PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-19-2002, 02:42 PM #1
Impulse2133379

has been a member for 10 years
Help!

I have a team. This is our first year and we were goin to go to a tournament the 26th and one of my teamates went today 2 play and saw some of the teams that are gonna be thre and now he doesnt wanna play and neither does the rest of the team. I guess they were intimidated. I said we have 2 start somewhere and they wanna go into a tournament were they have a chance. "They don't wanna waste there money" I dont know what im gonna do. Im thinkinng about quitting all 2gether....

*Cocker*
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2002, 12:59 PM #2
amhildreth
Sheridan Sugardaddy

Annual Supporting Member
amhildreth is a Moderator
amhildreth is a Supporting Member
amhildreth donated to help Peyton Trent
amhildreth supports Bob Gurnsey
amhildreth supports our troops
Impulse, don't give it up! Do some quick-scouting to see if you can replace the 2 that bailed on you, or have another talk with the guys on the team. Explain to them that even if you get beaten in the tourney, it will make you better players by watching how the other teams play against you. If one of you gets taken out, watch where the shots were taken from, see where and how you got hit, and use it as a learning experience. That's how the good teams get better. it's a harsh form of constructive criticism, but a memorable way to learn better communication and cover. Good luck, and markers up!

SCP, Carter's Commandos, CanCon
Old 05-21-2002, 01:30 AM #3
airme

The way i see it ....If you can't handle getting your butt kicked you shouldn't be in this sport because EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE gets there rear handed to them in a doggie bag at one point or another in this sport. Go out there play the tourney most teams are friendly and help full you will learn alot. How are you going to get good if you don't play teams better than you.

"Less Chat,More Splat!"-Homer Simpson

Xbox Live Gamertag: AirMe