Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-22-2002, 12:12 AM #22
jkeyser14
Engineer

jkeyser14 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
What I am talking about though is not making the thickness where the rod with the 2 o-rings seals thinner, but further up on it. Like why not mill some metal off of that piece to give you more volume. I know that the interior hole's thickness would still have to be the same, but you could make the rest of the part thinner to give you more volume.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2002, 12:24 AM #23
MULLETMANIA
Headbanger

All I have to say is that it looks like you dont need that matrix in the background... I'll take it off your hands for you, and just to be nice, I'll do it for free.
Old 05-22-2002, 06:55 AM #24
b1g_kahuna

i also mill down the back plug too,,,about a 1/4 inch.. that seems to help a bit,, especially when the tank is low pressure..under 500 psi
Old 05-22-2002, 08:15 AM #25
MATRIX (Banned)

you guys have been pretty good to me by giving me info that I needed so why not return the favor. The venturi holes are there because the stock bolts would break. But what I am talking about is the "hump" on the bolt. Look where the top-hat slides on the bolt - on the bolt it, there is a significant "hump," but on the stock on, there isn't!!!
Old 05-22-2002, 08:19 AM #26
jkeyser14
Engineer

jkeyser14 is a founding member
I don't have a stock bolt to compare to the bump on mine to see the difference, oh well.

Someone try making a spacer out of something harder, so you can open it up more without it breaking.
Old 05-22-2002, 10:39 AM #27
gopher
STL Transplant

aaahhhh it hurts
i'm thinking way to hard
i'm so confused right now
BINGSHOP
Old 05-22-2002, 12:18 PM #28
biggy
Bonus ball that is...

Hey Darin howzit...Let me just throw more fuel to the fire. many of you may call me crazy and disagree with me, but none the less I will speak my piece once again. I like to use the spacer/sleeve from shocktech(or the pbc, it has since been dicontinued) The idea behind this that it will lower the volume of air the matrix uses to fire and there for an increased amount of shots per tank. note: this will increase to operating preasure to around 190-210psi. The gain is also not that significant, but in my book, every little bit counts.
Old 05-22-2002, 07:20 PM #29
b1g_kahuna

thats so true biggy..
every little bit counts.. i tried the spacer ,, i have both of them, the only thing i didnt like was that you had to raise the trinity up . other than that it does make a difference. I have a couple of more things im doing,, but what i need is,if you have any made, are those straigh fittings that are already turned down for the air chamber..
What im going to dois plug the air hole going up thru the air chamber with a allen screw,and run the air straight for the vertical ,, that way i think it will have alittle more air flow than going thru that small A$$ hole .lol
Like I said, i have a couple of mre things that im trying..
So you cousin is getting a impy. lol. its all my fault,, ilet him use mines last week and he just pounded that thing to death. anyway let me know
darin
P.S>
i think one of the main things that make the arrdy bolt work better is the chip..

Last edited by b1g_kahuna : 05-22-2002 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-22-2002, 07:39 PM #30
Fatty
Super Pimp

Fatty is a Supporting Member
Fatty is a founding member
"i think one of the main things that make the arrdy bolt work better is the chip.."

You're absolultely right. You know how the "valve" opens at a certain time in the bolts movement? Well, if your bolt is moving slower, then that gap takes longer to fully open. And you are losing precious gas because you're ball isn't getting the intial BURST of air. I find the bolt kit Matrix to now have as flat a trajectory as my cockers, or shocker, due to the SNAP of air. That is also why the gun gets considerably louder with a bolt kit.

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Old 05-22-2002, 07:54 PM #31
MATRIX (Banned)

i do not mean to sound like an but how come people advertise to bolt kit to make your marker quiet?
Old 05-23-2002, 03:09 PM #32
Wicked Chaos
808 Superhero

i noticed that it's quieter with paint, without paint, it's louder then a stock matrix
Old 05-23-2002, 03:53 PM #33
biggy
Bonus ball that is...

Talking

Are you the one with my old gun?
Darin, just drill out the body. You have a die/tap set and a lathe don't you? It is the same thread as '99 cocker gas block screw.
Old 05-23-2002, 05:17 PM #34
b1g_kahuna

Lol
Biggy,,, just thought you had some laying around, i was kinda lazy to do it!
Old 05-23-2002, 05:48 PM #35
biggy
Bonus ball that is...

no, I no longer have the means to produce any fittings, sorry
Old 05-25-2002, 02:34 AM #36
Wicked Chaos
808 Superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by biggy
Are you the one with my old gun?
yea, just bought own one of the markers you built. bought if from darin's teamate