PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-05-2013, 11:17 PM #1
icweiner
iseewhiner!

Talking feel like a boss!

Ok so I bought a shocker from here off the nation, my first one ever. So I got it and aired it up no probs. Went to shoot and it was terrible, fsdo, broke paint and started leaking. Well played with my trusty ear orgasming dm4 the rest of the day. Well come to find out when I reset the board I had the dwell at 12 ms and that was no bueno with the humphrey noid and he.....

So I reset the dwell to 17, and the abs to 10 and I relubed the whole gun with slick honey ( go ahead and hate it works perfect though :p) went out and shot a whole hopper perfect, except it had an intermittent leak from the body. Well I thought, its just the bolt sail like my dm4 and ill fix it easy. It turns out not so much......

I go out another day to shoot some paint to show my new beauty to my roomate and the leak is worse, not intermittent this time and stays till I de air it. Well crap, so I go in and relube her and try a new bolt sail, all new outer can orings, new front guide oring, new inner bolt sleeve oring and even a new front can oring. This was over the course of three days btw.

So none of that worked, im about to chuck this thing across the room because I know its the noid or manifold and I didnt wanna mess with those. But tonight I said screw it and performed surgery ( to me lol simple to some of you) I pulled the frame off and aired her up. Sure enough, slow and steady leak from the left exhaust manifold. So I carefully detach the eye wire and pull rhe scres out. I take the manifold off, clean all the orings and slap her back together. Air it up and psssssssssssss. Made it worse. Very defeated at this point. I go and goof off for an hour and decide to try again. I pull her apart, rub a tiny amount of grease on everything and put the noid back on. This time I make sure the noid is perfectly straight and I evenly torque the screws. Air it and bam..... pure silence....... I hate leaking markers lol, I prolly woulda stayed up all night wanting it fixed. Also I tryed a whole new bolt engine to make sure it was the noid. Just sharing my used marker story/ successful noid installation.

Tl; Dr

Gun waas leaking, replaced every bolt oring in gun and tryed a new engine.
Figured out it was manifold, tried to fix it once, made it worse, tryed again and it was perfect.
Happy camper over here, I always have bad luck with used stuff.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:02 AM #2
kool_aid22
[[[O]]]

kool_aid22 is BST Legit
kool_aid22 is Legendary
kool_aid22 supports Empire
noice

now do it again!!!
kool_aid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:48 AM #3
vector911

Last couple shockers I picked up also has the inserts messed with causing leaks too. Some people just can't resist turning that Allen wrench.
vector911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:49 AM #4
Suspect 69

Welcome to the wonderful world of Shockers. These markers WILL make you a better tech.

Company Commander 101st Airborne NE Allied Command.

Team SOD- NY-NJ Rec Ballers Since 1996
Shocker 4x4 SF, Shocker NXT, Russian Legion Shocker, Bob Long Alias, WORR Pro-Stock 'Cocker, PE EGO 11, and a PGP for up close and personal.
Suspect 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:58 PM #5
icweiner
iseewhiner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect 69 View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of Shockers. These markers WILL make you a better tech.
Lol definitely. Never worked on a noid besides an eblade cocker and it just had a gasket. No manifold.

Oh I take back my slick honey statement.....

I stop cycling while I was testing it. Pulled it apart, lube looked fine, wiped it down and relubed it with dow. No probs.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:10 AM #6
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jim4130 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Legendary
Good then reset your dwell to 10-12 ms cause 17 is high. I've never had an issue running an HE setup sprung or not at 10-12ms. Oring fitment is key.

come check out my gun collection

shocker owners

win a free luxe!!!
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:26 PM #7
icweiner
iseewhiner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim4130 View Post
Good then reset your dwell to 10-12 ms cause 17 is high. I've never had an issue running an HE setup sprung or not at 10-12ms. Oring fitment is key.
I have the loosest orings I could find. My bros is way way smoother than mine. But his orings are old and broken in. I definately have the most drag on the rear 17 oring and the front 17. All the others have almost no resistance compared to those. I figured after a few few cases they will loosen up. Itll shoot at 13 ms dwell but it gains velocity with a higher dwell so I upped it till I felt it didnt gain velocity. It has a fixed dump chamber like a matrix so dwell shouldnt matter that much.