun time and Good job Insanity.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:23 AM #6
SidewinderLCD

EAPL

My two cents on the tourney, SMB and Bunkered not a good combo no chemisty, but i did have a lot of fun working with you and getting a chance to learn your ways and more about you, DJ was a big help and had a lot of fun with him too. We should have torn that mother up and I am disapointed about that a lot of close games but a lot of problems too. The reffing on sup air totally sucked and I don't wanna here anything about it. Cleaning the paint out of my barrel and being called for it is unacceptable and I am extremely happy that i argued the bad calls because all of the calls on that field sucked i am totally serious. Good job too the All A'S 2 though I respect their calls and skillful jugdement. A lot of cheating going on on sup air, no names vengance come on guys the obvious hits you could at least wipe.
Congrats to Isanity, but you have felt a team that could not work
Beware of the wrath of the actual team Bunkered cause we will be back and not as S.M.B.
Lata the Sandmann
Conquest N Glad
Lovin Mac Dev Baby
Old 05-20-2002, 10:14 AM #7
Exilict

I dont recall any reffing problems for our team outher then a problem I had on the fence field.. The ref said "he is hit, let him out" and then never took him out... We won anyway... But that was still not very cool...

As far as the airball field goes, I saw alot of things that I didn't like but none of them really while we were playing, I thought they listened to reason, and most importantaly agreeded with every word I said The only thing I didn't like is.... When the flag is pulled, and moved, it is NOT to be rehung! The player is to stand up, with the flag above his head... Twice we had to argue who had the first pull because they hung the flag back up.. Kutos to vengance for being honest, that time....

(this part is edited, just because.... i dont want to post it...)

Kutos also to hostile, they knew we needed the pull to even contend, and they kept us from it.. W/o *****ing or crying...

As far as I know.. Thoes were my only two complaints, if *THAT* is as bad as the reffing will ever be, I can tolerate it...

-Chris

Last edited by Exilict : 05-20-2002 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:21 PM #8
BiggieSlims

I went as a spectator and realized a few things. Its a shame when and amature a team (No clue) verse dead last backdraft had to cheat. Come on guys. The guy clearly got shot off the break and continued to run down the field. He clamied it wasnt playing on because he didnt shoot. He didnt even get close enough to shoot anyone. Overall i saw that it was a well runned tourny. What did u guys think about backdraft i dont think they would be half bad if they got there act together. Did anyone see the game where Backdraft sent there guy to the flag off the break and he did not take his gun on the field? That was nice.
Peace
BS
Old 05-21-2002, 02:41 PM #9
Exilict

What backdraft needs is someone who can argue like me... Common.. Car salesman I never lose....

Simply put you needed to agree, "Yes you continued to your bunker with out shooting, I understand that however the rules of playing on clearly state you can not continue to move as a player"

Playing on entails continuing to act as a player in the game after being eliminated. Playing on includes, but is not limited to, continuing to fire or otherwise engage the opposition, continuing to move, except with respect to exiting the field by the most direct route or at the direction of a judge, talking, signaling or otherwise communicating, either to a judge, opposing players or teammates, except that a player may say, “Hit” or, “Out” or something to that effect once, impeding the progress of opposition players or a judge, hampering a judge in making a paintcheck or a call, discharging or degassing the marker or providing teammates with paintballs or equipment.

"Using your story of what happened, and the official rules, you just admitted you played on... Thanks"

*EDIT*

-Chris

Last edited by Exilict : 06-03-2002 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:51 PM #10
oakmax

DECENT TOURNEY.
Good job terminal Velocity on your 1st tourney. A few bad calls on both fields, some dead men talking not called and not much bickering. As far as the obvious hits, SMB , He was hit 3 times in the head in the last game and that looked like the same old hit I wiped off of him after the game, If you saw one break there was no fresh paint on him. No one on our team will wipe, If so they're gone. If you have video on a specific incident I'd love to see it.

Can't wait till #3
Old 05-21-2002, 03:20 PM #11
BiggieSlims

Yo

Hey,
It wasnt that he made it to his bunker. He made it to his second bunker while being shot off the break. Backdrafts got one person who can argue hes the bigger dude. Hes pretty hillarious when u can listen to him
Peace
BS
Old 05-21-2002, 05:14 PM #12
redGOD

Aight vengeance, I dont need any video to prove, bc I saw the balls traveling in the air, and one hitting the kid with the tan beanie in the head, and paint splattering off to the side. So the ball did break. But what ever I dont care bc its done with.
Old 05-21-2002, 07:08 PM #13
mjw

Comment to Exilict

The reason Snap Out wanted to play everyone was because we like to play paintball and the alternate was for us to only play 4 games. It did not effect scores, and let everyone get a full day of paintball. I would think that teams would like to have some tough compitetion to improve their game.

Regarding your comment ...

"This is just my vote, and I can't speak for my team, or anyone else.. But if the question comes up again "Does everyone play everyone" my answer is going to be.. No, because of situations like this..... "

This makes no sense. The alleged playing on situation and the fact that AmA and AmB played each other are unrelated. You seem like an intelligent young man ... you should know that in logic this is known as a non sequitur.

Which two teams are "KNOWN" to cheat?

Mike
Snap Out
Old 05-21-2002, 08:17 PM #14
OP-paintball

way to go Mike! Someone with intelligent comment for once! reeg
Old 05-21-2002, 08:23 PM #15
nspaintballer
dutch

everything was great axcept the air problemb. As far as SMB trying to start more fights, the kid with the tan beenie was me I didnt whipe no hits and you didnt see no paint break off my head, because first of all there was NO shell on my head, NO fresh paint on my head and NO paint splatered, on A my visor, and B my head. also all the paint was dry and faded on my head, so you can think what you wan't but I don't whipe.

www.crazydavespaintball.net

www.vengeancepb.com
Old 05-21-2002, 08:54 PM #16
Exilict

Mike,
We had to aruge with you guys for almost 15 minutes after the game.. And the refs STILL didn't make the right call..

Proper call for the Insanity vs Snap out game:

I do appologize for not knowing the name of the center player....

As I came around the center bunker my barrel hit him in the chest, as his barrel hit me in the arm. He was comming out from the bunker as I was comming past it. I shot him, even though he says I didn't. But its irrelevent to the call. We have all been playing long enough to know you dont hit someone w/your gun and NOT shoot them...

Either of us were stationed, both moving, and our equipment came into contact with a player from the other team, causing both of us to be eliminated at that point in time. I put my hands up, got shot a few times.. but it happens, i ran the 50, however he didn't call himself out.

He instead came around the back of the bunker, shot andy and then started to shoot one of our back players. The call there should be a 1 for 2. Because the play did influence the game, and was a rather drastic play on.

3 players out of the game would of changed the entire out come of that game. considering at that time I would of been the only player out of the game....

Can we expect the refs to make this kinda call??.. No, they wernt expecting any of it to happen, however after the game it should of clicked that you cant touch each other with your equipment...

The fact is, everyone I talked to had a complaint about either no clue, or snap out.. Hell, hostile was cool as hell when we rushed the flag, they stopped us, but understood WHY we were doing it..

Not to mention becky says YOU were the one *****ing about how the B teams didn't want to play you, and you wish they would just go out to play.. and this and that.. Going to believe the becky over anything anyone says here..

My 2cent...

-Chris
Old 05-21-2002, 09:47 PM #17
mjw

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I personally did not see what happened and I accept the refs call. Although I am amused how your side of the story ends conveniently with Insanity having 4 players alive against 2 Snap Out players. So I'll bet you then imagine Insanity going on to victory. Personally I don't think your overall score after 10 games, 7 of which were against AmB teams warrants that much confidence.

Regarding arguing ... weren't you the one just a little while ago who take pride in being a "car salesman". I'm sure this is because you never argue.

Who is Becky?

We took 2nd because of our own mistakes. Kudos to PA Trespassers for beating us straight up and Pandemonium for stopping us cold.

We were a bit frustrated that a couple, and it was only a couple, AmB teams had a strategy of pull the flag at all costs, and then just get eliminated in about 30 seconds. I'm still not sure what happened in those games.

You did not answer my question about who is "KNOWN" to cheat.

Mike
Snap Out
Old 05-21-2002, 09:51 PM #18
mjw

Reeg

Great tournament. I had a lot of fun! I love that kick'n Metalix.

See ya layer ... Mike
Old 05-21-2002, 10:40 PM #19
Exilict

My on field argument was simply, we pulled the flag...

However, if you take your own team mates story.... not even my version, what HE said, and compair it to the rules, that would be the proper call...

Either way, its over and done with.. Good games, congrats and all...

Chris

P.S In the business we dont call it arguing, we call it over comming objectives...

-Chris
Old 05-22-2002, 07:49 AM #20
Mr.Bones

Quote:
Originally posted by nspaintballer
everything was great axcept the air problemb. As far as SMB trying to start more fights, the kid with the tan beenie was me I didnt whipe no hits and you didnt see no paint break off my head, because first of all there was NO shell on my head, NO fresh paint on my head and NO paint splatered, on A my visor, and B my head. also all the paint was dry and faded on my head, so you can think what you wan't but I don't whipe.
Why don't u clean off your old hits, it's only common snese.

-Action Fanatics
Old 05-22-2002, 10:41 AM #21
RUDE DOG
Daddy

RUDE DOG is a founding member
We had a few of games where we had to turn it around fast. We just came off of one field and then we were on deck to play the next one, plus the fact that half of the day was spent standing in line waiting for air (lame), that did'nt give anyone much time to clean up between games. Lot's of games were delayed due to this and we were all trying to get back on the field as fast as possible to avoid delaying everyone else. Look, the ref's made the decision, DEAL WITH IT, if they thought it was fresh then they would have called it that way. We had a few calls during the tourney that we did'nt like and cost us a lot of points. It happens to everyone, that's paintball.

The ref's do the best job they can and they make their calls accordingly. Everyone should try reffing a tournament sometime, maybe then you will understand that the ref's only see the game from their prespective and they make the calls based on what they have seen. It's never an easy job and it's almost impossible to make everyone happy. The ref's make the best decision that they can and we all have to live with it. It's all too easy to judge the games from the sidelines.

I wish people would quit trying to blame everyone else but themselves because they lost a game, you will never improve your game that way. Look into your own mind to find the reason you lost and try to find a way to improve it. You'll never get any better blaming everyone else, and controversial calls are always part of the equation. If at all possible, try to find a way not to get into those situations in the first place, although that's easier said then done.

With all of that crap said and done I'd like to thank everyone for another great day of competition. I had a lot of fun even though we did'nt place very well. I think any team in our league can beat any other team and that gives us all a lot of challenging play. Congrat's to everyone and I look forward to seeing you all at the next one. Good luck.

Dave
Team VENGEANCE

www.crazydavespaintball.net